Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newcastle 2-0 Bolton

+10
Keegan
trotter1948
jayjay23
doffcocker
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Sat 7 Apr - 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

What will Coyle come up with for Monday.

How will he stop Ba and Cisse.

Will he bring Knight back? Will he recall Robbo from Leeds? Will he start Alonso?

Dread to think really.

Last edited by Sluffy on Mon 9 Apr - 17:15; edited 1 time in total

2Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Sat 7 Apr - 23:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I would go back to having Gretar on the right and Ricketts on the left, how Alonso has been allowed to just stroll back into the starting 11 when Sam and Gretar were looking solid is beyond me, another one of OC's mysterys.

Not sure what we do on Monday to be honest, I can't seen any team that OC puts out being enough to even get a point at the moment.

Minimum 3-0 to the magpies.

3Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Sun 8 Apr - 9:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan

Gretar Ream Wheater Ricketts

Eagles NRC Pratley Vela Petrov

Sordell

Time to try something different at Newcastle. Eagles should come back in purely because he's just about the only creative player we have. Sordell should be given his chance upfront as there's little pressure on us for this game. Everyone expects a tonking.

4Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Sun 8 Apr - 11:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Newcastle are a better team than us, (our current team), and I'm with Nat in that we have to change things around. However, its because of OC's apparent fear of changing that I thnk is part of the problem. I can't see it being fixed overnight, but I live in hope.

5Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Sun 8 Apr - 12:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Bogdan

Sordell

Time to try something different at Newcastle. Eagles should come back in purely because he's just about the only creative player we have. Sordell should be given his chance upfront as there's little pressure on us for this game. Everyone expects a tonking.

jayjay is that you?

having said that i do agree it's about time Sordell was given a chance, what beter time than in a game where we all expect a severe beating. Who knows it might just pay off.

6Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Sun 8 Apr - 12:53

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I have resisted the idea of playing Vela as he is a unknown player but I think it's now a time to give him a shot as he can't do any worse than Pratley, who I would take out of that team Nat and put in M.Davies.

Are Mears and Riley injured by the way? Riley looked decent when he was given a crack but seems to have fallen off OC's radar.

As for Sordell, it's a double edged sword for him tomorrow if he plays, if we get tonked and doesn't get many chances then I think OC will go back to keeping him on the bench but on the other hand he has pace that could worry the Newcastle back 4.

7Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Sun 8 Apr - 13:18

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

We all expect us to get beaten and the most interesting question is what team will Coyle select.

If Alonso, Kavies or Knight start we can expect a terrible time. I wish Coyle would take a chance on Sordell and Vela but don't think he will. I think he will go 451 again, probably only bringing in Steinsson for Alonso. Without the Muamba/NRC pairing releasing Mavies and only Ngog upfront this reduces our goal scoring chances to virtually nil, so our best hope is a 0-0 draw.

And yes what has happened to Riley?

Last edited by xmiles on Sun 8 Apr - 14:41; edited 1 time in total

8Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Sun 8 Apr - 14:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Even Steinsson for Alonso is a massive step forward.

9Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Sun 8 Apr - 15:48

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

------------Bogdan------------

Steinsson--Wheater--Ream--Ricketts

Myaichi-ReoCoker-MDavies-Pratley-Petrov

---------Sordell-------

We'll seriously struggle to cause them problems with N'Gog, Klasnic or Davies up there. We haven't got an awful lot to lose just giving Sordell a game. I'd even rather see Tuncay play than Ngog, but there's more chance of Owen Coyle pulling the shirt on himself.

I don't think Ngog's useless. It's just that he's not going to produce that bit of magic that we're going to need against this very good side. Where a frustrated 21 year old with a bit of pace and trickery and a point to prove might just.

10Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Sun 8 Apr - 20:24

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

How about Tuncay in M.Davies role and Sordell up front on his own just in front of Tuncay?.......

11Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Sun 8 Apr - 21:07

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Bogdan

Sordell

jayjay is that you?

having said that i do agree it's about time Sordell was given a chance, what beter time than in a game where we all expect a severe beating. Who knows it might just pay off.

I thought that but no - this is me...

Bogdan
Steinsson Wheater Reem Ricketts
Miyachi NRC Pratley Petrov
Tuncay
Ngog

Mavies, Eagles, Sordell all could be used as impact subs at the appropriate time. I hated picking Pratley but have little choice...

Ngog would look more effective with a Tuncay nearby - me reckons.

12Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Mon 9 Apr - 13:02

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Can anyone remember what stream was used for our last away game?

13Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Mon 9 Apr - 13:44

Word up bitches, how many you going to lose by today? I reckon at least 4-0. And when we beat the scoucers tomorrow it'll be all over for you lot.

14Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Mon 9 Apr - 14:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFC: Bogdan, Steinsson, Wheater, Ream, Ricketts, Eagles, M Davies, Pratley, Reo-Coker, Petrov, K Davies

15Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Mon 9 Apr - 14:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you make that up?

16Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Mon 9 Apr - 14:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No.

17Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Mon 9 Apr - 15:36

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

20 minutes gone
can't keep possession
devoid of ideas within 18 yards of their goal

18Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Mon 9 Apr - 15:47

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

kavies is our form striker - it would have been insane to put him on the bench for this game.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

19Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Mon 9 Apr - 15:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

0-0 at half-time is beyond my wildest dreams. I just hope Coyle has the sense to keep it tight and not go chasing victory.

20Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newcastle 2-0 Bolton Mon 9 Apr - 15:50

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Only managed to listen to the game and Davies sounds like he is having a good game, we sould like we are passing it well and defending quite well too.

Newcastle don't sound like they are up for it today so could be here for the taking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum