Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Korea ferry disaster

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Korea ferry disaster Empty Korea ferry disaster Fri 18 Apr - 21:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

So sad, so many children lost.

RIP.

Korea ferry disaster _74289464_texts

Student: "Dad, don't worry. I'm wearing a life vest and am with other girls. We're inside the ship, still in the hallway."

Father: "I know that the rescue is under way, but shouldn't you be waiting outside the rail? Try to get out if you can."

Student: "The ship is too tilted. The hallway is crowded with so many people."

The student who sent these messages remains unaccounted for.

Student: "The ship ran into something and it's not moving. They say the coast guard just arrived."

Brother: "Don't panic. Just do what you are told to do and then you will be fine".

But there was no further communication after that.

One crew member, named as 22-year-old Park Ji-young, is said to have lost her life while struggling to make sure passengers on the upper floors of the ferry wore life jackets and found their way out.

"I repeatedly asked her why she did not first wear a life jacket. Park just said she would get out of the ship after making sure that all passengers were out," a survivor told local media.

"Park pushed shocked passengers toward the exit even when the water was up to her chest."

The Korea Herald reports that she joined the ferry company in 2012 to earn money to support her family. When her body arrived at hospital, the paper reports, her mother cried: "I can't believe you left us".

God rest their souls.

2Korea ferry disaster Empty Re: Korea ferry disaster Fri 18 Apr - 21:41

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It is the saddest thing, god bless them all.

3Korea ferry disaster Empty Re: Korea ferry disaster Fri 18 Apr - 22:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Heartbreaking stuff. Difficult to imagine what a family has to go through in moments like these. RIP.

4Korea ferry disaster Empty Re: Korea ferry disaster Sat 19 Apr - 0:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is heart breaking, god bless!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum