You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers News » Dougie Freedman hails impact of Liam Trotter at Bolton Wanderers

Dougie Freedman hails impact of Liam Trotter at Bolton Wanderers

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Dougie Freedman believes Liam Trotter was judged harshly by Wanderers’ fans on his arrival at the club.

The midfielder was targeted by the boo-boys soon after signing on loan from Millwall but has since started to win over some of his doubters.

Trotter – who is expected to make his move to the Whites a permanent one this summer – scored a stunning first goal for the club in the 3-1 win at Sheffield Wednesday.

It capped another encouraging display for the improving 24-year-old and, claims Freedman, was an answer to some of the critics who had rounded on him in the last month.

“It was fantastic for him,” said the Wanderers boss. “I can’t tell you how much quality the guy brings to the football club.

“Honestly, I feel like he’s had a bit of a harsh time from one or two of the fans, and undeservedly so.

“He’s come into the team and worked hard to try and gel.

“His role (against Wednesday) as a deep-lying midfielder, breaking from deep, was fantastic.

“I think on two or three occasions he did exactly what we needed and then to cap it all off he scored with a great technical volley that not a lot of people could have scored.”

Trotter seems to have found a niche in the side since Medo Kamara withdrew from action with a stomach complaint three weeks ago, following the win at Doncaster Rovers.

After initially struggling in an advanced role, the former Ipswich Town trainee has impressed breaking forward from a deeper position in front of the back four.

And it is a position that Freedman believes suits Trotter’s athletic style.

“The plan for Liam was to get him working from deep and linking up with Jay Spearing,” he said. “He has a pass in him, and he can break forward.

“Liam is someone at 24 years of age that can have a fantastic time at Bolton.”

Freedman also hinted that the system he has slowly introduced over the past season-and-a-half has met with some resistance from within the camp.

The manager has made much play in recent weeks of the steady evolution of his personnel – from the team that struggled so badly at the start of the campaign to the one that has once again finished strongly.

“I have got an idea how I want the game to be played and unfortunately I’ve been put in a position where some of the players either can’t play like that or don’t want to, so I’ve had to change things round,” he added.

Source

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
A 30 yard speculative shot on goal that went in does not make him a world beater.

He is shit. Proper shit.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
So he'll be another donkey strutting his stuff for us next year?

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He's improved marginally since he came here but is still a long way from impressing.
He just doesn't come across as being athletic enough for what we need.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Another case of a manager bigging up his shit signing.

I know he's shit, you know he's shit, Trotter probably knows he's shit - but the manager is going to pay this donkey £10k per week to ultimately sit on the bench with other shit players.

This is typical of Dougie. Bolton play shit for half a season, win two games and we've turned a corner. Trotter does fuck all for 8 games, flukes a goal and now he's a world beater.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
at least it will only be 10k a week instead of the usual 20-30k the current carthorses are being paid.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I only saw a few of his games but I wouldn't describe any of them as "shit," but of course bolton fans have to have their Matt Taylor, someone to slag off and moan and groan every time they give it away (ignore the other players who give it away 40 times a game though and are completely anonymous) entitled to their opinion of course, but i suspect there's an agenda at times.

I think careless and wanting too much time on the ball were the main negative things i took away, otherwise he makes some good tackles, is a bit of a pest in the middle, can hold a man off fairly well, obviously capable of moving with the ball. 

is he Paul Scholes, no, sadly i suspect many expect that as a minimum.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:I only saw a few of his games but I wouldn't describe any of them as "shit,"

Would you describe any of them good from your armchair in deepest Aberdeen?

What is the point of signing anyone who has played 10 games and done very little? Surely a signing in this situation should be made on hard evidence and not what he may or may not have done for Millwall?

Imagine if a friend recommended an Aberdeen hooker who would give you the ride of your life for £20 and a bag of brazil nuts. Say you had sex with this hooker on 10 occasions and every jump left you wondering if your brazil nuts couldn't have been put to better use.

Then let's say your friend says you can have exclusive use of this Aberdeen hooker for an investment of £500 and all the brazil nuts she can eat/fire out of her fanny.

Would you sign her up?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:I only saw a few of his games but I wouldn't describe any of them as "shit,"

Would you describe any of them good from your armchair in deepest Aberdeen?

What is the point of signing anyone who has played 10 games and done very little? Surely a signing in this situation should be made on hard evidence and not what he may or may not have done for Millwall?

Imagine if a friend recommended an Aberdeen hooker who would give you the ride of your life for £20 and a bag of brazil nuts. Say you had sex with this hooker on 10 occasions and every jump left you wondering if your brazil nuts couldn't have been put to better use.

Then let's say your friend says you can have exclusive use of this Aberdeen hooker for an investment of £500 and all the brazil nuts she can eat/fire out of her fanny.

Would you sign her up?

will have to end this conversation sadly, you'll understand why.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:

will have to end this conversation sadly, you'll understand why.

You're off to buy brazil nuts?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm under a gag order on certain topics. Sorry.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:I only saw a few of his games but I wouldn't describe any of them as "shit," but of course bolton fans have to have their Matt Taylor, someone to slag off

Matt Taylor was a decent player though. Still is.

MT had attributes that made him useful, set pieces and long range passes being the main 2.

Trotter has no good attributes, hes a genuinely shite player.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Like I said entitled to your opinion, disagree. 

Do i think he's brilliant, no. But is he "genuinely shite" no, not in my opinion.

It's been apparent for some time there's no area between "class" and "shit" for Bolton fans.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Hipster i don't understand why you come on here you seem to have a dislike for all things BWFC especially us fans.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't see how constantly defending players, the manager and the club from ridiculous hyperbole constitutes a "dislike" of something. 

the ire should probably be focussed on the fans who are declaring our own players "genuinely shite." that seems to be more of a dissenting opinion than mine.

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Dougie, the club or anyone ever claimed that Trotter is the mutz nutz and there's nothing in the article to suggest that it's anything more than a "well done" to the lad so I don't see why it's being made out to be controversial.
Underneath it all is the sentiment that Trotter hasn't done a great deal for us so far and therefore is an uninspiring signing.
It is however an affordable signing as was Danns. And both are English.
Whilst it is unrealistic to expect us to buy premiership quality players this summer, my disappointment is that in getting in early for these two Dougie doesn't appear to have fully explored all the options available within the budget.
I would have thought that it would be more prudent to scour the planet for better players on a free transfer or low compensation fee that would play for £10k a week first. 
If none were available, buying the likes of Trotter and Danns would be the fallback position so I don't understand the need to rush into it - there isn't exactly a huge queue of clubs looking to sign these guys.
I question the due diligence as it costs next to nothing to check out the alternatives before diving into a purchase like this.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't see how constantly defending players, the manager and the club from ridiculous hyperbole constitutes a "dislike" of something. 

the ire should probably be focussed on the fans who are declaring our own players "genuinely shite." that seems to be more of a dissenting opinion than mine.

As I've said a million times before, if you start shelling out £30 every fortnight you are welcome to defend these ponces you love so dearly.

Easy to defend shite players when you don't have to pay to watch the garbage they produce.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I would reply but as you know I'm unable too. 

Sorry.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:I would reply but as you know I'm unable too. 

Sorry.

Twice you've said that, I have no idea what you're getting at.

Guest


Guest
Why aren't you allowed to talk about prozzies and Brazil nuts, Hipster?

What on earth did you do?

(And can you PM me any pictures?)

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I was asked to leave the site by a mod if I discussed or brought up peoples attendance at games. 

Obviously I like posting so I'm trying to steer clear of that topic.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:I was asked to leave the site by a mod if I discussed or brought up peoples attendance at games. 

Obviously I like posting so I'm trying to steer clear of that topic.

They didn't mention brazil nuts though.

And I don't believe a mod really said that - they're a bunch of useless bellends on here.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Freedman lives in the fucking twilight zone, i'm more convinced than ever!!!!!!!!r

Tigermin


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Jesus Christ Freedman you utter tit,if Trotter is a sign of things to come we really are in deep shit.  affraid

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Another case of a manager bigging up his shit signing.

I know he's shit, you know he's shit, Trotter probably knows he's shit - but the manager is going to pay this donkey £10k per week to ultimately sit on the bench with other shit players.

This is typical of Dougie. Bolton play shit for half a season, win two games and we've turned a corner. Trotter does fuck all for 8 games, flukes a goal and now he's a world beater.
He's better than Josh Hine though!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Soul Kitchen wrote:
He's better than Josh Hine though!!

Ha ha, you're learning the player names already! Good on you SK! I'll save a seat on the minibus for you.

Guest


Guest
Did you not see the gaffer on Granada Reports, Nat?

He looked a right scruffy, gormless twat.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:I was asked to leave the site by a mod if I discussed or brought up peoples attendance at games. 

Obviously I like posting so I'm trying to steer clear of that topic.

I don't remember that and I certainly can't think why they would have said it.

Please consider whatever was said at the time is now time expired and please feel free to talk about whatever you wish to - just like the rest on here do.

Apologies if you feel that you have somehow been singled out for some reason or other - you nor anyone else on here should ever have been.

We try to treat everybody the same - and that includes mods, admin and founders alike.



Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Breadman wrote:Did you not see the gaffer on Granada Reports, Nat?

He looked a right scruffy, gormless twat.

I didn't see it. Did you video it?

And thanks for your fashion judgement, Gok.

Guest


Guest
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

I didn't see it. Did you video it?

And thanks for your fashion judgement, Gok.


Have you got a Betamax player?

PM me your address and I'll pop the cassette in the post.

Do you like Walnut Whips?

I bought a pack of three the other day and the wife doesn't want hers.

Shame to waste it, shall I send that too?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum