You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Subway adopts Sharia Law...

Subway adopts Sharia Law...

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:23

Biggie

Biggie
Admin
Sandwich chain Subway has defended changing the contents of some products in line with demands by Muslims for meat to comply with sharia law.

Sandwiches at 185 Subway outlets in Britain and Ireland no longer come with ham or bacon as the pig is regarded as unclean in Islam.

The pork has been replaced by turkey in a move the company hopes will avoid offending Muslim customers. Turkey is halal, or clean, to Muslims.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/subway-adopts-sharia-law-185-uk-outlets-halal-meats-only-policy-1446781

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:24

http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t7953-subway

Sorry......but you are trying to blow my head up, after all.......

3Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can understand now why people go around killing!

4Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:27

@karlypants wrote:I can understand now why people go around killing!

Pardon?

5Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:27

He said:

"I can understand now why people go around killing!"

You deaf....?

6Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:28

Biggie

Biggie
Admin
I think my opening post was a bit more meaty... I didn't realise this had already been done to death.

7Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:29

Yeah, we've already hung it up by its feet and slit its throat and left it to bleed to death.

In keeping with our stone-age belief system.......

8Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:35

Biggie

Biggie
Admin
Halal have to admit defeat on this one.

9Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:39

Never....... :uk:

10Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:43

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Been in a couple of times, shite. Now I have a real excuse to not bother. It's the same with some pizza takeaways, try and get a Hawaian Pizza with real ham. It's turkey ham they use so as not to soil their hands when touching pork!!
I defy anybody to have two rashers of bacon with some HP between two slices of toast and not enjoy!!!

11Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Soul Kitchen wrote:Been in a couple of times, shite. Now I have a real excuse to not bother. It's the same with some pizza takeaways, try and get a Hawaian Pizza with real ham. It's turkey ham they use so as not to soil their hands when touching pork!!
I defy anybody to have two rashers of bacon with some HP between two slices of toast and not enjoy!!!
I agree although has to be tomato on mine!  Razz

12Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:45

Biggie

Biggie
Admin
I can't think of any more puns.

Bleedin' hell.

13Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:48

You mustafa good think about it then.

14Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:48

Biggie

Biggie
Admin
Very Happy 

15Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 12:50

Come on, I bet you can think of loads more shi'ite puns, if you think about it......

16Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 13:52

Biggie

Biggie
Admin
It's a good thing they don't do sausage burqas at breakfast...

17Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 13:54

Biggie

Biggie
Admin
I wonder if this will affect their prophets in the long run...?

18Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 13:55

Biggie

Biggie
Admin
With that sauce it all tastes the Siyam anyway!

19Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 13:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A girl I know applied for a job in a Subway located in our local hospital. It was basically making butties. The job description was 'Sandwich Artist'. :facepalm:

20Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 14:00

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Evil bastards wanting animals killed in that way.

21Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 14:01

@boltonbonce wrote:A girl I know applied for a job in a Subway located in our local hospital. It was basically making butties. The job description was 'Sandwich Artist'. :facepalm:

Did anybody else see Secret Eaters on C4 last night (or is it just me that feels the need to watch it to get tips)?

They did a bit inside some poncey inter-web service type company in Manchester and they were all sat round on bean bags instead of chairs and they had a space invaders in the "communal re-charge area".

They were trying so hard to be Microsoft or Apple circa 1990, it was embarrassing to watch.

"Come and work with us, it's more like being down the pub with your mates than working!"

And the blokes all had stupid hair and them daft, three foot long pointy shoes that they all wear nowadays with their Matalan suits.

Twats!

22Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 14:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Soul Kitchen wrote:Been in a couple of times, shite. Now I have a real excuse to not bother. It's the same with some pizza takeaways, try and get a Hawaian Pizza with real ham. It's turkey ham they use so as not to soil their hands when touching pork!!

TWO rashers? TWO? You tight git

23Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 14:10

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@rammywhite wrote:

TWO rashers? TWO? You tight git

Must be careful, don't want to become anorexic!

24Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 14:25

Breadman wrote:He said:

You deaf....?

Who's he wanting to kill though? Subway for changing the ham? Muslims for making them? Or is it just a random killing spree out of sheer rage at this change?

I wanted clarification, not ridicule. How dare you.

25Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 14:41

bwfc1874 wrote:
Breadman wrote:He said:

You deaf....?

Who's he wanting to kill though? Subway for changing the ham? Muslims for making them? Or is it just a random killing spree out of sheer rage at this change?

I wanted clarification, not ridicule. How dare you.

Sorry, beg your pardon.....?

26Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 15:08

Let the man answer.

27Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 15:11

He can't.

He's currently running down Bradshawgate, wielding a machete and screaming obscenities in his underpants.

28Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 15:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
All the Bolton Subways have been Halal for a long time, as far as I know.

I've no problem with halal chicken. It's just the same animal, only killed differently. With bacon, ham and salami though, it's a different story.

I don't go to Subway as much as I used to. I just want to slap 90% of the workers (or sandwich artists if you prefer), especially at the salad counter where the best you usually get is a sprinkle of lettuce, two piddly slices of tomato/cucumber, a slice of green pepper and half a black olive.

29Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 15:52

@doffcocker wrote:I've no problem with halal chicken. It's just the same animal, only killed differently. With bacon, ham and salami though, it's a different story.

How does that work?

Are you a staunch advocate of slaughtering pigs humanely, but chickens can just go and get stamped on or beaten to death with a cricket bat?

That seems a bit chickenist to me.....

30Subway adopts Sharia Law... Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... on Thu May 01 2014, 17:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Breadman wrote:
@doffcocker wrote:I've no problem with halal chicken. It's just the same animal, only killed differently. With bacon, ham and salami though, it's a different story.

How does that work?

Are you a staunch advocate of slaughtering pigs humanely, but chickens can just go and get stamped on or beaten to death with a cricket bat?

That seems a bit chickenist to me.....

My understanding is that pig meat isn't used at all in Halal establishments, meaning if you order something that's normally pig meat based like ham, salami or bacon, you'll get something inferior instead.
They use turkey rashers instead of bacon, the ham is from a turkey, I don't know what they use for salami, but it's definitely different.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum