Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ten things you didn't know about Dorian Dervite

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

DORIAN Dervite tied up the loose end of his move from Charlton Athletic yesterday to become Dougie Freedman’s third signing of the summer.

It is expected the French defender will sign a three-year deal at the Reebok once his contract at The Valley expires.

But what can we expect from the former Tottenham and Villarreal B centre-half?

Here are 10 fantastic facts about the 25-year-old you might not know:

1 When Dervite pulls on a Wanderers shirt he will be the 18th Frenchman to represent the club. Can you name his compatriots to have played for the Whites? See the bottom of the story for the full list.

2 The defender’s full name is Dorian Dervite-Vaussoue, although it has been shortened to Dervite since he switched to England.

3 Tottenham paid £250,000 to Lille for Dervite’s services in 2006, with his signing announced days after the £10.9million capture of Dimitar Berbatov.

4 Tottenham’s then-sporting director Damien Comolli lauded the youngster on his arrival at White Hart Lane: “Dorian is a tall, strong defender with excellent technical skills. We believe he comes to us with enormous potential for the future.”

5 Dervite’s professional debut came in the Carling Cup, where he partnered Michael Dawson at centre-half in a 3-1 win over Port Vale. Spurs needed extra time to see off Vale, with Tom Huddlestone scoring twice and Jermain Defoe adding a late third.

6 Dervite spent four months on loan at Southend United in 2009 – playing alongside Dougie Freedman, who was in the last few months of his own playing career.

7 The Frenchman made a big impression at Roots Hall, and was voted runner-up in the club’s player-of-the-season awards behind defender Peter Clarke. Southend just missed out on the play-offs, finishing eighth that season, climbing from 15th on his arrival.

8 Dervite lined up for France Under-21s against England at Nottingham Forest’s City Ground in March 2009 on the same team as David Ngog. France won 2-0 on the day with Newcastle United’s Moussa Sissoko and his Magpies team-mate ex-Manchester United winger Gabriel Obertan on the scoresheet. David Wheater was in the England defence.

9 Wanderers’ new signing was given his first professional red card playing for Villarreal B in a 3-0 defeat against SD Huesca in May 2011. He was sent off twice in Spain and once in England, playing for Charlton in the FA Cup against Huddersfield Town.

10 Dervite is primarily known as a centre-half but also played on a handful of occasions last season as a holding midfielder.

QUIZ ANSWERS Pierre-Yves Andre, Nicolas Anelka, Ibrahim Ba, Vincent Candela, Gerald Cid, Martin Djaetou, Youri Djorkaeff, Mario Espatero, Michael Kapreilian, Fabrice Fernandes, Gael Kakuta, Florent Laville, Bernard Mendy, David Ngog, Bruno N’Gotty, Franck Passi, Sebastien Puygrenier.

Gerald Forschelet and Djibril Diawara also held French passports

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I really hope he turns out to be another hidden gem like Dawson.

Fingers crossed.

I was really positive reading that, right up until I read Gerald Cid's name at the bottom and got a cold shiver down my spine........

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:I really hope he turns out to be another hidden gem like Dawson.

Fingers crossed.

I was really positive reading that, right up until I read Gerald Cid's name at the bottom and got a cold shiver down my spine........

To be honest there were  few in that list of names that I could remember- and even fewer that I want to remember

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Might turn out to be a Gerald CID turd that just won't flush down the bogs at Bolton Bus Station and on entry you realise CID could have ment Skid and that's what's on the toilet pot when you entered.Brilliant hear comes my medication thanks Nurse!

White84 wrote:Might turn out to be a Gerald CID turd that just won't flush down the bogs at Bolton Bus Station and on entry you realise CID could have ment Skid and that's what's on the toilet pot when you entered.Brilliant hear comes my medication thanks Nurse!

Do you drink Special Brew and shout at pigeons?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:Might turn out to be a Gerald CID turd that just won't flush down the bogs at Bolton Bus Station

I demand someone translate. I read this as White84 tried to shove Gerald Cid's head down the toilet at a bus station.

Is that why C.I.D. got involved?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten MORE things about Dorian Dervite -

1. Dorian Dervite Vaussoue was born in the French city of Lille on July 25, 1988.

2. He began his affiliation with the game at the age of six when he started playing for local side La Madeleine.

3. The centre-half joined his hometown club Lille as an eleven year old, becoming a part of the Ligue 1 outfit’s youth system in 1999.

4. Dervite impressed in France and was soon on the move to England with Tottenham Hotspur offering him a place within their academy set-up before he secured his first professional contract soon after.

5. The Frenchman enjoyed a stint with Southend United in January 2009, making 18 appearances for the Shrimpers.

6. Following the conclusion of his deal at White Hart Lane, Dervite swapped the British Isles for Spain as he agreed terms with Villareal B.

7. After just two years however, Charlton Athletic lured the defender back to England where he has since made 75 appearances for the Addicks, scoring five goals in the process.

8. He notched his first ever professional goal against Leeds United in October 2012 and also scored against Wanderers in a 3-2 victory for Charlton during the 2012/13 campaign.

9. Alongside his club exploits, Dervite has also represented his country at every level from under-16 to under 21.

10. The 25-year-old also captained France on a number of occasions and has featured at both the U21 European Championships and the Toulon International Tournament.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum