Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season tickets

+5
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
largehat
aaron_bwfc
jayjay23
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Season tickets Empty Season tickets Wed Apr 11 2012, 23:17

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't know if this has been discussed already but...

The club have brought the early renewal deadline forward, supposedly after "listening to what the fans wanted"!

Really? We wanted to start paying for next season before this one is even over?

Oh. You mean you want us to put our necks on the line before relegation is official eh? Want us to put our money down now in case we are so pissed off at the end of the season after a humiliating 20th position we tell you to fook off!

2Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Apr 11 2012, 23:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Speaking of season tickets, who will be renewing next year regardless of what league we are in?

3Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Thu Apr 12 2012, 00:09

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

jayjay, isn't the earlier deadline because this is the first year of 10 DD instalments?

4Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Thu Apr 12 2012, 15:06

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah, so they say.
I think my reason is more accurate.

Why don't they run it from August to May. Or July to April?

5Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Thu Apr 12 2012, 15:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:jayjay, isn't the earlier deadline because this is the first year of 10 DD instalments?

From anyone else I'd think this commet was a joke.

6Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Thu Apr 12 2012, 15:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I won't be renewing.

7Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Thu Apr 12 2012, 15:09

I will, for another season in the PL.

8Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Thu Apr 12 2012, 15:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How fickle.

9Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Thu Apr 12 2012, 15:10

I love this site.

10Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Thu Apr 12 2012, 16:01

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:jayjay, isn't the earlier deadline because this is the first year of 10 DD instalments?

From anyone else I'd think this commet was a joke.

It's an Occum's Razor situation from me. No conspiracies, just the most simple explanation.

11Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Thu Apr 12 2012, 16:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

It's an Occum's Razor situation from me. No conspiracies, just the most simple explanation.

I actually admire your blind loyalty to BWFC.

You're like a husband who won't believe his wife is shagging the local drug dealer.

12Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Thu Apr 12 2012, 16:17

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

You're like a husband who won't believe his wife is shagging the local drug dealer.

The only blind loyalty I have is to common sense.

The club gives fans a new way to spread the cost of a season ticket and you choose to believe that months ago, it was all designed to con people into renewing when they otherwise wouldn't in the event of relegation.

If you're only willing to get a STH on the condition we're in the PL then, well, not exactly the most loyal fan are you?

13Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Thu Apr 12 2012, 16:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

The club gives fans a new way to spread the cost of a season ticket and you choose to believe that months ago, it was all designed to con people into renewing when they otherwise wouldn't in the event of relegation.

If you're only willing to get a STH on the condition we're in the PL then, well, not exactly the most loyal fan are you?

Ha ha, brilliant. The WUMmed has become the WUM.

14Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Thu Apr 12 2012, 22:41

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

largehat wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

Yes but the club don't only want loyal fans - they want as many as they can get, and they know that releasing the tickets post relegation will mean fewer sales, especially in the corporate and hospitality areas where companies want to entertain clients at a Premiership ground.

15Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Thu Apr 12 2012, 23:02

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've not had a season ticket this year, yet I've only missed 1 home game.

My mate's a STH plus lifeline member, he's managed to get me 2 free tickets + a couple of cheaper ones, lent me his ticket while he went on holiday, then there's been the special offers from the Club, it's only 15 quid for the Swansea game.

Not sure wether it's worth getting ST.

16Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Thu Apr 12 2012, 23:21

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

jayjay23 wrote:
Yes but the club don't only want loyal fans - they want as many as they can get, and they know that releasing the tickets post relegation will mean fewer sales, especially in the corporate and hospitality areas where companies want to entertain clients at a Premiership ground.

They're not forcing anyone to renew before our relegation fate is known though are they? The only deadline that has passed is for people taking up the 10 month payment option, which is new this year.

17Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Fri Apr 13 2012, 20:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be renewing even if we go down. No increase in ticket prices plus extra games in the Championship!

18Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Fri Apr 13 2012, 21:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

And proably a more varied, less predictable series of games, e.g us knowing there is vertually no chance against the top 4 or 6.

19Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Fri Apr 13 2012, 22:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:And proably a more varied, less predictable series of games, e.g us knowing there is vertually no chance against the top 14 or 16.

I've corrected your post for you Gloswhite.

20Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets Fri Apr 13 2012, 23:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have followed Bolton since the late seventies so I can say from experience that I have seen both sides of the coin. Yes it's great being in the Premier League watching us compete against the creme de la creme of the European elite. But it comes at a price. Expectations are low unless you have the backing of a billionaire with money to burn.

Top flight football is a cash cow and even then, there is no guarantee of success. Chelsea and City are two prime examples.

If we do go down to the Championship then I think we can certainly look forward to winning more games. The parachute payments from Sky will certainly come in handy. You have to cut your cloth accordingly and we have to accept the reality that we are not a big club in the scheme of things. We have got used to punching above our weight over the last ten years and we consider ourselves a bona fide Premiership club, which we are.

Ultimately, clubs ( and managers ) are judged on results. We have six games left to encourage season ticket holders to renew. It's now up to the team to repay the fans for their loyalty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum