Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Casey Kasem - RIP

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Casey Kasem - RIP Empty Casey Kasem - RIP Sun Jun 15 2014, 22:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Who?

I bet that's what most of those under 40 on here are thinking - but I bet you all know him - although it is as the presenter of America's top ten records that I remember him from years gone by.

Back in the old days you never heard any american music until months after it was released.  I never did quite know why but unless your local DJ had got his hands on some records brought over by some sailor or other (usually via the Liverpool docks) the first you ever heard of a somg was when someone like Cilla Black or indeed the Beatles, did a cover version!  But as you had no idea of the original, you also had no idea that the song was a cover - if you get what I mean.

The best you could do in those days was tune the radio into Luxumberg, or Caroline, or if the wind was blowing in the right direction an American Forces overseas radio broadcast from Germany, to hear, crackly, fading, remnants of wonderful music, whilst we were stuck with the Home Service, or the Light Service, playing Max Bygraves and Matt Monroe - lucky us!

All that changed when out of the blue Granada (I think?) started to show the American Top Ten show hosted by Kasem.

Wonderful stuff along with Soul Train which I guess was the 'black' music at the time - and which I prefered.

Anyway Kasem was my hero for that but he's probably your for being the voice of Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

RIP.

2Casey Kasem - RIP Empty Re: Casey Kasem - RIP Sun Jun 15 2014, 22:24

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.

That was him, wasn't it?

3Casey Kasem - RIP Empty Re: Casey Kasem - RIP Mon Jun 16 2014, 00:52

Where's Bonce's comment gone.....?

4Casey Kasem - RIP Empty Re: Casey Kasem - RIP Mon Jun 16 2014, 01:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He seems to have deleted it himself a couple of minutes after he posted it.

Never saw it myself.

5Casey Kasem - RIP Empty Re: Casey Kasem - RIP Mon Jun 16 2014, 10:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Casey Kasem epitomised the annoying plastic Yank.

6Casey Kasem - RIP Empty Re: Casey Kasem - RIP Mon Jun 16 2014, 13:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to watch Americas top 10 after having a skinful on a Saturday night, it was always on at about 2 in the morning, he always wore awful knitted jumpers and had jet black hair even though he must have been in his 60's by then  Very Happy. I remember soul train as well Sluffy

7Casey Kasem - RIP Empty Re: Casey Kasem - RIP Mon Jun 16 2014, 13:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deleted it. Noticed Sluffy had already mentioned my point. I could replace it with a Brucie song if anyone's game.

8Casey Kasem - RIP Empty Re: Casey Kasem - RIP Mon Jun 16 2014, 21:11

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

RIP  to the gut that made America's Top Ten  and of course the voice of Shaggy, from Scooby Doo!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6ppA38iP7I

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum