Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

As You Get Older.

+6
BoltonTillIDie
Banks of the Croal
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Mr Magoo
scottjames30
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1As You Get Older. Empty As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 20:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

your mind-set changes, things that you thought were important when you were 18 are no longer important at 25, things that bothered you at 25 is like water off a ducks back at 30, and do you not think your outlook in life changes as you age?

can anyone elaborate on this?

2As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 20:44

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I think you get less tolerant in general.

3As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 20:47

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:I think you get less tolerant in general.

Do you mean that you couldn't give a fuck more, in that sense?

4As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 20:58

When you're 18, you know fuck all and you've probably never been shafted by anyone yet.

As you get older, you learn what life's really all about, you get bummed left, right and centre and your tolerance levels plummet.

I pretty much hate everybody and everything now.

But I'm happy enough......

5As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 20:59

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No, I cannot be bothered with Bollock's, Dickhead's, and Greek yogurt.

6As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 21:01

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:No, I cannot be bothered with Bollock's, Dickhead's

Do you not have any mirrors in your house then Magoo?

7As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 21:02

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

no they are all cracked.

8As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 21:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't think why?

9As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 21:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely. I was born in the fifties and the pace of life seemed a lot slower back then. You were really posh if you owned a black and white TV.. Nearly everybody had jobs and most people smoked.

You were considered ambitious if you had a mortgage on your house and you had a car. As you get older and you have moved house several times you look at all the junk you have piled in the loft over the years and wonder why you ever bothered!

Watching the terrible events on TV everyday makes you world weary. I get fed up of listening to bullshit spouted daily by politicians, and the escalating conflict in the middle east makes me exceedingly concerned about the future. I'd happily pick up my musket to help the cause. I have had a wonderful life and if I died tomorrow I would have no real regrets. As you get older you tend to go to more and more funerals and it makes you acutely aware of your own mortality.

One of the few things I look forward to is football. It's been a constant source of pleasure and frustration for many a year. For me, following Wanderers is not the be all and end all but I've met some wonderful characters and fellow Wanderers fans over the years.

10As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 21:09

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's probably one of the few things that i'll never really get bored of.

Football.

11As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 21:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Reebok Trotter wrote:

Absolutely. I was born in the fifties and the pace of life seemed a lot slower back then. You were really posh if you owned a black and white TV.. Nearly everybody had jobs and most people smoked.

You were considered ambitious if you had a mortgage on your house and you had a car. As you get older and you have moved house several times you look at all the junk you have piled in the loft over the years and wonder why you ever bothered!

Watching the terrible events on TV everyday makes you world weary. I get fed up of listening to bullshit spouted daily by politicians, and the escalating conflict in the middle east makes me exceedingly  concerned about the future. I'd happily pick up my musket to help the cause. I have had a wonderful life and if I died tomorrow I would have no real regrets. As you get older you tend to go to more and more funerals and it makes you acutely aware of your own mortality.

One of the few things I look forward to is football. It's been a constant source of pleasure and frustration for many a year. For me, following Wanderers is not the be all and end all but I've met some wonderful characters and fellow Wanderers fans over the years.  

Same as RT, because I am no longer upset or outraged by so many atrocities, violence, and general mayhem. Terrible thing to say really, but anything seems to go nowadays if there's money or religion behind it. I feel life is so cheap now, that nobody really cares. Its all about survival in todays world.

12As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 22:02

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

gloswhite wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

Watching the terrible events on TV everyday makes you world weary. I get fed up of listening to bullshit spouted daily by politicians, and the escalating conflict in the middle east makes me exceedingly  concerned about the future. I'd happily pick up my musket to help the cause. I have had a wonderful life and if I died tomorrow I would have no real regrets. As you get older you tend to go to more and more funerals and it makes you acutely aware of your own mortality.

Same as RT, because I am no longer upset or outraged by so many atrocities, violence, and general mayhem. Terrible thing to say really, but anything seems to go nowadays if there's money or religion behind it. I feel life is so cheap now, that nobody really cares. Its all about survival in todays world.
I agree with you 2 old farts.

13As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 22:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Less of the fart!  Mad 

14As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 22:22

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I bet Glos struggles to keep them in at his age.  Very Happy

15As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 22:46

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree with the three old farts, nothing shocks you anymore.

Also never trust anyone in a suit with a smiley face  Very Happy

16As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 22:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As You Get Older. Article-0-007CF25B000004B0-272_306x259

17As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 22:52

So what are you lot saying?

This general state of disappointment / anger at how things in the world are so shit that I'm currently experiencing in my mid 40's will eventually wear off and I'll just accept that it's all a load of bollocks and stop getting annoyed about it?

At what point does that come?

18As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Sun Jun 22 2014, 23:01

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

In the morning.

19As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Mon Jun 23 2014, 00:01

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

When you are younger you want to talk to people more.Life is simpler living at your mothers no real responsibilities.As you get older you realise people are two faced.IMO the world is a worst place than when I was growing up.I was born in the 60's 66 to be exact.Thatcher fucked this country by privatising everything.Now it's all about profit. The Royal Mail sell off last month prime example.How many stock brokers rang you telling you you can double £100-000 overnight(maybe Whittam)LOL.I never lived in the 50's or knew much about the 60's but everyone had a job and wether I'm looking through rose tinted glasses nothing unless you are qualified.Ive told my kids get to Australia my sons training to be a plumber then go on to do his corgi.Britains on its arse.I see the same people stood outside certain pubs at 11am on a Saturday necking pints like they have done for the last 25 years.Same blokes in the bookies.You can't be arsed starting up conversations I enjoy my own company happy in my own grumpiness.

20As You Get Older. Empty Re: As You Get Older. Mon Jun 23 2014, 00:06

Oh, wow.....you're so right, white84!

It's like you've tapped into my consciousness somehow......

You're ace!

How's Katy Perry doing?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum