Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FAO Sluffy can you tell me what we get this year parachute payment

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This will be our 3 rd season in the Championship.As accounts are not my street what did we get when we went down.then season 1 would that be the first parachute payment at the end of the season,season 2 last season when did we receive it and how much.As this is our 3 rd season do we get it at the end.
Told you I'm clueless but my reckoning was we came down 2012 with Premier leauge money,? So when do we receive these payments don't they last for four years but half after 2 seasons.
If we are due money where the fuck is it? :dontgetit: 

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We get eight million per season for the next two seasons.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Can we not use some of it for signings FFS!

We have a debt of £160 million.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

As far as I'm aware parachute payments were introduced to off set some of the shock to clubs relegated from the Premier of the vast loss of income stream to what they now are now receieving from the Championship.

The money was intended to be used to help in the running of the clubs whos main expenditure is players wages.

It is not a windfall as such - unless the club is financially sound in the first place - which ours being in so much debt doesn't appear to be - and therefore unlikely to be used to fund additional new players.

On top of all that clubs are also subject to the Financial Fairplay Rules - which basically concentrates on clubs financial positions and penalises them if they go outside the guidelines - which basically curbs clubs spending.

I therefore don't think that we will be buying anybody with our parachute payments - but you never know I could be wrong.

Doubt it though.

Hope this (with Martin's help above) answers your question.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The debt £160 million is owed to the owner,therefore banks are not about to put our nuts through a mincer pardon the pun!
So albeit Eddie Davies isn't going to be splashing the cash such as Abromovich,debt wise this year our wage bill will have been slashed,Mears,Eagles,Knight,Petrov,eggnog (goal machine bar none)Owen Coyle 4 million on No good n Sordell 3.2 and your never gonna play.
Very worried that this club will have crowds of ten thousand on at the Macron if we don't get a good start.theres a John McGinley out there somewhere.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Eddie Davies is 63 could live another 25 years minimum.Then we have 20 years to pay it back.Ill be 93 by the time it's paid off.If I live that long.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum