Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tim Ream expects Bolton Wanderers to go into the new season on a high

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tim Ream is expecting Wanderers to start the new season on a high note and put the problems of the old one behind them.

The American defender was one of the few players to emerge with any great credit from a difficult 2013-14 campaign, which saw Dougie Freedman’s Whites finish 14th.

But he is confident the team can start with a clean slate and not dwell on the disappointments of the past.

Ream swept the board of player-of-the-season awards and was rewarded with a new three-year deal, which was officially completed last week after a work permit appeal.

Although Freedman is still searching for at least one new striker, his work in the transfer market has convinced Ream the squad is stronger going into the new season.

“It’s no secret that it was a terrible start and a disappointing season overall,” he said, reflecting on the last campaign and looking forward to a concerted push for promotion.

“With the core group we have and the guys they brought in, I don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t start the season on a higher note.

“I think everybody believes that [we can fight for promotion], but it’s not something we discuss.

“We’re not worrying about what happened last year or what could happen this year – you’ve got to stay in the moment.”

Ream was linked with a £4million move to Premier League West Brom shortly before the end of last season but insists he never considered a move away from his home in Bolton.

“To be completely honest, I didn’t even discuss what was out there with my agent,” the 26-year-old told MLSsoccer.com. “It was a matter of more security and being settled where we are.

“With the manager still here, there was no reason for me to look elsewhere.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum