Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So did Andy Robinson quit Bolton because of Freedman?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

It was perhaps discussed in another thread but I can't find it if it was...

Article from Manny Road...

“We have agreed to terminate Andy’s contract and he has returned south. He was homesick so it was the right thing for him,” explained  Dougie Freedman to the Bolton News.  There was also a terse statement on the BWFC official site.

Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Andy Robinson has left the club.

The young midfielder recently joined from Southampton on a free transfer following a loan spell last season.

But after failing to settle in the area the midfielder’s contract has now been cancelled.

Now the truth.

Robinson had failed to settle in the area to such an extent that he was three days away from signing for a property that he had secured for himself and his girlfriend who was moving from the South.

It was then he was approached by Freedman and informed that he would not feature in the manager’s plans for the coming season.    Robinson was aghast.   There were other options available to him prior to signing for Bolton and he had only agreed to put pen to paper on being given assurances that there would be at least the chance of first team football.

Whilst the senior players went off on tour, Robinson was sent to Lancaster University to train with the development squad.  He demanded a transfer, his contract was terminated and a covering story concocted for reasons that can only be speculated on.

Was this ever confirmed or denied?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It wouldn't surprise me if this was true, something certainly happened during pre season for him to want to leave to quickly.

When we have Pratley and Trotter in the side, i'd be pissed off aswell if I was him not to be involved with the first team.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking at the source of that I now know it wasn't because of Freedman.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Looking at the source of that I now know it wasn't because of Freedman.

Can you enlighten us ?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Looking at the source of that I now know it wasn't because of Freedman.

Can you enlighten us ?

The people behind the Manny Road blog are the same ones that have a large axe to grind about the running of the club, tried to take over the Bolton Wanderers Suppers Association for their own purposes and tried to sabotage our site before we had even started.

If they told me it was raining outside I'd go to the window and check for myself - that's how much I trust them.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it is the Thieving Magpie and his crew then I will file it under nonsense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum