Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crudeness

+4
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
largehat
doffcocker
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Crudeness Empty Crudeness Wed Apr 18 2012, 23:39

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was trainer shopping in Sports Direct last week and decided to ask one woman on duty if she thought this particular pair was suitable for running.
Her response, which I'm sure the entire shop heard went a bit like this..."No, because they're made out of leather which means your feet are going to sweat!"
I went red and nearly dropped my compilation of Slazenger t-shirts.

I get very embarrassed talking about personal hygiene matters, but have noticed that to most people I know, it isn't an issue whatsoever.

Do you have a habit of saying these things just like they are or do you also pull your face slightly at this sort of honesty?

2Crudeness Empty Re: Crudeness Thu Apr 19 2012, 00:06

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I appreciate that some people get embarrassed about personal hygiene matters.

I don't, it's just the mechanics of the human body.

But to get embarrassed about the prospect of a certain pair of trainers making your feet sweat if you buy them and go running in them, makes think this is a wind up! If your body gets hot, one of the things it does to cool itself down is to perspire. What could be remotely embarrassing in having that conversation in a sports shop?

3Crudeness Empty Re: Crudeness Thu Apr 19 2012, 02:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's not that I think the woman was unreasonable, I just felt embarrassed by the imagery of my sweaty feet she created for other customers.

4Crudeness Empty Re: Crudeness Thu Apr 19 2012, 03:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

OK I am convinced you're on a wind up now.

5Crudeness Empty Re: Crudeness Thu Apr 19 2012, 10:50

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Maybe its a feet thing. A few years ago when i was allowed out with my single days mates, when a tasty girl came in the pub it would be the usual remarks from the crew,the arse on that type of thing.One of the crew came out with id like to sniff her feet which kinda left us all stunned, then he went red and said no more. Later when on our own i asked him about it ,he said it was his thing from a kid and he needs it before he can perform. Different strokes i suppose,ive heard of weirder fetishes.

6Crudeness Empty Re: Crudeness Thu Apr 19 2012, 11:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I find sweaty feet a big turn-off. Mind you, my wife's sister knocked me out once. I was bloody furious. What sort of sick bitch puts chloroform on her knickers ?

7Crudeness Empty Re: Crudeness Thu Apr 19 2012, 11:18

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Laughing
Reebok Trotter wrote:I find sweaty feet a big turn-off. Mind you, my wife's sister knocked me out once. I was bloody furious. What sort of sick bitch puts chloroform on her knickers ?

8Crudeness Empty Re: Crudeness Thu Apr 19 2012, 12:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This sounds like a Nat thread.

I mean i would be embarrassed if she said "ewww you stink, you're sweaty!"

but what she actually said wouldn't really have phased me.

9Crudeness Empty Re: Crudeness Thu Apr 19 2012, 15:49

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It's a good thing you didn't ask about leather boxers.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10Crudeness Empty Re: Crudeness Thu Apr 19 2012, 17:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

or jock straps

11Crudeness Empty Re: Crudeness Thu Apr 19 2012, 23:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Everybody has words or topics that make them cringe.

Anything related to body odour usually has me pulling my face, even though body odour itself doesn't phase me. I just find it awkward when it comes up conversationally.

12Crudeness Empty Re: Crudeness Fri Apr 20 2012, 08:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get a life. If that's possible at the top end of Halliwell Rd.
We all sweat, shit, fart, belch, bleed and exchange bodily fluids and odours - it's because we have human bodies which is an inescapable fact.
Having 4 grown-up kids I can assure you that oversensitivity to body "issues" usually comes on at puberty and diminishes as people get older and more experienced. The Victorians would compartmentalise this stuff so if somebody let off a hideously stinky fart they would pretend nothing had happened. Teenage kids nowadays would be more inclined to curl up and die if anyone thought they were in any way less than superhuman - it's the price they have to pay for being exposed to the barrage of marketing stereotypes that are vaunted as being representative of real people.
In the real world, we all have more important things than other people's perception of us to worry about. And whatever happened to our human frailties being a source of humour in order to ameliorate any potential personal embarrassment? Balance is needed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum