Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Coyle

+3
bwfc71
karlypants
Sluffy
7 posters

Reply to topic

Who is the worst of these two?

Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Coyle Vote_lcap33% Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Coyle Vote_rcap 33% [ 6 ]
 Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Coyle Vote_lcap67% Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Coyle Vote_rcap 67% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Right as we enter the third and final round, the scores so far are -

Coyle - 35,
Megson - 27
Freedman - 24
Lee - 18

It's looking bad for Owen as he plays his final match against the 'least' bad manager in the voting so far, Sammy Lee.

He needs all the help (and votes against Lee) as he can get this time but will enough people view Lee as the worst manager between these two?

Every vote counts remember - Megson v Freedman up later!

So who did you vote for?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owen Coyle due to the fact Sammy Lee never really got a chance.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sammy Lee, s said before was a great assistant and, to be fair, should have only been a cover manager until a more permanent replacement was found.

He should never have been given the job, and what made it worse was that he was appointed less than 24 hours after Big Sam had resigned and left.

As for Owen Coyle - if the referee had allowed that goal then he would probably not be in this "contest" and would probably be classed as a saviour of the club.  After a season of record number of injuries, "star" players on long term sick and even  the unfortunate incident of a Bolton player "dying" on the pitch before being resuscitated 45 minutes later - I don't think any manager could have done any better, maybe worse but not better.

Therefore I honestly cannot vote for either.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Coyle.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it would have to be Coyle i'm afraid, a lovely man but a poor manager. I remember when he joined everyone was behind him and there was a real sense of optimism.
We started to play good football, he brought in good young loan players who are now superstars and got us to the FA cup semi-final.
That's when it all went wrong, we never recovered from the drubbing, we started to revert back to long ball and Coyle never had a plan b or have an idea on how to defend and under his watch we got relegated.
If Sammy Lee had been in charge longer it may be a different story but i can't really compare them equally.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:Owen Coyle due to the fact Sammy Lee never really got a chance.
Same here.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sammy Lee.

Coyle took over a demotivated side, brought the best out of a lot of players, and had us playing some
great football for a period of 6-12 months.

It's not a lot when you weigh up the cons as well, but what was Sammy Lee's talent?

I've had a think and I'd say the best thing he did here was sign Andy O'Brien.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum