Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lord Richard Attenborough has died

+5
Copper Dragon
Banks of the Croal
wanderlust
Sluffy
karlypants
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lord Richard Attenborough has died Empty Lord Richard Attenborough has died Sun Aug 24 2014, 23:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lord Richard Attenborough has died at lunchtime today, five days short of his 91st birthday!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You're not mistaking him for David Attenborough by any chance are you?

Dickie's not really done anything much for the last 30 years, so I'm a bit surprised you are even old enough to remember his work?

RIP though.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is the fat thespian from Jurassic Park as opposed to the superstar nature programme brother?

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Great actor, remember him mostly though latterly for making those long winded speeches at those award presentations.... seemed a true Gent.

RIP

No, It's deffo Sir Dickie.

He was bezzy mates with Bryan Forbes, whose daughter Emma is a Trotter.

(As revealed on kid's TV in the early 90's, so that's the circle squared as far as I'm concerned.)

I always liked him in that film about the navy In Which He Served, apparently during the war.

Less impressed with the dinosaurs, though.

RIP.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:You're not mistaking him for David Attenborough by any chance are you?

Dickie's not really done anything much for the last 30 years, so I'm a bit surprised you are even old enough to remember his work?

RIP though.

I did have to do a double take on his name when I saw it on the DM website to be honest, I didn't even knew he was related to his younger brother David either.

I do remember him from Jurassic Park (the first one) and Miracle on the 34th Street but nothing else apart from that.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You mean you've never seen him as the expert tunnel digger in that documentary film with Steve McQueen in it as well Karly?

Peace be with you Richard.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:You mean you've never seen him as the expert tunnel digger in that documentary film with Steve McQueen in it as well Karly?

Peace be with you Richard.
Actually yes I have seen that as well, I think everyone must have seen that with the countless repeats over the years on the telly.

Good film though!

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

10 Rillington Place, he played a good Part in that.

"You might feel a slight twinge"

10Lord Richard Attenborough has died Empty Re: Lord Richard Attenborough has died Mon Aug 25 2014, 05:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:10 Rillington Place, he played a good Part in that.

"You might feel a slight twinge"
Was great in that. Genuinely creepy. RIP.

11Lord Richard Attenborough has died Empty Re: Lord Richard Attenborough has died Mon Aug 25 2014, 10:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He got the lead in the film of Brighton Rock

12Lord Richard Attenborough has died Empty Re: Lord Richard Attenborough has died Mon Aug 25 2014, 10:27

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Very sad great actor R.I.P

13Lord Richard Attenborough has died Empty Re: Lord Richard Attenborough has died Mon Aug 25 2014, 10:28

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He is most famous for winning two Oscars for his great film Gandhi, but he is also remembered for directing Oh what a Lovely War and the magnificent Shadowlands, a real tear-jerker.

He was the original "Luvvie" of the theatre world, calling everyone "Darlling". He said that he met so many people he couldn't remember all their names so got into the habit of just addressing everybody as "darling".

14Lord Richard Attenborough has died Empty Re: Lord Richard Attenborough has died Mon Aug 25 2014, 20:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RIP. For some reason I always thought that he batted for the other side. Nevertheless, a great actor and humanitarian and one of Leicester's finest sons.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum