Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pressure mounts on Dougie!

+4
White84
Norpig
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 18:04

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Dougie Freedman urged fans to “get real” as pressure on his position intensified at the weekend.

A goalless draw against Sheffield Wednesday left Wanderers in the bottom three, without a league win this season, and served to exasperate the majority of supporters who now want to see change at the top.

Freedman remains defiant, insisting that his side can get out of the slump, and appears to have the support of the board, but some question whether his lack of support on the terraces has now left him in an untenable position.

The Scot continues to plead poverty, arguing that the club’s financial situation should make supporters re-address their expectations.

“There is no-one putting more pressure on me than myself right now,” he told The Bolton News.

“I am desperate to be top of the league but I’m a very realistic person and I know that the clubs up there are spending money that we simply don’t have. My job has been to balance the books and make sure we keep some spirit and some fight, and I think I have done that.

“We need to remember where we are right now, not where we used to be.”

The lack of any public clarification from chairman Phil Gartside or owner Eddie Davies makes it difficult to judge whether Freedman’s position is truly under threat.

What is clear to fans is that only Blackpool and Fulham lie below Wanderers in the table and that their side are one of only six clubs in the Football League who are yet to claim a win.

Speaking after Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Sheffield Wednesday, Freedman was certain that the elusive victory was just around the corner.

“We are going to win a game of football, it’s just when,” he said.

“We haven’t got a team that lies down any more. In the last 10 minutes of that game we had three or four players going in for 50-50 tackles and refusing to give up.

“We need a bit of luck to fall our way. We’ve had some freak accidents go against us.

“I’ve got to build a team that has got a spirit and will work for each other. Maybe that’s not to the fans’ liking sometimes, but it’s what we’ve got to have.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/bolton_wanderers/11472956.Pressure_on_Dougie_Freedman_mounts_from_terraces/?ref=mac

2Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 18:19

Cheers, Aaron.

I asked Karl to post this, this morning, but he was clearly too busy round the bins at the back of Bargain Booze to do it.

The manky little sod....... Very Happy

3Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 18:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

''GET REAL'' i wonder what he means?

4Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 18:59

“There is no-one putting more pressure on me than myself right now,” he told The Bolton News.

You got that right, Douglas.

Start picking a stable starting XI, stop dropping players who've performed well in the previous game and get the fuckers playing like a team.

It is your job, after all........

5Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 19:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

you know its getting to the end when managers start telling fans to get real and other similar comments.

6Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 19:46

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Freedman out Freedman out,.
He can cry all he wants about us getting real.Tell me Dougie why did you play one up front.
Have you got Alzheimer's as when Mason played up top on his own last year he scored 1 deflected goal v Doncaster. But in his 2 nd loan period he scored 6 I think when he played with Juke.
You picked the wrong formation time to go pal.

7Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 19:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Cheers, Aaron.

I asked Karl to post this, this morning, but he was clearly too busy round the bins at the back of Bargain Booze to do it.

The manky little sod....... Very Happy
Sorry Breadders, you must have posted the message just after I had gone out to paint. Smile

8Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 19:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He keeps banging on about luck and its doing my head in. You make your own luck in this world dougie you cunt. The fact is you've signed duds and insist on playing them in a system that requires players of the highest quality.

9Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 19:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone got a view on what the turnout might be tomorrow?
I know quite a few who can't be arsed going.

10Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 19:59

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tommorow he will get the message!

11Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Anyone got a view on what the turnout might be tomorrow?
I know quite a few who can't be arsed going.

I've heard it's going to be the lowest turnout for a league game in 15 years.

12Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:12

Oi, Bonce!

Where's them knockers gone?

13Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry Bread. My tennis elbow started playing up. Shocked

14Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:14

karlypants wrote:

Sorry Breadders, you must have posted the message just after I had gone out to paint. Smile

You started painting your victims now then?

Weird........

15Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Sorry Bread. My tennis elbow started playing up. Shocked
I was just going to say that I was going to have some "me time" later this evening as well!

Very disappointed! Evil or Very Mad

16Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:15

That's what your wrong hand's for.....

17Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
karlypants wrote:

You started painting your victims now then?

Weird........
I had shorts on today and my legs were covered in white as well, I got a bit sloppy...

18Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

That's what your wrong hand's for.....
You told me that it would drop off one day! Shocked

19Pressure mounts on Dougie! Empty Re: Pressure mounts on Dougie! Mon Sep 15 2014, 22:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

“We are going to win a game of football, it’s just when,” he said. 

“We haven’t got a team that lies down any more. In the last 10 minutes of that game we had three or four players going in for 50-50 tackles and refusing to give up.

1. State the fucking obvious why don't you - we will obviously one day win a game of football, it's not rocket science! 

2. Just 3 or 4 players going in for 50-50 tackles? Sorry but why were the whole team not doing this for 90mins? 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum