Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The ' Body in the bag ' case.

+5
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
Mr Magoo
Reebok Trotter
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty The ' Body in the bag ' case. Tue Apr 24 2012, 18:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The inquest is on at the moment. The suggestion is that MI6 and their ' dark arts ' were at work.

I have my thoughts but I wonder what others think about this rather bizarre case.

2The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Tue Apr 24 2012, 18:48

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

May be it was a game of hide & seek, that went very wrong.

3The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Tue Apr 24 2012, 18:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bizarre indeed!

The only sort of similar one I remember was that of Stephen Milligan -

Police kept the body in the house for five hours before removing it to Fulham mortuary for post-mortem examination last night.

One officer said: "The body was naked except for a pair of stockings and suspenders."

But he refused to comment on rumours the politician was also bound and gagged.

The forensic team emerged from the MP's house after three hours carrying a bag and some furniture, including two sections of beige cupboard doors and the top of a round pine table.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/8/newsid_2538000/2538165.stm

4The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Tue Apr 24 2012, 19:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember the Milligan case. He self asphyxiated. No-one else was involved and it was put down to a sex game that went wrong. He also had an orange in his mouth at the time of his death. He was a decent MP by all accounts.

Much has been made of Gareth Williams being an MI6 spy as if this could have some bearing on the cause of his death.. The police are saying they found DNA evidence on the outside of the rucksack that he suffocated in. No shit Sherlock. Unless Mr Williams was a member of some Muslim Brotherhood that makes rucksacks as a sideline, then I would expect them to find DNA. It was obviously made by sonmeone and it was obviously handled by someone in the shop were it was sold. The DNA could therefore belong to a totally innocent person who has never been in trouble with the police and is therefore not recorded on any DNA database.

Likewise, Gareth Williams was not Houdini and the police accept that it was virtually impossible for him to get in the bag and then lock it from the outside. Also, why was the bag/ rucksack in the bath ?

I reckon that someone forced him to get into the bag and then locked it knowing that he would suffocate.Who and why are the questions that have not been answered.

5The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Thu Apr 26 2012, 10:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New information has come to light that Mr Williams viewed websites on the subject of Claustrophilia ( getting pleasure from being in tight enclosed spaces ) I had never heard of the word before because I have always called it sex.

He also got himself into a pickle a few years earlier when he was lodging in Cheltenham where he tied himself to his bed and had to call for help.

I reckon it's an open and shut case. A tragic accident that went wrong.

6The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Thu Apr 26 2012, 11:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I tried to climb into my gym bag this morning. It's not as easy as it looks.

7The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Thu Apr 26 2012, 15:20

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:Claustrophilia ( getting pleasure from being in tight enclosed spaces ) I had never heard of the word before because I have always called it sex.

Thank you, RT. Laughing

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

8The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Thu Apr 26 2012, 21:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

RT, it would seem that way, until you look at the locking mechaniswm, and there was no way he could close the padlock from inside.

9The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Fri Apr 27 2012, 07:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:RT, it would seem that way, until you look at the locking mechaniswm, and there was no way he could close the padlock from inside.

That's what I thought. Why did MI6 not report him missing for nearly a week. Surely they have some sort of protocol for non attendance of staff?

10The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Fri Apr 27 2012, 11:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I suppose they have to take into account the person's activities, and bearing in mind that you don't want to raise their profile in any way. Although it does seem odd that it should be so long.The daily goings on of the rest of the staff wuld have something in place I should think

11The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Fri Apr 27 2012, 11:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is no way I could fail to turn up for work and get away with it!

12The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Fri Apr 27 2012, 11:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

and why aren't you there now, in the middle of the day ? Very Happy

13The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Fri Apr 27 2012, 12:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I work split shifts driving for a living. I am up at six every morning and I'm on the road for seven and back home at ten. I then go out at two thirty and get home at five thirty. I do a flat thirty hours a week and I don't work weekends so I can't complain.

14The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Fri Apr 27 2012, 12:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sounds ok to me. I wouldn't mind a job like that. I worked shifts for 28 years, but they were on a continual cycle which involved three different shifts, mornings, afternoons, and nights. Probably why my health has gone to rat shit.

15The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Fri Apr 27 2012, 22:40

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Quite clever stuffing him into a sports bag, I always use a suitcase.

16The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Sat Apr 28 2012, 10:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Turns out it must have taken a lot of effort to do it as well. Strange, but he must have been complicit in some of the actions, but certainly not the last one of locking the padlock.

17The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Sat Apr 28 2012, 17:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Quite clever stuffing him into a sports bag, I always use a suitcase.

Laughing

18The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Thu May 03 2012, 22:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Coroners verdict was unlawful killing. It makes it very interesting because the cops can now request DNA from all the MI6 operatives who had any involvement with poor Gareth on a day to day basis.

I've taken the liberty of phoning crimestoppers and given them the name of a suitable candidate experienced in this sort of thing.

The ' Body in the bag ' case. Qozuah

19The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Thu May 03 2012, 23:08

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I thought the Coroner's verdict was a narrative verdict.

The most interesting line from the inquest report was that he wouldn't have locked himself in the bag unassisted without taking a knife, as he was "a risk assessor".

Looking at all the evidence, my opinion is that he was murdered, and it was made to look like he killed himself. Whether MI6 either as on organisation, or individuals within MI6 were responsible, who knows, but I would guess that they were, based on how well the scene was cleansed for DNA, the attempts to make Gareth out to be a bondage and drag queen weirdo, and how long it took for him to be reporting missing by MI6.

The Coroner rightly says we will probably never know how Gareth died. I have no doubt whatsoever that there are government agencies in this country which in very exceptional circumstanes, bump people off.

20The ' Body in the bag ' case. Empty Re: The ' Body in the bag ' case. Fri May 04 2012, 18:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

LH, MI6 (aka the Secret Intellingence Service), may well bump people off, but they certainly wouldn't do it to their own, They would sack them, (no pun intended), or in this case, send him back to his parent organisation. In really bad cases they would probably incarcerate them for some years, probably until their effectiveness, or knowledge, is no longer useful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum