Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pep to quit Barca!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pep to quit Barca! Empty Pep to quit Barca! Thu Apr 26 2012, 21:28

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He has to have another job lined up surely?

Sky Sports sources understand that Pep Guardiola has told Barcelona he will leave the club at the end of the season.

The Barcelona boss has guided the Catalan giants to two UEFA Champions League titles in his four seasons with the club as well as a host of other trophies.

But the former Barca star's future has been a source of constant speculation for months and the 41-year-old is understood to have finally confirmed he intends to bring his time at the club to an end.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11833/7707249/Guardiola-to-quit-Barcelona

---------------

I wonder if we could bring him in here in case Coyle quits us for Barcelona in the summer? Very Happy

2Pep to quit Barca! Empty Re: Pep to quit Barca! Thu Apr 26 2012, 21:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's been mooted for a while that he wanted to have a break from football.

whether that actually happens is another question.

3Pep to quit Barca! Empty Re: Pep to quit Barca! Thu Apr 26 2012, 21:36

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It's strange, he only ever signed 1 year deals with barca for some reason.

You would think managing a team like that would keep you hungry for more for many years.

I reckon he may turn up at Chelsea.

4Pep to quit Barca! Empty Re: Pep to quit Barca! Thu Apr 26 2012, 21:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be surprised actually even Guilleme baligue said he wouldn't work in a Chelsea style environment.

but hey money talks so we'll see.

5Pep to quit Barca! Empty Re: Pep to quit Barca! Fri Apr 27 2012, 07:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's very odd. Surely leaving Barca would be a backward step ?

6Pep to quit Barca! Empty Re: Pep to quit Barca! Fri Apr 27 2012, 11:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

probably thinks he's been there, done that, and wants a fresh challenge. He might do reasonably well at the Reebok.. Shame he's leaving under such circumstances though.

7Pep to quit Barca! Empty Re: Pep to quit Barca! Fri Apr 27 2012, 11:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's been reported that Pepe wants a gap year away from football after winning 13 trophies in 4 years. What's the betting that Sven and the Vicar have alrady sent off their CV's in the post!

8Pep to quit Barca! Empty Re: Pep to quit Barca! Fri Apr 27 2012, 18:49

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Here's the new manager of Barca from next season:-

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/vilanova-confirmed-as-new-barca-coach

9Pep to quit Barca! Empty Re: Pep to quit Barca! Sat Apr 28 2012, 08:25

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't think Pep is as good a manager as people make out. I mean lets face it, someone like Roy Keane or even Carlton Palmer would manage to get that team winning week in week out.
For me, Pep never addressed the defence, he would play Mascherano as a centre back and player wide players as full backs such as Adriano, Maxwell and Bruno Alves is more of an attacking player than a defender. Barca were there to score quite simple goals past, especially set pieces if you managed to attack them. Also his signings such as Ibramhimovic for £40m plus Eto'o was crazy and players like Hleb who never played. When you think of Barca's best players they are all players who came through the ranks - Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Pedro, etc.
I think Pep has made a terrible error in leaving his job as Barca manager. Its like Rijkaard before him, he looked like an amazing manager as he won the league, champions league, etc - but he had amazing players at his disposal. Where is Rijkaard now? Saudi Arabia manager. I think Pep will get a very big job if he decides to go back into management but I think he'll be eventually found out to be nothing special.

10Pep to quit Barca! Empty Re: Pep to quit Barca! Sat Apr 28 2012, 10:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Lot of truth there. Probably find his forte was his man-management skills, and with a highly motivated team like Barca, its more of a tweak here and there, rather than a roll your sleeves up approach. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

11Pep to quit Barca! Empty Re: Pep to quit Barca! Sun Apr 29 2012, 19:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd love it if they signed Gary Megson! Laughing He would teach them a thing or two about shoring up the defence.

12Pep to quit Barca! Empty Re: Pep to quit Barca! Sun Apr 29 2012, 19:56

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

''We were below Real Madrid before I arrived, ok we are now behind every other team in la Liga but I feel we are making progress''

''I don't know what the fans expect, we are not Real madrid''

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum