Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you like to see your team lose...

+6
Banks of the Croal
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If it meant that a club you disliked was relegated?

The reason I ask is that some West Brom fans on another channel would gladly see them lose to Bolton if it helped get Villa relegated.

I personally could not even if it was Bolton Haters pretend mob, it isn't why I signed up to the Claret and Blue.

What about thee?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:If it meant that a club you disliked was relegated?

The reason I ask is that some West Brom fans on another channel would gladly see them lose to Bolton if it helped get Villa relegated.

I personally could not even if it was Bolton Haters pretend mob, it isn't why I signed up to the Claret and Blue.

What about thee?

Definitely. If we were safe and a last day defeat could relegate Blackburn I'd be all for throwing the game. I really hope the WBA players feel the same.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No way. You play every game to win. Now if our team losing meant Utd would be relegated....

I might just be tempted to change my mind.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't really be arsed to be honest.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I wouldn't really be arsed to be honest.

Do you feel passionate about anything?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No, I couldn't - I've seen them lose way too many times over the years to actually want to see them lose another.

I couldn't subscribe to the then thinking that if we lost enough games then Megson would go and similarly I rather Bolton win and keep Coyle for another season than lose and see him go.

The club is just too deep rooted within me I guess - like many other supporters you stick with your club through thick and thin no matter what.

Hope West Brom do let us win though!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I wouldn't really be arsed to be honest.

Do you feel passionate about anything?

Yep.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If i ever ever wanted us to lose, i'd smack mi self in't face with a wet Kipper.

No.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think this is hypothetical scenario falls under the category of being less bothered about losing, rather than not bothered at all.

I remember when Stoke came to Burnden in about 1992. They were hoping to seal the title (3rd tier). Port Vale were in the other automatic promotion slot and we were third. Stoke fans packed the embankment. They wanted their team to win. But then when they lost, and we overtook Port Vale, they weren't actually too bothered. There was lots of swapping of shirts and scarves between Wanderers and Stoke fans that day.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This thread sums up modern day football perfectly. There used to be rivalry, sometimes you were more bothered about Rovers/United/Wolves etc losing than Bolton actually winning.

No one really cares anymore.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If our destiny was already confirmed and we needed to lose for a team managed by Gary Megson to not succeed in achieving their goals, absolutely!

It's probably also worth bringing up the cruel to be kind concept. BWFC was a corpse of a football club in the Gary Megson days! Losing matches was the only thing that could ever bring about a change. I virtually stopped caring about the club in the Megson days and there were times when I wanted us to lose in hope that we might get our club back because of it. OK, I've never turned up to a football match and cheered the opposition on but I've hoped inside that we'd lose. Winning can be a curse in disguise!
If it's any consolation, go on any Nottingham Forest board, you'll find tonnes of them openly admitting to feeling the same!

This is definitely one of those sensitive issues as far as football fans that like to be considered proper football supporters are concerned!

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Maybe it's a bit of an age thing as well.

In the early 70's Burnley were at PNE the last game of the season and a draw would see Burnley promoted and PNE stay up. Yes it did end up a draw (it was played out as one) and everyone was happy.

I doubt that would happen nowadays with all the hate.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I blame the younger generation of football fans. They get blinkered and seem to hate rival teams for no apparent reason.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:No way. You play every game to win. Now if our team losing meant Utd would be relegated....

I might just be tempted to change my mind.
Not tempted id be willing them to lose Twisted Evil

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

No, if we play, we play to win, end of.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum