Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon is a winner, says Andy Lonergan

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers keeper Andy Lonergan has said manager Neil Lennon's winning mentality has improved the team.

Lennon, 43, took over in October after Dougie Freedman was sacked and has guided the club out of the Championship relegation zone into 21st place.

The former Celtic manager has taken 13 points in his seven games in charge.

"If you get too relaxed with the gaffer here he just won't allow it. He's a winner and he's trying to get that through to the players," Lonergan said.

The Wanderers have won three of their last five games and the former Preston and Leeds keeper said it was on the training ground where the difference had been made.

"We're playing football, simple as," Lonergan, 31, told BBC Radio Manchester. "We don't worry about the opposition, we don't play against manikins.

"On a Friday we do seven minutes of a one-touch game and when he first came, it was terrible.

"Now we're popping it about, scoring goals and it's a pleasure to watch."

Lonergan, who mainly appeared as a substitute during Freedman's tenure, has started every game under Lennon and said he wanted to reward the manager's faith.

"I pretty much got told I could have a free transfer before the gaffer came in, so things have changed and I'm happy," he added.

"I just want to keep playing and keep contributing to the team.

"I liked Dougie, and he did have his positives, but it just wasn't working for whatever reason.

"But this at the moment is a fantastic place to come in, the gaffer, as hard as he is, he's the first one to praise you if you do well."

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon is a winner....

Blackpool 1-1 Bolton

Lonergan is a liar.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds like the usual 'media coached' bollocks to me.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Lennon is a winner. The team? Not so much.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum