Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Belgium, anyone familiar?

+5
Copper Dragon
boltonbonce
karlypants
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 09:30

working here for today but nearly finished and my flight isn't until 5pm but will be at the airport for 12ish (brussells) .

Does anyone know if there is anything to do, maybe a shopping bit i can walk round a bit near the airport?

2Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 09:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only ever been to Ostend. I know cigars are cheap in Belgium so you might want to buy some as Christmas presents.

3Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 09:58

The Musical Instruments Museum's supposed to be pretty good.

And there's a bar on the roof.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g188644-d196136-Reviews-MIM_Musical_Instruments_Museum-Brussels.html

4Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brussels has a red light district! I went when i was about 17-18 and our hotel was slap bang in the middle of it Very Happy

Last edited by Norpig on Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!)

5Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I never thought I would see the day on here where people would be recommending a quick half hour with a prozzie! Very Happy

6Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If your hotel subscribes to the shuttle bus service it will take you straight to the Herge Museum.
I'm a huge Tintin fan so I'm probably biased,but you might give it a go if you're so inclined.

7Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I never thought I would see the day on here where people would be recommending a quick half hour with a prozzie! Very Happy

i didn't actually partake myself when i went, i wan't to make that clear! I still have an image in my mind of a lady in a window who must have been in her 50's and doing her knitting while waiting for her next customer!

8Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:23

So thus far, our recommendations of things for Johnny to do, as he kills time in Brussels, seat of the European Parliament and one of the oldest cities in Europe with heritage, culture and architecture to match, consist of the following:

Buy (posh) fags, drink beer, find a prostitute and go and look at some comics.

We should compile a Nuts travel guide - it'd sell loads.

9Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He could do all of those things in a few hours. Herge museum is a great trip,leave it to the last.
Belgium, anyone familiar? Museeherge00

10Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:So thus far, our recommendations of things for Johnny to do, as he kills time in Brussels, seat of the European Parliament and one of the oldest cities in Europe with heritage, culture and architecture to match, consist of the following:

Buy (posh) fags, drink beer, find a prostitute and go and look at some comics.

We should compile a Nuts travel guide - it'd sell loads.

isn't that what all blokes do on these city breaks?

11Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:45

Very Happy

12Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:48

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

16 of us from Eindhoven once went on the swill in Brussels for a weekend, so I can't help you either. Very Happy

Other than having mayonnaise on your chips and drinking strong beer, what else is there to do in Belgium?   Very Happy

13Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:52

I thought you were from Burnley?

14Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:56

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I am.

I lived and worked near Eindhoven for 7 years.

The 16 were all British who were living and working in the same area.

15Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 14:00

Ah, I see.

Is Eindhoven as grim as everybody says it is?

16Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 14:07

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's not the greatest city on the planet (even in Holland) but the night life is pretty good if you're into all that.

I'm not a big fan of large cities (too many folk about) and Eindhoven is just about the right size.

17Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 14:21

My mate described it as "Middlesbrough but with slightly less inbreds and better ale."

Can't be worse than Blackburn.......

18Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 14:27

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's one of the most boring airports in Europe. Buy a decent novel and sit somewhere and read it.

19Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 14:44

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Are there any exciting ones Rammy?

I find airports absolutely depressing.

20Belgium, anyone familiar? Empty Re: Belgium, anyone familiar? Tue Dec 02 2014, 15:04

rammywhite wrote:It's one of the most boring airports in Europe. Buy a decent novel and sit somewhere and read it.

I liked the fact that the railway station is right underneath the airport, ie no fannying about with cases on buses or taxis.

I like Belgium and am hoping to spend Christmas in Bruges.

It'll be "like a fucking fairy-tale."

(Ten points for the first one to spot the film reference.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum