Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slowly re-discovering my passion for bolton

+4
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
Michael Bolton
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I know I am a shit fan, even when I was always interested in Bolton I was a shit fan.
But in recent years (since Big Sam left) I have felt no enjoyment or passion for Bolton. Sammy Lee was irritating, Mugson was annoying, Owen Coyle was frustrating as I liked him as a person but he was shit.
One thing I will say about gartside is that ever since Mugson is that he tried to get the most promising young managers and I too felt they were excellent young managers but sadly they weren't.
Lennon was an unreal appointment , how the heck did 'we' get him?
Now we are winning and have a manager who looks half decent I am starting to show an interest again.
Lennon looks like he could be the real deal.
Come on Bolton !

Hahahaha. Fuck off back to chelsea you suitcase obsessed bellend

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ffs, the good times must be back, they're crawling out of the woodwork!!Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I know I am a shit fan, even when I was always interested in Bolton I was a shit fan.
But in recent years (since Big Sam left) I have felt no enjoyment or passion for Bolton. Sammy Lee was irritating, Mugson was annoying, Owen Coyle was frustrating as I liked him as a person but he was shit.
One thing I will say about gartside is that ever since Mugson is that he tried to get the most promising young managers and I too felt they were excellent young managers but sadly they weren't.
Lennon was an unreal appointment , how the heck did 'we' get him?
Now we are winning and have a manager who looks half decent I am starting to show an interest again.
Lennon looks like he could be the real deal.
Come on Bolton !

Are you out for good or just day release?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

y2johnny wrote:Hahahaha. Fuck off back to chelsea you suitcase obsessed bellend
Funniest thing I've read all week!  What a Face

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Thanks keegs. The only one who winds me up on here is him. Like the time he threatened to knock me out so i gave him my address and then i got a grovelling pm off him. Hes disappeared pretty quick again.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just a wild guess, but is the rediscovered passion in anyway related to the fact we've started winning again?

Where's Mich Caine?

Is he dead?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Where's Mich Caine?

Is he dead?
 he's in a suitcase with AD and Scott  Very Happy

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Come now, Johnny - stop scaring away the posters.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Me.......im the one he wanted to put in a suitcase. Good luck finding one big enough i say Wink

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I realise this might be a bit unpopular but I kind of understand where Michael is coming from. A few years ago, round my 40th birthday I lost a lot of interest in football altogether not just us. I don't know why it happened, it just struck me that there were other and more important things to worry about. It lasted about a year and during that time going to games was a chore, something i did for my son rather than because I enjoyed the game. I got disillusioned with it all, most especially the fact players were on obscene money even if they were rubbish and with the fact the FA fell all over itself pandering to Sky and sponsors and didn't give a toss about fans at all or even football outside the Premier League and National Team. 

It took me a while to really rediscover my love of the game and the club and oddly enough it happened when i stopped going to games and refused to renew my season ticket while Megson was still at the helm. I don't go to every game home and away like I did when I was younger, in fact I often can't get to a match because of work commitments but I have rekindled my enthusiasm and love for all things BWFC. Even if that sometimes means criticising the club fiercely. 

I don't know if I'll ever go back to being at every match, perhaps when I retire and have the time I'll do it then assuming I can afford to but I definitely have my passion for the club and game back.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I realise this might be a bit unpopular but I kind of understand where Michael is coming from. A few years ago, round my 40th birthday I lost a lot of interest in football altogether not just us. I don't know why it happened, it just struck me that there were other and more important things to worry about. It lasted about a year and during that time going to games was a chore, something i did for my son rather than because I enjoyed the game. I got disillusioned with it all, most especially the fact players were on obscene money even if they were rubbish and with the fact the FA fell all over itself pandering to Sky and sponsors and didn't give a toss about fans at all or even football outside the Premier League and National Team. 

It took me a while to really rediscover my love of the game and the club and oddly enough it happened when i stopped going to games and refused to renew my season ticket while Megson was still at the helm. I don't go to every game home and away like I did when I was younger, in fact I often can't get to a match because of work commitments but I have rekindled my enthusiasm and love for all things BWFC. Even if that sometimes means criticising the club fiercely. 

I don't know if I'll ever go back to being at every match, perhaps when I retire and have the time I'll do it then assuming I can afford to but I definitely have my passion for the club and game back.

The difference Peter is that you are a genuine supporter whereas MB is a WUM. He can be quite funny at times but he is still a WUM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum