Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon - Proof of how important the right manager is!

+9
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
Bwfc1958
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
Keegan
Michael Bolton
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I see Lennon's results so far more like proof how important it is to have great defensive organisation as a foundation for a team and proof of the value of not putting unrealistic expectations on the manager and players as there is no doubt it affects them.

Not quite sure your argument stands up when Lennon publically said he had an eye on the play-offs before he'd even overseen one match.
You always aim higher than your expectations in order to achieve what you expect!
Simple management philosophy really, I'm surprised that one passed you by!?!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is getting silly. A lot of people sang Freedman's praises ten games in, Coyles (I was one of them) and Megsons. It's too early. Or have we all forgotten the last day fracas against Blackpool? Before the match I saw posts on other forums where it was all about who we'd get in the playoffs and wasn't it great that we were going back up first time of asking?  :facepalm:

I've already said I', waiting till NL has 20 games under his belt because that will give us a more accurate read on where we're really at. I think he's a good manager based on his Celtic record especially his CL record but we've yet to see how he reacts when things are down. I for one can't help wondering how he's going to deal with the absence of CYL. 

Don't get me wrong; I'm as impressed with the start as anyone but that's all it is, a start and over the last few years we've had too many false dawns for me to get giddy and say we're about to conquer the world. 

I'm also too old to forget that this club has been in far worse ON field positions but the OFF field position worries me hugely (the talk of a possible take over is still just that talk.) Right now we're in debt to the tune of 160 MILLION pounds plus. 

Overall there's a little room for optimism but this talk of play offs and momentum is premature and more than a bit silly especially given that we had this same feeling in the not so distant past and look where that got us. Please guys, let's all enjoy what's happening now but not get carried away.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I agree all this play off talk is a bit premature so I've booked my hotel just in case.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:This is getting silly. A lot of people sang Freedman's praises ten games in, Coyles (I was one of them) and Megsons. It's too early. Or have we all forgotten the last day fracas against Blackpool? Before the match I saw posts on other forums where it was all about who we'd get in the playoffs and wasn't it great that we were going back up first time of asking?  :facepalm:

I've already said I', waiting till NL has 20 games under his belt because that will give us a more accurate read on where we're really at. I think he's a good manager based on his Celtic record especially his CL record but we've yet to see how he reacts when things are down. I for one can't help wondering how he's going to deal with the absence of CYL. 

Don't get me wrong; I'm as impressed with the start as anyone but that's all it is, a start and over the last few years we've had too many false dawns for me to get giddy and say we're about to conquer the world. 

I'm also too old to forget that this club has been in far worse ON field positions but the OFF field position worries me hugely (the talk of a possible take over is still just that talk.) Right now we're in debt to the tune of 160 MILLION pounds plus. 

Overall there's a little room for optimism but this talk of play offs and momentum is premature and more than a bit silly especially given that we had this same feeling in the not so distant past and look where that got us. Please guys, let's all enjoy what's happening now but not get carried away.

I think I speak for everyone when I say thank God we're not spending Christmas at LPP's house.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I think I speak for everyone when I say thank God we're not spending Christmas at LPP's house.
Nat please don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled with the way things are going on the pitch right now but I just think there's been two false dawns in the last five years at this club. I really hope we will continue like this to the end of the season and would love to see us in the top six in May but I don't want to count unhatched chickens. 

If we're still climbing the table at the end of January then I'll be just as on board with the play off talk as anyone on here but we have a tough month ahead and without CYL we lack that spark he's brought for the last two months. 

I'd hope to see some strengthening in depth in January, particularly in the strikers ranks but the debt figures mean we might not be able to afford it. Overall I think Neil's a fine manager and will get the best out of whatever personnel he has but I fear that we just lack the quality up front to call ourselves contenders yet. That may change in January of course but unless it does I think a top half finish would be a good result given where we were when Neil came in. 

After all we were below derby you know. Smile

Anyway, I think we're going in the right direction and if Neil can get us into promotion contention next season he'll have done a great job. I just think it's a bit much to expect this term. I don't want us to get all fired up like we were in DF's early days only to see him chuck it away against Blackpool. I doubt Neil would do that but I think 11 games is not enough to truly judge where we are.

Merry Christmas.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I see Lennon's results so far more like proof how important it is to have great defensive organisation as a foundation for a team and proof of the value of not putting unrealistic expectations on the manager and players as there is no doubt it affects them.

Not quite sure your argument stands up when Lennon publically said he had an eye on the play-offs before he'd even overseen one match.
So you're saying that fans believe Lennon's publicity statements? And expect us to reach the playoffs?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum