Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A sad day for the Wanderers.

+9
bwfc71
doffcocker
xmiles
Keegan
gloswhite
Sluffy
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 15:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to say that my patience has run out with Coyle after yesterdays uninspiring performance.

A really good crowd with the Baggies taking their full allocation meant the stage was set for us at last to raise our game for the last home game of the season.

I have no problem with the Knight substitution because Wheater was injured but apart from that wtf was Coyle playing at ?

At 2-0 up why didn't we revert to 4-5-1 ? He keeps Kevin Davies on for the full ninety minutes when it was obvious Davies was knackered. Bringing off Petrov and Ngog was an unmitigated disaster. Why bring on Chung Young Lee ( who has been injured for months ) for the biggest game of our season ? And Klasnic ? Jesus Christ what was Coyle thinking of ?

He should have brought Davies off and left Ngog on and instead brought Vela in to shore up the midfield. We needed fresh legs to help out Mark Davies and NRC.

2-0 up and we concede 2 with fifteen minutes to go! If we can't see out a game in our backyard at 2-0 then we don't deserve to stay in the Premiership.

Normally, the players do a lap of honour at the end of the last home match of the season but yesterday it was a walk of shame. The fans could'nt wait to get out of the stadium. Absolute shite!

The remarkable thing is that we still have a chance of survival if we can beat Stoke.

If we do go into the Championship then it is our own fault. On the plus side we have a few local derbies to look forward to with Blackburn and Burnley, plus away trips to Sheffield Wednesday, Forest, Leicester, Cardiff and Leeds.

2A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 15:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't argue with any of that RT.

I really dislike the way he uses Mark Davies, the emergence of Vela would be a great opportunity to throw him into a 5 man mid and allow Mark Davies to loiter up front.

The LCY sub was baffling, even including him was baffling. He's not match fit, he's played 70 minutes football in a almost a year... the only thing i can think of (which is mental) is that he wanted to give the "crowd a lift." It worked but unfortunately we drew.

3A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 16:13

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We're just cursed this season. Whatever happens now I'll just be glad when it's over.

4A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 16:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Petrov had a good game yesterday. He jumped at the chance to take the penalty and buried it with confidence. You could see he was up for the game and was our best player on the pitch. Coyle then subs him! How does that work ?

I really am baffled. Our defending is too amateurish for a Premier League side.

5A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 16:43

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Petrov was injured, according to Coyle.

6A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 16:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not cursed, just ill prepared and abysmally managed.

The thing I don't get is the vast majority of the fans know what needs to be done at certain points in certain games - we've all lived through hundreds of similar games to know what to do.

As soon as we went two nil up against a team with nothing but league position to play for you take one of the strikers off and bring on a midfielder, to crowd out the midfield and stifle their attacking threat.

It's not rocket science, every manager in the world would do it - except ours!

What was to be gained by leaving two strikers on - it didn't really matter if we went on to win 3-0 or 4-0, it won't effect our goal difference enough to matter - what was important was the three points.

West Brom had shown they were a threat through out the match, all the more reason to close the game down in midfield and have a fast forward on the pitch for a quick counter attack or to harry their defenders if they had the ball. Ngog and probably Sordell would have been perfect for that - Coyle ended up with a knackered Davies and a goal mouth predator in Klasnic - he ended up with the wrong players in positions that were not needed.

I could see some reason to bring Klasnic on at 1-0 but as soon as we scored the second he should have pulled Davies off and put Vela on.

Unless Petrov was injured at the time I have no idea what Coyle was aiming to achieve by replacing him with Lee. Anybody think Lee will start in our final game - no, me neither - so why bring him on yesterday?

Coyle as proved time without number now that he lacks a tactical brain - I simply don't understand why people think he will get any better next season - you either have or have not got an instinct for the game, Coyle simply hasn't.

I'm on record for criticising Coyle in this regard for over two seasons and he hasn't shown any signs of improvement over that time - non at all.

7A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 16:54

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Not cursed, just ill prepared and abysmally managed.

I'm referring to our catalogue of injuries, illnesses, one of our players having a cardiac arrest on the pitch, even yesterday down to the bare bones our best centre back had to come off at half time due to injury, followed by our best player on the day.

But I forget, you don't even think Holden and Lee are important players, so no wonder you blame everything on Coyle.

8A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 16:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm resigned to the fact that if we reatain Coyle for next season, regardless of where we play, we will struggle. Each division has its own challenges, and if this season is anything to go by, Coyle doesn't seem able to fornulate any sort of structured approach.

9A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 17:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

largehat wrote:

I'm referring to our catalogue of injuries, illnesses, one of our players having a cardiac arrest on the pitch, even yesterday down to the bare bones our best centre back had to come off at half time due to injury, followed by our best player on the day.

But I forget, you don't even think Holden and Lee are important players, so no wonder you blame everything on Coyle.

Every team as long term injuries - in fact name me one that hasn't!

Coyle knew before a ball had been kicked this season that Holden and Lee were out for most if not all of the season - he got Eagles / Ryo to fill in for Lee but what exactly did he do to fill in for Holden?

In the January transfer window he blew his wad on a striker he doesn't play - that's how much Coyle felt the importance of getting someone to do the Holden role for the team!

For what it is worth in my opinion our best centre back was still on the pitch when Wheater had to go off - but he was playing at left back because the player Coyle bought to play there (who was on the subs bench) is too shite to play in the team!

Who bought him, who named him as sub, who declined to bring him on - yes, that's right, the manager, Owen Coyle.

When Petrov had to come off, what was the point of bringing Lee on when we needed to protect our lead?

Vela was the right move, I think most people, even you would accept that but not Owen Coyle of course.

If you don't like my views - which lets be honest are these days shared by many other folk as well, then please feel free to just 'ignore me' by using the facility this forum provides.

Thank you.

10A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 17:44

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Uh oh... Sluffy said "Thank you."

RUN!!

Very Happy

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

11A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 17:51

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I'm with Sluffy on this. Even by Coyle's standards the substitution of Petrov for Lee was bizarre. Why not bring on Vela? Coyle is the single biggest reason we are going to be relegated.

And why buy Sordell? Pity we didn't re-sign Vaz Te who has scored again today. Mind you if he had, he probably wouldn't have played him either but at least it would have saved a bit of money.

Coyle out!

12A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 18:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think this side managed by Coyle would have made it to the play-offs if it had played the season in the second-tier.

They even looked lacking in ideas at the Moss Rose.

13A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 18:13

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
largehat wrote:

Coyle knew before a ball had been kicked this season that Holden and Lee were out for most if not all of the season - he got Eagles / Ryo to fill in for Lee but what exactly did he do to fill in for Holden?

In the January transfer window he blew his wad on a striker he doesn't play - that's how much Coyle felt the importance of getting someone to do the Holden role for the team!

For what it is worth in my opinion our best centre back was still on the pitch when Wheater had to go off - but he was playing at left back because the player Coyle bought to play there (who was on the subs bench) is too shite to play in the team!

Who bought him, who named him as sub, who declined to bring him on - yes, that's right, the manager, Owen Coyle.

When Petrov had to come off, what was the point of bringing Lee on when we needed to protect our lead?

Vela was the right move, I think most people, even you would accept that but not Owen Coyle of course.

If you don't like my views - which lets be honest are these days shared by many other folk as well, then please feel free to just 'ignore me' by using the facility this forum provides.

Thank you.

Why do you act like a baby when I disagree with your views on stuff? Is it not possible to have a discussion about something and have a different view? I don't give a shit how many people agree with your views on here either. I speak my mind, I'm entitled to hold a different view and express it. Being in the majority doesn't validate your views.

Anyway, to the actual discussion I was trying to have.

Coyle sold Taylor. 2 weeks later, CYL breaks his leg. He wouldn't have sold Taylor if he'd known about that. Eagles was signed as a squad player, not first choice.

He didn't "know he would be without Holden for most of the season", not unless he had a crystal ball. His prognosis was October. I agree he should have signed another CM in January.

In another post I said that Coyle got his subtitutions totally wrong yesterday, I don't know if you read that.

This discussion started when you took exception to me saying we have been cursed with injuries this season.

Just like anyone else, I'm entitled to that opinion.

You name me another team in the history of professional football that has been without 4 first choice players for an entire season, and if you can, I'll accept I was wrong to use the word cursed.

14A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 18:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[quote="largehat"]
Sluffy wrote:
largehat wrote:

Thank you.

Jesus Christ and you accuse me of acting like a baby!

You don't give a shit how many people agree with my views – how fecking childish is that?

What exactly are my views anyway –

We should have bought a replacement for Holden – even you agree that we should have done that be it in January!

His substitutions were crap – you agree that too!

Lee broke his leg before the season starts – you agree that Coyle did not obtain a suitable replacement – well isn’t that precisely what I’ve said?

What exactly IS your issue as you (begrudgingly) seem to agree with what I’ve been saying?

As for long term injuries here’s a link to just Premier sides – United have currently FIVE out long term!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh and when I get to the stage when I’m bothered what particular word someone else uses on the internet, then that will be the time for me to pack up.

15A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 18:49

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well, maybe you should pack up then, because you took issue with my short post saying our season was "cursed".

16A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 18:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Are you for real?

No I didn't, I simply stated we were "ill prepared and abysmally managed" - which I think most people agree with.

There's only you throwing some sort of a strop about it - no one else.

17A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 19:00

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not stropping about anything or with anyone. I was having a football discussion - or I thought I was - until you disagreed with my opinion, and then followed it up with a load of childish crap about how I should use some ignore function if I don't like your views - even though YOU replied to ME!

And you call me unreal!

Once more you have demonstrated that you want to have your cake and eat it, Sluffy. This will be my last post on this thread, if you've got anything more to say, send me a PM.

18A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 19:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

affraid

19A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 20:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Football is all about opinions and we all have one. I have stuck by Coyle but yesterday even my patience wore thin. Yes, we have had bad luck with injuries but isn't it the job of the manager to make sure we have suitable replacements on stand-by?

Chelsea are missing a number of key players for the Champions League final but at least they have experienced cover for every position.

20A sad day for the Wanderers. Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 20:44

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Football is all about opinions and we all have one. I have stuck by Coyle but yesterday even my patience wore thin. Yes, we have had bad luck with injuries but isn't it the job of the manager to make sure we have suitable replacements on stand-by?

Chelsea are missing a number of key players for the Champions League final but at least they have experienced cover for every position.

I'll plus 1 that, except that my patience ran out a few weeks ago!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum