Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A sad day for the Wanderers.

+9
bwfc71
doffcocker
xmiles
Keegan
gloswhite
Sluffy
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21A sad day for the Wanderers. - Page 2 Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 21:41

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Chelsea are missing a number of key players for the Champions League final but at least they have experienced cover for every position.

But they had the sense to replace a manager who wasn't delivering with one who could.

22A sad day for the Wanderers. - Page 2 Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 21:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Di Matteo got sacked by WBA but he inherited a far better squad from AVB.

23A sad day for the Wanderers. - Page 2 Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Mon May 07 2012, 22:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And yet i was told Di Matteo was a "shit" manager.

taken Chelsea to the champions league final and and FA cup victory.

Say what you like about the talent of Chelsea but he's proven he can ORGANISE a team, something Coyle has proven he most certainly can't.

24A sad day for the Wanderers. - Page 2 Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Tue May 08 2012, 06:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Before the season started there were concerns about our defence and I still have them. OC has backed our defence to cope and if anything has weakened it: the sale of Cahill, the failure to play a screen, and an average signing in Ream. I guess showing a lot of confidence in our defence to cope whilst the strategy is to get everyone else forward is rash, but at least we occasionally look like scoring. We'll need the youngsters to step up next season.

25A sad day for the Wanderers. - Page 2 Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Tue May 08 2012, 12:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FWIW I think Ream has done okay. It can't be easy coming from the MLS and going straight into the Premiership. He reads the game well and is quick but his distribution needs improving. We need a massive shift from him and Knight on Sunday against the likes of Crouch, Huth and Kenwynne Jones.

26A sad day for the Wanderers. - Page 2 Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Tue May 08 2012, 12:11

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think I would pick Knight.

I may play Boyata central and Steinsson RB if fit.

Or Ricketts central and Alonso wide... that's how bad Knight is.

27A sad day for the Wanderers. - Page 2 Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Tue May 08 2012, 13:21

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

largehat wrote:I'm not stropping about anything or with anyone. I was having a football discussion - or I thought I was - until you disagreed with my opinion, and then followed it up with a load of childish crap about how I should use some ignore function if I don't like your views - even though YOU replied to ME!

And you call me unreal!

Once more you have demonstrated that you want to have your cake and eat it, Sluffy. This will be my last post on this thread, if you've got anything more to say, send me a PM.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

28A sad day for the Wanderers. - Page 2 Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Tue May 08 2012, 14:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I too belive that we are cursed this season Mad

seems whatever we do, as soon as one door opens...another one slams right shut in our faces!

il also be glad, whatever league we end up in, to say goodbye to this sorry, effed up mess of a season.

in the championship we have only got the old 'do we have the finances to avoid administration' problem - we will win a lot more games, visit some propper grounds with no glory hunting fans and have a chance of a Wembley outing and a shot at silverware, not to mention giant killings in the cups...hopefully.

stay up and we have the 'prestige' of being a premier league club, playing the big boys but more than likely having another relegation battle...

swings and roundabouts i think...

29A sad day for the Wanderers. - Page 2 Empty Re: A sad day for the Wanderers. Tue May 08 2012, 14:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we do go down then we have a few more games to watch. I am looking forward to visiting Elland Road, Hillsborough, Forest, Burnley, Leicester etc etc. Not as many trips to bloody London to worry about. The away tickets should be cheaper as well. I still hope we can stay up but if not then we just have to grin and bear it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum