Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zach Clough signs contract extension

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Zach Clough signs contract extension Empty Zach Clough signs contract extension Mon Jan 05 2015, 16:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Zach Clough has signed a contract extension with Bolton Wanderers, with striker’s deal now set to run until 2017.

Clough netted the winning goal on his first team debut against Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup last weekend.

And Neil Lennon has now moved to tie the 19-year-old to the club on a longer contract.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit of faith in the lad, good move hope it motivates him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:facepalm:  Owen Coyle syndrome strikes again. One good performance and he gets a new contract. I'm glad Zat Knight isn't still around.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure it was all about that game and nothing else.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm sure it was all about that game and nothing else.

I know, pretty stupid right?

You don't think it's worth signing up a decent 19 year old until he's 22 to see if he progresses then Nat?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:You don't think it's worth signing up a decent 19 year old until he's 22 to see if he progresses then Nat?

Not after one game meaningless friendly.

I suspect he's going to get a few games while Lee is sunning himself so why not wait until February?

It's ridiculous and you know it.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's only a two year deal so can't be serious money.  Although I agree with Nat ......all this off one game?

On the other hand if he does become a world beater he will walk for nowt to Everton or somewhere like that and only be 21 at the time.  So posters on here will be screaming then that we didn't sign him up for longer.  You can't win really.

Another good move for Lennon though .... he's golden at the moment.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:It's only a two year deal so can't be serious money.  Although I agree with Nat ......all this off one game?

On the other hand if he does become a world beater he will walk for nowt to Everton or somewhere like that and only be 21 at the time.  So posters on here will be screaming then that we didn't sign him up for longer.  You can't win really.

Why do you believe that clough has been offered a new deal off the back of one game? That's obviously not the case

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:
terenceanne wrote:It's only a two year deal so can't be serious money.  Although I agree with Nat ......all this off one game?

Why do you believe that clough has been offered a new deal off the back of one game? That's obviously not the case

You are probably correct with that.  But it's quite a coincidence isn't it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote: That's obviously not the case

Ha ha, of course that's the case. If he'd been shit on Saturday no way would he have a new contract.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote: That's obviously not the case

Ha ha, of course that's the case. If he'd been shit on Saturday no way would he have a new contract.

His contract was already drawn up, it makes sense to announce it after his debut

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

His contract was already drawn up, it makes sense to announce it after his debut

Bollocks. It was another knee-jerk reaction to a good performance. If Liam Trotter has a good game on Saturday he'll probably get a 5 year contract and all the hookers he can handle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum