Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Lennon Thought - Sheffield Wednesday

2 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon hailed his side’s start to the game following a 2-1 victory against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.

Wanderers raced out of the traps in snowy condition in South Yorkshire and were two goals up inside the opening 25 minutes.

Liam Feeney and Darren Pratley were the two scorers, though Wednesday hit back and despite a period of pressure late on were unable to conjure up an equaliser.

“I thought we were outstanding right from the first whistle,” Lennon said in his post-match media. “Sheffield Wednesday are a good side, but on the balance of play and chances created I thought we deserved the victory.

“We started the game ever so well and I thought we managed to game well early on. When you score two good goals as we did, your hope is that you’re able to calm things down a bit. We weren’t able to do that and Sheffield Wednesday hit back.

“They’ve been on a very good run of late, but we pressed them all the way and created some very good chances throughout.

“Craig Davies has been denied by a great save when one on one with Kieren Westwood and then he’s had the header saved.

“The game was in the balance in the second half and to be fair to them they had a really good go at us.

“We felt we didn’t start the game against Leeds very well and we wanted to change that. I couldn’t have asked for any more today. The style of football we played was very pleasing.

“I felt that Emile Heskey and Craig Davies caused endless problems for Sheffield Wednesday today.

“Having watched their disallowed goal back, it looks as if the player is onside so they will feel a little aggrieved by that decision. That said, we had Craig Davies through on goal in the first half and the flag goes up.

“All in all it is a very good win and a magnificent team performance. We can now look forward to the week ahead and the FA Cup tie at Liverpool. The boys can enjoy the build up knowing they’ve done the business today.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by karlypants on Sun Jan 18 2015, 12:12; edited 1 time in total

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Lonerghans last gasp save was a world class stop.Brilliant!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum