Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL: Lee Chung-Yong signs for Crystal Palace

+7
Reebok Trotter
Bwfc1958
finlaymcdanger
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
karlypants
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers can announce that Lee Chung-Yong has signed for Premier League side Crystal Palace for an undisclosed fee.

The Korean international leaves Bolton after five-and-a-half-seasons, having made 195 appearances and scoring 20 goals.

He joined the club from FC Seoul in the summer of 2009 and has since gone on to represent Korea Republic in back-to-back World Cups as well as captain his nation on a number of occasions.

One of the attacking midfielder’s most memorable moments for the Whites came against Birmingham City when he scored a late winner in a 3-2 FA Cup quarter final victory at St Andrew’s in 2011.

The 26-year-old made his last appearance for the club against Huddersfield Town last month.

Bolton Wanderers would like to thank Lee for his contributions during his time at the club and wish him well in his future endeavours.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chungyyy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sad

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Money grabbing ponce.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We will pass each other next season ..... we go up ...they come down..... Nice.

We carried a bloke all the way thru his injuries only for him to jump ship on us. I don't blame him though......this is business.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't blame him. With his ability and the age he is, he deserves another crack in The Premier League - whether or not he can still cut after his past, and no doubt future, injuries is another matter.

The failings of our board and their disastrous appointments of Lee and Freedman are to blame.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Saw Chungy get his debut whilst watching MOTD last night. 

He had a bit of a shocker for Hulls second goal. First he does a terrible cross which is headed straight back to him and then he just gave the ball away when he was intercepted and hull just ran up the pitch and finished the game off.

Not the greatest debut ever witnessed.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Saw Chungy get his debut whilst watching MOTD last night. 

He had a bit of a shocker for Hulls second goal. First he does a terrible cross which is headed straight back to him and then he just gave the ball away when he was intercepted and hull just ran up the pitch and finished the game off.

I agree. It was his woefully misplaced pass that led to Hulls second goal. He'll have to up his game if he wants to impress Pardew.

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:Saw Chungy get his debut whilst watching MOTD last night. 

I agree. It was his woefully misplaced pass that led to Hulls second goal. He'll have to up his game if he wants to impress Pardew.  

Grass....greener.......etc etc

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I would imagine his first team appearances will be limited there.  Not what he wants I would presume. Remember Lennon got the best out of him but before that quite a few of us wanted to get rid anyhow.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was an appalling mistake by Chungy on a day when ex-Wanderers were generally poor (apart from Nobby who did
ok in a poor West Ham performance) Notable amongst them was Matty Taylors penalty miss for Burnley that has pretty much got them relegated along with Sordell's missed header. Reminded me of why we got relegated from the Premiership.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chung-yong Lee attacks Alan Pardew's 'short-term vision' at Crystal Palace

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chung-yong Lee has started just four Premier League games this season 

Chung-yong Lee says he wants to leave Crystal Palace this summer after growing tired of Alan Pardew's "short-term vision".

The South Korea international winger has two years left on his Palace deal but has started just four Premier League games this season, and in an interview with Korea's Sport Seoul he has made a series of claims about Pardew's management style.
The publication quotes Lee as questioning Pardew's "absurd" decision-making, with the 27-year-old also stating his manager is too "hot tempered" during games. Lee even claims that, during one match, he had to tell his boss he had used all his substitutes.

"I have a contract with Crystal Palace until 2018 but I don't have any reason to stay here next season," said Lee, signed from Bolton by Pardew in February last year.
"I think I should try to talk to other clubs. If I had enough opportunities and had disappointed here, I would not make any excuses. But I never had opportunities.

"Pardew said he had wanted to sign me at Newcastle as well. It seemed that he really wanted to sign me so I decided to join Crystal Palace. But I got injured in January and returned in April. During that time, Crystal Palace did really well with Jason Puncheon, Yannick Bolasie and Wilfried Zaha. So my place was gone.

Lee claims Alan Pardew is too 'hot-headed' during games 

"Pardew runs the team with very short-term vision. We have a great squad but he plays the same players again and again until someone gets injured. Then his replacement cannot play well because he is playing for the first time in two months. I think that's why we have not done well in the latter half of season."

Pardew famously clashed with Arsene Wenger in the technical area during his time at West Ham and was banned for seven matches while at Newcastle for clashing with a Hull player.
Lee said: "Pardew is very smart in training but he's too hot tempered in matches, so he even forgets how many substitutes are left.

Pardew was banned for clashing with Hull's David Meyler during his time at Newcastle 

"He told me to warm up, then we used all three substitutes, so I sat on the bench again. Five minutes later, he told me to warm up again so I told him there were no substitutes left. He just said: 'Oh, sorry'.

"Pardew also made me train as a starter for the whole week and decided to leave me out on matchday as an injured player who had not trained all week recovered and felt okay on the day. That was absurd."

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good to see his ponce ways picked up at Bolton haven't been lost. What a pathetic excuse for a footballer.

You found your level in the Championship, just accept it you twat.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

terenceanne wrote:I would imagine his first team appearances will be limited there.  Not what he wants I would presume. Remember Lennon got the best out of him but before that quite a few of us wanted to get rid anyhow.

Quoting myself from April 2015 ............. told yer.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
terenceanne wrote:I would imagine his first team appearances will be limited there.  Not what he wants I would presume. Remember Lennon got the best out of him but before that quite a few of us wanted to get rid anyhow.

Yeah, you're a fucking genius.

Who'd have thought someone going from a crap Championship club to a top half Premier League club wouldn't start every game?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
terenceanne wrote:

Yeah, you're a fucking genius.

Who'd have thought someone going from a crap Championship club to a top half Premier League club wouldn't start every game?

As stated in another thread....you are in fact the fooking idiot on this board by universal acclaim.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

that's him sitting in the reserves for the rest of the season then. The few times i have seen him he has looked average apart from that one screamer he scored a couple of months ago.

You just know some goon on the BN site is going to get hold of this and start posting "Get Chungy back!" in the comments.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:You just know some goon on the BN site is going to get hold of this and start posting "Get Chungy back!" in the comments.
I'd have him back if we could get him cheap enough wouldn't you? He's a darn sight better than the vast majority of what we have now.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
I'd have him back if we could get him cheap enough wouldn't you? He's a darn sight better than the vast majority of what we have now.

He was utter shite for 90% of his Bolton career. Admittedly that's better than the 100% that seems to be the standard these days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum