Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL: Lee Chung-Yong signs for Crystal Palace

+7
Reebok Trotter
Bwfc1958
finlaymcdanger
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
karlypants
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Breadman wrote:You just know some goon on the BN site is going to get hold of this and start posting "Get Chungy back!" in the comments.
I'd have him back if we could get him cheap enough wouldn't you? .

Obviously, Pete.

But that's not really the point I was making.

I'd have Messi if he was cheap enough.

But he's not...

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
I'd have him back if we could get him cheap enough wouldn't you? He's a darn sight better than the vast majority of what we have now.

He was utter shite for 90% of his Bolton career. Admittedly that's better than the 100% that seems to be the standard these days.

Such bollocks. We won't see s player of his quality in a Bolton shirt until we get back to the prem

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Such bollocks. We won't see s player of his quality in a Bolton shirt until we get back to the prem

Goldfish. Only capable of remembering the last 5 mins of his career.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Goldfish. Only capable of remembering the last 5 mins of his career.

He was top 4 quality before his horror injury

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Not arguing that point, it doesn't mean he wasn't shite for the majority of his time after his injury.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Not arguing that point, it doesn't mean he wasn't shite for the majority of his time after his injury.

Fair enough, but most players never rediscover their best after that type of injury lay off. 

He struggled with confidence

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Fair enough, but most players never rediscover their best after that type of injury lay off. 

He struggled with confidence

Don't disagree, but he doesn't get a pass because of it. He was a good player, especially at Championship level, but too much of his time at BWFC was average at best.

Anyway, it doesn't change the fact he's become a big time Charlie, he clearly thinks he's Ronaldo.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was a good player for us, thought he was better than he is though.

That leg break stopped his game taking players on, running at them.

scottjames30 wrote: thought he was better than he is though.

How do you know?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
How do you know?

He said so on Twitter.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I spoke to him briefly after an Ipswich game a couple of seasons ago as he was heading to London on the train with those two girls that used to attend all the away matches (is one his wife?) and he was unassuming, very "down to earth" and came across as a very nice - and humble- guy.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I spoke to him briefly after an Ipswich game a couple of seasons ago

What was he doing in your front room?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I spoke to him briefly after an Ipswich game a couple of seasons ago

What was he doing in your front room?
Collecting his wife. She works under my desk.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Palace to fine Chung-Yong

Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew says the club will fine midfielder Chung-Yong Lee for criticising the manager in a recent interview.

Former Wanderer Lee hit out at Pardew for being "too hot-tempered in matches", claiming the former Palace midfielder "forgets how many substitutes are left".

Pardew insisted Lee's assertions were factually incorrect but also claimed there is no rift with the 27-year-old from South Korea.

"I have dealt with it because he's incorrect on a couple of points there about team selection and stuff like that," said Pardew.

"He's made an error. He said it got lost in translation, that can happen and I've had it before.

"But some of it isn't lost in translation, though, and he'll get a fine for that.

"You can't criticise things that didn't happen. One of the key points in there didn't occur.

"So that's an internal process the other players will have to learn from.

"Criticise the manager, other players or staff at this football club: do it in house, knock on the door, come and see me, we'll sort it out no problem.

"It was a mistake on his part and he'll be punished for that in terms of a fine."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum