Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crims, Cockroaches and Bad Education.

+11
Numpty 28723
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
xmiles
MartinBWFC
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Crims, Cockroaches and Bad Education. Empty Crims, Cockroaches and Bad Education. Wed Feb 18 2015, 22:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Don't know if people have seen these commedy shows that are currently about (or recently have been) but suprisingly for me - I quite like them.

I'm quite a bit old school and liked the shows on the telly before the new wave comedians came and told us we went all politically incorrect and force fed us gratuitously violent slapstick such as The Young Ones and Bottom. Not funny at all imo.

Since then there's been few stand out shows for me - the likes of Father Ted, The IT Crowd, Phoenix Nights Alan Partridge and The Inbetweeners, being the occasional exceptions.

What sort of comedy programmes do you watch, or would like to see the repeats of again?

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Only fools and horses is my favourite comedy ever. I never tire of watching reruns of it. Even though I've seen every episode God knows how many times, it never fails to make me laugh. Absolute classic.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fawlty towers, Monty Python, Black Adder, The Office, and Rising Damp for me, all comedy genius.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:

Since then there's been few stand out shows for me - the likes of Father Ted, The IT Crowd, Phoenix Nights Alan Partridge and The Inbetweeners, being the occasional exceptions.

What sort of comedy programmes do you watch, or would like to see the repeats of again?

Given your taste in comedy which is pretty similar to mine apparently I am sure you would enjoy Plebs https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FPlebs_%2528TV_series%2529&ei=syPlVPKWAo7saLPmgZgP&usg=AFQjCNHXafGdqPR4pqptAqnGVYFF8wNVQg&sig2=GPKmuoXuFVFbz7kZhtBXYQ

I have recently watched repeats of Seinfeld and Frasier.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get on youtube and have a look at 'The Honeymooners'.
It's an American comedy from the 50's starring Jackie Gleason.
Knocks spots off some of the garbage that passes for comedy these days.

Curb your enthusiasm is the funniest show I've ever seen.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If you want vintage American comedy there is nothing better than The Phil Silvers Show (Sgt Bilko).

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:If you want vintage American comedy there is nothing better than The Phil Silvers Show (Sgt Bilko).
All time fave is Bilko.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If you're talking American shows then I throw in Gilligans Island, Hogans Heros, and I love Lucy, again comedy gold.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Peep show

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Peep show

Why does that not surprise me?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:
xmiles wrote:If you want vintage American comedy there is nothing better than The Phil Silvers Show (Sgt Bilko).
All time fave is Bilko.

Topcat!!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i love Peep show as well, other great British ones have been Father Ted, Alan Partridge, Blackadder, Phoenix Nights and Spaced. I also really liked Phone Shop on E4
As for the American shows, i love Curb your enthusiasm, Eastbound and down and my all time favourire Married with Children, i used to love that programme!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love peep shows too Laughing

father ted
black books
uncle
bad education
the middle
brooklyn 99
Open all hours
Porridge
East Bound and Down
The office (UK AND US)
The IT Crowd
Phoenix Nights

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Some mothers do ave em.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Limmy's show, probably the only funny British comedy show along with the office.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Limmy's show, probably the only funny British comedy show along with the office.
So there is only two funny british comedy shows ever?

Seriously?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Limmy's show, probably the only funny British comedy show along with the office.
So there is only two funny british comedy shows ever?

Seriously?

In my opinion obviously. Comedy is subjective.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Extras

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum