Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help needed.

+9
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
Sluffy
Soul Kitchen
Norpig
Copper Dragon
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Help needed. Empty Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 12:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A friend has e-mailed me with this request. If any of you nutters find the time could you give young Katie your vote please? Many thanks.

Subject: Help please
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 10:15:27 +0000

Help needed.

My cousin's disabled daughter Katie is a very keen and successful cyclist.

Katie is looking to better herself and has entered a competition to try and get herself a better bike.

I am canvassing for votes for her.

Can you do me a favour and circulate to all your contacts to ask if they could spend a few seconds and vote for Katie Toft.

All votes will be greatly appreciated and at her level better equipment definitely makes a difference.

The link to vote is

http://mcrwomenbike.org.uk/entries/

Cheers

2Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 13:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I voted for her, I'll expect Katie and her family to vote for me in 'Miss Preston 2015'.

3Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 13:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've voted. Hope she rides better than me.Help needed. Biking

4Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 13:12

Is it Katie Toft RT?

5Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 13:15

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

On yer bike!

372 votes now with mine.

6Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 13:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

done, she's winning well at the moment  Very Happy

7Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 14:21

I voted for her 3 times.

8Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 14:33

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I feel sorry for Martine with no votes! Alas it's too late I've voted.

9Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 16:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Is it Katie Toft RT?

Yes it is. She's doing well at the moment!

10Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 16:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks for all the votes! Much appreciated!

11Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 17:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Another vote for Katie from me - 389 votes now!

I don't if anybody read her little write up (click on her name and scroll down) but she was asked a question about had she a fundraising page (she came third in the national para-road race and is funded only by family and friends), to which she said 'no' and that if anybody could give her any help or advice on how to go about doing one she would really appreciate it.

So if anybody does know the best way to go about it please could you add your knowledge to this thread and I'm sure that RT will happily pass on any offers of help/advice to young Katie.

Thank you.

12Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 17:07

Never done it but I think they're pretty simply to set up through here - 

https://home.justgiving.com/

13Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 17:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Stockport CP Society are championing a very special girl who has her sights set on Paralympic glory in Rio in 2016.  Katie Toft (21 years old) has Cerebral Palsy and has been attending the Stockport Wheelers Cycling project for 2 years.  Recently graduated from Sheffield Hallam University with a 2:1 degree in Early Childhood Studies, she is now putting her teaching career on hold to develop her real passion of cycling.

Katie said – “I love cycling and really want to represent my country in 2016 and beyond.  It’s going to take a lot of hard work but I am ready and very excited about the prospect!“

Through her attendance at the Wheelers project, Katie has developed a love and passion for cycling.  This passion has now grown into a real talent that she hopes to capitalise on over the next 12 months to achieve her dream of becoming part of the Paralympic Team in Rio in 2016.

Katie’s parents, Karen and Peter said – “It has been a fantastic 18 months watching Katie’s progress.  Katie’s dedication to cycling is fantastic with great results on the road and with a track title to her name already, she is absolutely committed.  We are extremely proud of her and will support her in any way we can!”

Help needed. Katie%20Toft_tcm22-256023

Katie has competed in national cycle road races and international track racing.  She is a member of the Mossley Cycling Race Team and she is the club ladies champion for road, hill and track.  Katie is also the current Ladies C3 3km Individual Pursuit National Record Holder.  At this year’s National Para-Cycling Road Championships she came third brining back a Bronze medal.  The next competition is the National Para-Cycling Track Championships at the end of September at the Manchester Velodrome.

Katie would love to represent her country in Rio in 2016 but is fundraising to raise enough funds to allow her to achieve her goal as well as purchase a new bike.  If any business or individual would like to help, please contact the Society on 0161 432 1248 and ask for Clara Dolce.

http://www.stockportcp.co.uk/news/stockport-cp-society-championing-special-girl-sights-set-paralympic-glory-rio-2016

14Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 17:24

You can vote more than once if you use a mobile to browse the interweb. First vote using mobile data and second vote connected via wifi.

15Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 22:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Stockport CP Society are championing a very special girl who has her sights set on Paralympic glory in Rio in 2016.  Katie Toft (21 years old) has Cerebral Palsy and has been attending the Stockport Wheelers Cycling project for 2 years.  Recently graduated from Sheffield Hallam University with a 2:1 degree in Early Childhood Studies, she is now putting her teaching career on hold to develop her real passion of cycling.

Katie said – “I love cycling and really want to represent my country in 2016 and beyond.  It’s going to take a lot of hard work but I am ready and very excited about the prospect!“

Through her attendance at the Wheelers project, Katie has developed a love and passion for cycling.  This passion has now grown into a real talent that she hopes to capitalise on over the next 12 months to achieve her dream of becoming part of the Paralympic Team in Rio in 2016.

Katie’s parents, Karen and Peter said – “It has been a fantastic 18 months watching Katie’s progress.  Katie’s dedication to cycling is fantastic with great results on the road and with a track title to her name already, she is absolutely committed.  We are extremely proud of her and will support her in any way we can!”

Help needed. Katie%20Toft_tcm22-256023

Katie has competed in national cycle road races and international track racing.  She is a member of the Mossley Cycling Race Team and she is the club ladies champion for road, hill and track.  Katie is also the current Ladies C3 3km Individual Pursuit National Record Holder.  At this year’s National Para-Cycling Road Championships she came third brining back a Bronze medal.  The next competition is the National Para-Cycling Track Championships at the end of September at the Manchester Velodrome.

Katie would love to represent her country in Rio in 2016 but is fundraising to raise enough funds to allow her to achieve her goal as well as purchase a new bike.  If any business or individual would like to help, please contact the Society on 0161 432 1248 and ask for Clara Dolce.

http://www.stockportcp.co.uk/news/stockport-cp-society-championing-special-girl-sights-set-paralympic-glory-rio-2016

Cheers for all the info Sluffy. I received an e-mail from Jim  who is a former work colleague so I thought I would use Nuts to help Katie's cause.  She was about 25 votes behind in second place when I posted this message so I am really pleased at the support and i will let Jim know that Bolton Wanderers fans did their bit in helping to get her a decent bike.

16Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 22:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have just had a look and she is now back in second place. Keeley clearly has a lot of supporters as well.

17Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 23:22

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just done my bit for Katie RT.

18Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Thu 26 Feb - 23:39

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Done my 2 she's back in the lead now

19Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Fri 27 Feb - 0:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I voted for her too RT Very Happy

20Help needed. Empty Re: Help needed. Fri 27 Feb - 1:57

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I voted for Lily, because cyclists are sexy.

I kid, of course. I voted Katie.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum