Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Four points lost late on.

+11
doffcocker
Numpty 28723
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Jack Russell
boltonbonce
scottjames30
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Four points lost late on. Empty Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 06:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reading and Blackburn, what a waste.

Is it a mental thing or what, gutted.

2Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 06:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's becoming a habit.
A bad habit.

3Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 08:22

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

As soon as the extra time board was displayed I said to my mate now is the time for them to concentrate, Lennon was also signaling them to do the same but to no avail.

4Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 08:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it sounds like a mental thing as we seemed to handle most things ok in normal time but start to panic when the injury time board goes up.

5Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 10:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yep it's mental. Good teams don't do it. We aren't a good team up to lennon to fix it in the summer or we'll be mid table for ever.

6Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 12:28

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

It's more than 4 points recently. Dropped 2 against Wolves, 1 against Watford, 2 against Reading and another 1 last night. Not too keen on lennon saying he doesn't know what to do about it either, even if he doesn't have a clue i'd rather he didn't say it publicly. Doesn't exactly fill you with confidence does it?

7Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 13:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem is that our players are weak minded cowards, I agree with what I saw Nat say a while ago in that we needed a hardman/leader to sort the rest of the players out. I believe that paddy McCarthy can be that man.. Stand out performer last night, give him time to settle in and I think we will become more resolute.

The more worrying problem for me is our strikers, time and time again the wingers whipped balls into their box and the attackers weren't clever enough to anticipate it. 

Heskey needs to go this summer and I don't think id try to bring ALF back either, we desperately need to find someone confident infront of goal because craig davies isnt the man.

8Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 13:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:The problem is that our players are weak minded cowards, I agree with what I saw Nat say a while ago in that we needed a hardman/leader to sort the rest of the players out. I believe that paddy McCarthy can be that man.. Stand out performer last night, give him time to settle in and I think we will become more resolute.

The more worrying problem for me is our strikers, time and time again the wingers whipped balls into their box and the attackers weren't clever enough to anticipate it. 

Heskey needs to go this summer and I don't think id try to bring ALF back either, we desperately need to find someone confident infront of goal because craig davies isnt the man.

I agree with your post, and while I don't think Craig Davies will score 20 goals a season, if fit he is a real handful.

Having a leader on the pitch should never be underestimated even if he isn't a world beater. We are a soft team and until Lennon sorts it out we will never compete.

9Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 13:50

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Didn't see it last night but in general when we try to waste time ....like going into the corner etc....we don't have the players to actually keep possession. Therefore the breakaway and boom ...that's that.

And it's not just us.....most teams do the same thing...... I personally hate that particular tactic. You see that last minute goal just about every week because these fools try to piss away the time instead of continuing to play football.

10Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 14:05

terenceanne wrote:Didn't see it last night but in general when we try to waste time ....like going into the corner etc....we don't have the players to actually keep possession. Therefore the breakaway and boom ...that's that.

And it's not just us.....most teams do the same thing...... I personally hate that particular tactic. You see that last minute goal just about every week because these fools try to piss away the time instead of continuing to play football.

Couldn't disagree more. It's not fun to watch but keeping the ball, breaking up a game and ultimately seeing out a result are vital to a winning team. PSG did an excellent job of it in the final few minutes last night.

11Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 14:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Used to be able to do it under BSA.
Dioufy was a master at keeping it in the corner.

12Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 15:47

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Too many nice guy types and lightweights makes for a team that's a soft touch like we've been for ages. It's crying out for a few hard bastards in midfield and defence next season for sure.

13Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 17:53

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There was a period under Allardyce where it happened time and time again.

Funnily enough I think it happened two years on the trot against Blackburn.

02/03: 1 nil up at the Reebok until the 94th minute  
03/04: 2 nil up at half time the season after, Blackburn equalised in the 90th minute with 10 men. 

The number of late goals we conceded the season we stayed up on the last day really is unbelievable.

14Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 17:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:There was a period under Allardyce where it happened time and time again.

03/04: 2 nil up at half time the season after, Blackburn equalised in the 90th minute with 10 men. 

The number of late goals we conceded the season we stayed up on the last day really is unbelievable.

Don't you agree we miss Kevin Davies doffcocker? He was fantastic at keeping the ball in the closing minutes.

15Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 17:57

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:There was a period under Allardyce where it happened time and time again.

Don't you agree we miss Kevin Davies doffcocker? He was fantastic at keeping the ball in the closing minutes.

Very Happy

16Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 18:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spearing was supposed to be that midfield "hard man" that motivated the rest. He was even made captain.

17Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 18:16

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In all honesty last night was inexcusable. To lose concentration that way that late in the game and leave Jordan Rhodes with that much time and space in any set of circumstances would be appalling but this was utterly beyond the pale. We were well on course for a much needed and frankly deserved point away from home and we threw it away with stuff a schoolboy would be rightly ashamed of. I was actually there and have to say I was practically spitting blood the whole way hone. It's the first match I've managed to get to in person since the Liverpool replay and I've yet to be in the stadium for an away point let alone a win in 2015. 

I think we desperately need a Captain, a real one to stand up and marshal the players on the field. I don't normally like giving the armband to a keeper or striker because they're at one end of the field with little influence on events at the other but in the current circumstances I'd strongly consider giving it to Cravies when he returns to full match action.

18Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 18:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Spearing was supposed to be that midfield "hard man" that motivated the rest. He was even made captain.

He's not hard though. Or tall enough.

19Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 18:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spearing would be a hard midfielder in an u8s match, thats about it.

20Four points lost late on. Empty Re: Four points lost late on. Thu Mar 12 2015, 18:23

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Spearing was supposed to be that midfield "hard man" that motivated the rest. He was even made captain.

He's not hard though. Or tall enough.

Or good enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum