Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Le Fondre and Clough... quick thought.

+10
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
doffcocker
Keegan
NickFazer
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Excuse me, on phone....

Thinking, ALF and ZC are vital to our promotion push next season? 

Discuss...

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not as a strike pair, we need a target man alongside Le Fondre, with Clough given a free role just behind

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:Not as a strike pair, we need a target man alongside Le Fondre, with Clough given a free role just behind
If funds are tight.... Hesky? 1 more season?

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Boggersbelief wrote:Not as a strike pair, we need a target man alongside Le Fondre, with Clough given a free role just behind
I agree. Juke would have been ideal.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ALF won't be here next season.

scottjames30 wrote:ALF won't be here next season.

I agree, he'll be on the planet Melmac

Barb Dwyer wrote:

Melmac got destroyed in a nuclear war, that's how he wound up here.

Durr....!

Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:

Durr....!

Very Happy
Hence the yogurt shortage.

Breadman wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:

Durr....!

Very Happy
He'll definitely be here next season then.

Unless Blackburn offer him a shit load of yogurt and as many cats as he can eat.

If Blackburn want a short, unpleasant thing  they can keep Jay Spearing

:clap: :rofl:

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Like Le Fondre, took his goals well and works hard. Can't ask for more than that.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Certainly can't argue with Le Fondre's effort on the pitch.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think it was 1874 who said the other day that Le Fondre hasn't made as big an impact as Juke.

Based on the matches he's played so far, I think Le Fondre's a class above Juke in almost every department and will go down as a better signing if he keeps it up until the end of the season.

His goals today were superb. In both instances, there was still a lot to do when he picked up the ball and he took them brilliantly.

But he's not just a finisher, he puts a shift in as well. Juke was obviously taller and probably stronger, particularly in the air, but that's not to say Le Fondre doesn't do a good job at shrugging off defenders and holding up the ball.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Cravies and Le Fond?

Clough as attacking mid. Bin Mavies off.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Whens Max Clayton back?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I think it was 1874 who said the other day that Le Fondre hasn't made as big an impact as Juke.

Based on the matches he's played so far, I think Le Fondre's a class above Juke in almost every department and will go down as a better signing if he keeps it up until the end of the season.

I agree, but you must really stop listening to 1874, he is up there with the fairys most of the time.

doffcocker wrote:I think it was 1874 who said the other day that Le Fondre hasn't made as big an impact as Juke.

His goals today were superb. In both instances, there was still a lot to do when he picked up the ball and he took them brilliantly.

But he's not just a finisher, he puts a shift in as well. Juke was obviously taller and probably stronger, particularly in the air, but that's not to say Le Fondre doesn't do a good job at shrugging off defenders and holding up the ball.

I think that's fair, up until yesterday I thought he was beginning to fade a bit and revert to type - proved me wrong though. 

I'm surprised by how well he's done here to be honest and his work rate is immense compared to what I've seen of him in the past.

He said when he came to us he'd be go back to Cardiff a better player. I wonder if he would rather stay now? Be amazed if we actually got him permanently.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would love to keep Le Fondre, his work rate is immense and his finishing was class yesterday. I agree about playing him with a big man with Clough/Clayton playing in the hole behind the strikers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum