Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Le Fondre and Clough... quick thought.

+10
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
doffcocker
Keegan
NickFazer
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A Craig Davies/Le Fondre partnership could fire us up the table next season.

Unfortunately Davies will probably be injured, just like his namesake.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Think Cardiff would have taken a nominal fee for ALF in the transfer window, now however if indeed they want to let him go, they'll be asking for a fee which will be out of our reach, pretty much the Juke scenario all over again.

MartinBWFC wrote:Think Cardiff would have taken a nominal fee for ALF in the transfer window, now however if indeed they want to let him go, they'll be asking for a fee which will be out of our reach, pretty much the Juke scenario all over again.

And ever thus shall it be unfortunately.

It's a classic Catch 22.

We get a striker in on loan:

If he's any good and scores a few, his parent club asks for £2m to sign him permanently, we can't afford him and he goes somewhere else.

If he's shit and doesn't score, we don't want him anyway.

Until we see some proper money being made available for permanent deals, we're going to be in this situation.

And I can't see how it's ever going to change because, despite Gartside's protestations to the contrary, I do believe that the debt is crippling us.

Thread crossover

Le fough

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think if we can keep ALF then great but if not then a strike partnership of Cravies and Clough has real potential with Eidur playing just behind them. Personally I'd like to see us keep Eidur AND Emile if only for their experience and utilise them as impact subs next term.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No idea what Lennon has in mind for his new team but he clearly has something in mind which may or may not include the old guys. I just hope he gets his targets whoever they are. The worst thing that could happen is if Lennon uses the ready-made excuse of "we tried to get our targets but got priced out" and we end up with a mess. He knows - or at least should know - the budget and asking prices so there's no real room for error come summer.
We have to back his judgement although haven't been impressed by Twardzik yet and the two expensive youngsters Rochinha and Shenshev haven't even been on show. Not sure what's going on with them but they ain't here to get first team experience as far as I can tell.

y2johnny wrote:Thread crossover

Le fough

It's a shame Gianfranco Zola's retired.

We could try and tempt him to come and join us, then you could have "Emile Zola."

Am I trying too hard?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum