Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao.

+5
Norpig
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
okocha
scottjames30
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Empty Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Tue Apr 14 2015, 09:12

So after a shaky start, England recovered from 34-3 to close the day on 341-5, thanks largely to 143 from Ian Bell, who anchored the innings with able assistance from Joe Root (83) and Ben Stokes (71 no).

What will today bring?

England appear to be in control of events, having posted a respectable overnight total and, having 5 wickets in hand, I reckon they should be aiming for a minimum of 500+ by mid afternoon.

Stick the Windies in by Tea and hope to nick a couple out in the evening session and pile the pressure on.

The pitch looks to like it's not doing a great deal, so it won't be easy but hopefully the Burnley Express will mark his 100th Test appearance with a decent haul and overtake Sir Ian Botham on the list of all time leading English wicket takers at some point today.

Cheese is shit.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too fast .
Too smart.
Better jab.
Better gameplan.
Wins more rounds.
Best boxer in the history of the sport.
More accurate puncher
Sets traps.
Super confidence.
Super fit.
Never been beat .
Never will be beaten.
Pound for pound the best in the world.

scottjames30 wrote:Too fast .
Too smart.
Better jab.
Better gameplan.
Wins more rounds.
Best boxer in the history of the sport.
More accurate puncher
Sets traps.
Super confidence.
Super fit.
Never been beat .
Never will be beaten.
Pound for pound the best in the world.

Go and post that shit on the cheese thread.

This one's about the Test Match.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is no such thing as a test match on a football forum.

Clearly there is.

The Test Match exists and this thread is about it so your assertion that "there is no such thing as a test match on a football forum" is obviously incorrect.

Boom!

Pwnd!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This thread is about Mayweather v Pacquiao.:bump:

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm with you, Bread, and the other connoisseurs of the subtle arts of cricket. How apt that Jimmy should become the all-time English leading wicket-taker in his 100th test.

(Remind me to tell you about the day I took 10 wickets for 3 runs......honestly true!)

An impressive return that, Okocha.

I'm intrigued - Fiendish spin? Out and out rocket pace? Playing against blind children? Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:(Remind me to tell you about the day I took 10 wickets for 3 runs......honestly true!)

PC, Amiga or Atari ST?

10Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Empty Re: Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Tue Apr 14 2015, 12:37

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ignoring Nat's facetious comment, Bread, the match was played on a wicket that was seaming quite a lot, and in weather that was helping to move the ball more than normal both away and in through the air. We bowled the opposition out for 27.....and only just managed to get the runs in reply! You'll probably ask what the bowler at the other end was doing and he'll most likely say that he helped me by scaring the opposition to death with a healthy combination of beamers and bouncers.....
I've played league cricket at a standard just below Minor Counties level for years and love it. I used to be quite quick but now settle for movement through the air and a bit of cut off the wicket. Love batting too and have always been a reasonable performer but not exactly with the brute strength of the modern batsmen like McCullum and De Villiers!
Do you play, Breaders?

11Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Empty Re: Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Tue Apr 14 2015, 12:55

Used to.

I was a No3 batsmen who bowled a bit of off spin (if there was nobody else to come on and bowl).

Played Bolton League cricket for a few years in my teens but only really at Second XI level.

Moved to Padiham after I graduated and played a few games for my local side up in the hills but this time only for the Thirds.

My proudest moment was walking out to bat for the University of Birmingham at Edgbaston.

I lasted about an over, scored a single from a defensive block and then got bowled.

Stumps everywhere and I didn't even see the one that got me.

But I enjoyed playing the game and that was what it was all about for me.

(Didn't really enjoy all the local league politics though, if I'm honest. It was all far too serious for my liking.)

12Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Empty Re: Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Tue Apr 14 2015, 13:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are you a spinner or a fast thumb peg over arm bowler?

13Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Empty Re: Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Tue Apr 14 2015, 13:04

Off spin.

Like it says in comment No11.

Read it again.

14Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Empty Re: Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Tue Apr 14 2015, 13:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I knocked my games master out with a beamer. A beauty.
You could hear the thud for miles.
A proud moment for me.

15Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Empty Re: Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Tue Apr 14 2015, 13:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i went to school with Ronnie Irani and i remember trying to bowl at him at School, even at 14 he was fantastic

16Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Empty Re: Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Tue Apr 14 2015, 13:59

Norpig wrote:i went to school with Ronnie Irani and i remember trying to bowl at him at School, even at 14 he was fantastic

We played in the same U15's team at Heaton and he was immense.

He'd regularly hit about eighty off five overs and take six or seven wickets for about ten runs.

In the end they moved him up to the Seniors when he turned 15 because the other teams were all complaining.

To be honest, I'm glad they did because nobody else got a look in.

And that goes back to the politics thing I mentioned earlier - his dad Jimmy was a bit too powerful in local cricketing circles back then, largely on the back of how good Ronnie was.

17Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Empty Re: Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Tue Apr 14 2015, 14:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I packed cricket in because we younger lads weren't getting a fair crack of the whip.
Blokes of nearly 50 were playing on a regular basis,and no matter how well we played,there was no chance of dislodging any of them.

18Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Empty Re: Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Tue Apr 14 2015, 14:11

boltonbonce wrote:I packed cricket in because we younger lads weren't getting a fair crack of the whip.
Blokes of nearly 50 were playing on a regular basis,and no matter how well we played,there was no chance of dislodging any of them.

That's exactly what I was getting at.

It's all about "The Committee" and if your Dad played for 'em and that bollocks.

I saw some real quality players walk away from Heaton in the late 80's because it was a closed shop and the people running the club were dictating who got picked every week and it was rotten with nepotism.

And having lived in a few places over the years and been on the periphery of quite a few local cricket teams, I've decided they're all the same.

The people who run local league cricket clubs are also the type who stand in local elections - self serving knobs in the main.

19Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Empty Re: Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Tue Apr 14 2015, 14:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a real shame.
Not saying I was that good,but I was pretty decent,and the frustration of working your socks off week after week in an effort to make it,killed the spirit.
I loved cricket,still do,but certain people turned it into a joyless grind. 
When I packed it in,they said I didn't have the determination to succeed.
Bastards to a man.

20Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Empty Re: Why Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. Tue Apr 14 2015, 14:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You just weren't good enough at the end of the day lads

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum