Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer Transfer Window

+26
Numpty 28723
inf
HarveyKorman
Lyric Todkill
chris_bwfc
Angry Dad
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
gloswhite
xmiles
chipbutty
rammywhite
Mallorca Trotter
Michael Bolton
TheHateCamel
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
largehat
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
wanderlust
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 19]

181Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun Jun 17 2012, 10:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As mentioned before, Knight would be decent in the Championship, but unless he accepts the wage cut he wouldn't be VFM.

I've only seen Sanchez on youtube and he appears to be exactly the same kind of player as NRC. Good things about him are that he tackles well without diving in and has decent distribution - but that's only youtube. We do need that kind of player, but whether he's the one is another story yet to unfold.

182Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun Jun 17 2012, 21:56

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

one of the main reasons I don't want Knight is his attitude, it must upset the rest of the team when he plays shite and then has a rant to the BEN about how certain players arn't pulling their weight, + he clearly doesn't give a crap about Bolton and I dont want that attitude to spread to the others.

Say all you want about NRC leaving us but at least he showed some passion during the actual season and blatantly really cared about staying in the Prem, Id take that any day than a player who is laughing and joking with the opposition after every defeat.

I also think he will still be a very standard defender even in the championship and easy to replace with someone younger and a better attitude...

.. and a less stupid name

183Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun Jun 17 2012, 22:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

Say all you want about NRC leaving us but at least he showed some passion during the actual season and blatantly really cared about staying in the Prem, Id take that any day than a player who is laughing and joking with the opposition after every defeat.

Fake passion. If you care about the club you play for you don't hand in your transfer request the day after relegation.

I really hope no one signs NRC so I can abuse him next season.

184Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun Jun 17 2012, 22:10

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Fake passion. If you care about the club you play for you don't hand in your transfer request the day after relegation.

I really hope no one signs NRC so I can abuse him next season.

Not fake passion, just wasn't for the club, whether it was passion for money, reputation or whatever at least it was passion for something. For whatever reason he wanted to win games and was one of our most hard working players, he was injured for the last 3 weeks and still played.

I rather a player had some kind of passion than none like Zat Knight.

Also I have no problem with players leaving who have only been there a short time, played well for us and want to play in the prem, Im not a Newcastle fan.

185Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun Jun 17 2012, 22:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

Also I have no problem with players leaving who have only been there a short time, played well for us and want to play in the prem, Im not a Newcastle fan.

I also have no problem with that, but handing in the notice the day after relegation was pathetic.

186Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun Jun 17 2012, 22:15

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fair enough, I didn't particularly mind that, at least he didn't drag it out, but I can see why you might

187Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Mon Jun 18 2012, 14:01

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Agree with Lofty on this one ....

NCR was gutted by our relagation....and maybe jumped the gun with the quick transfer request...but you do and say things when your mad that you regret later. Also the clause was in his contract so I don't have a problem with it.

Now some are saying that if a Prem club does not sign NCR then he is technically still ours....does anybody know if that is true?

188Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Mon Jun 18 2012, 14:04

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm pretty sure that if NRC does not find another club (prem or otherwise) he stays at BWFC for the 2nd year of his contract, unless he would rather be a free agent, which I doubt. He will find someone somewhere willing to offer him more money and/or top flight football though, so it isn't going to happen. He'd feel like a right knob if it did.

189Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Mon Jun 18 2012, 15:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andy Johnson has signed for QPR.

...... Passed the medical and everything.

190Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Mon Jun 18 2012, 15:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Medicals must be getting easier these days I guess!

191Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Mon Jun 18 2012, 16:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Andy Johnson has signed for QPR.

...... Passed the medical and everything.

The one that got away....

192Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Tue Jun 19 2012, 12:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I see that our possible new boy got himself sent off last night. Good to see someone still has passion in this modern game. Smile

193Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Wed Jun 20 2012, 07:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There were games towards the end of last season when NRC looked like the only one ready to bust a nut for the team so the least we can do is thank him for that. As to why he walked - we'll never know as there could be loads of reasons including his relationship with OC and the other players. I wish him well.

194Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun Jun 24 2012, 18:42

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I see Harry Kewell is returning to England (for family reasons). Would there be a place for him with our lot.

195Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun Jun 24 2012, 19:00

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can't see it. Even at his best he was a frustrating player. He must be 33/4 now too. I think we've got attacking midfielder/winger types well covered.

196Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun Jun 24 2012, 19:44

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hat, what you say is true but I'm sure his agent must have asked around before he decided to come back. I always think of him as a skillful player willing to get stuck-in, even though he is a bit lightweight. Ok this area of the pitch is not a priority but you can never have to much quality (if they are up for a battle)

197Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun Jun 24 2012, 19:50

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You're right in your analysis of the player, but he could well end up a more glamorous version of Robbie Blake. I can only see Coyle signing outfield older players to be first choice.

198Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun Jun 24 2012, 20:38

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Right then, make your mind up time. If I was in-charge and Kewell was on a free and £5g a week, I'd sign him.

199Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun Jun 24 2012, 20:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole personally.

We have Petrov, Wylde, Lee, Eagles and of course in certain formations Sordell and Ngog may fill a wider role.

There is no place for a finished Harry Kewell.

but hey, Coyle "loves wingers" so...

200Summer Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Mon Jul 02 2012, 16:35

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum