Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Arab Emirates FA Cup.

+3
Numpty 28723
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 11:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From next season the FA Cup will be known as the Arab Emirates FA Cup. Previous sponsorship deals with Budweiser referred to the FA CUP in association with Budweiser but...... UAE have stumped up £30 million for a 3 year sponsorship deal which includes naming rights.

Another piece of our football history sold to the highest bidder.  Evil or Very Mad

2 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 11:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shit isn't it! Mad

3 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 11:52

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Re-naming it The Orville The Duck F.A. Cup would have been a nice tribute.

4 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 12:05

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

The amount of money washing around in football and nothing comes back to the fans. It's a disgrace the way supporters in this country are treated. Liverpool fans boycotted the Hull game because of the £50 ticket price. £50!! Ridiculous mercenary tossers. Football is full of them. The game is nothing without the supporters

5 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 12:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's just a money making business now.

6 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 12:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:The amount of money washing around in football and nothing comes back to the fans. It's a disgrace the way supporters in this country are treated. Liverpool fans boycotted the Hull game because of the £50 ticket price. £50!! Ridiculous mercenary tossers. Football is full of them. The game is nothing without the supporters

Yes, and money well saved by the scousers, going off the result! I remember those cheeky buggers at QPR charging £54 a ticket when we played them in the first game of the season when they were promoted. I hope QPR go down again so I can boycott them in the Championship.

7 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 12:24

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

QPR = Quite Pricey Rubbish

8 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 12:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:The amount of money washing around in football and nothing comes back to the fans. It's a disgrace the way supporters in this country are treated. Liverpool fans boycotted the Hull game because of the £50 ticket price. £50!! Ridiculous mercenary tossers. Football is full of them. The game is nothing without the supporters

I think most of our fans would rather see the money being spent on quality players rather than have the dosh themselves whereas Liverpool fans may say the boycotted because of price but it's just as likely that they didn't go because they already knew they weren't getting into the CL.

9 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 13:29

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

wanderlust wrote:

I think most of our fans would rather see the money being spent on quality players rather than have the dosh themselves whereas Liverpool fans may say the boycotted because of price but it's just as likely that they didn't go because they already knew they weren't getting into the CL.
It is very rare for Liverpool not to sell out their allocation whether they're doing badly or not. I think they were making a statement, just as palace fans did not so long ago.

10 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 14:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely sport is un-Islamic. Oil is as well I suspect.

11 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 16:39

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wow... 

So basically, OUR FA cup, the oldest competition in world football, is not sponsored by a company anymore like 'normal' football competitions... but by a fucking actual country? a county with dubious laws and silly headgear... 

A totally WTF are you doing, money grabbing twat decision. Who will benefit from the extra money... a few directors on the FA board thats who, clubs and fans wont... 

We should sponsor another countries domestic cup competition and rename it 'the British Cup'...

12 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 16:44

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I mean, why are they even sponsoring it... 

I can see the adverts now... 

Come to the UAE, we have the worlds biggest royal family and keep it in the family by shagging other family members. You cant drink unless your a western tourist, but get pissed, even a bit and we will behead you, don't even think about looking at our women's eyes... we will cut off your dick... The UAE, "Even better than the prophet would ever believe"

13 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 16:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the same sponsorship as Arsenal Rebel! Laughing

14 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 16:55

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So its Emirates... as in the airline and not the UAE?

15 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 16:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:So its Emirates... as in the airline and not the UAE?

Aye Very Happy

16 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 16:59

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

At least you got that off your chest rebel. You will sleep well tonight now.

17 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 17:01

:rofl:

Made my day, that.

18 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 17:02

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Trotters post dont really help with the assumption does it...

19 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 17:05

To be fair, mate, no it doesn't.

According to this piece, Barclays are pulling out of their deal with the Prem next season:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/28/fa-cup-sponsorship-emirates

I've heard a rumour this bloke's interested:

The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Kim-jong-un-7

20 The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Empty Re: The Arab Emirates FA Cup. Wed Apr 29 2015, 17:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Would rather Kin Jong Un be sponsoring football than the fecking middle east wankers!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next