Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Miliband "we didn't overspend"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Miliband "we didn't overspend" Empty Miliband "we didn't overspend" Fri May 01 2015, 14:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fucking hell, Kinnock moment. 

Laughing

2Miliband "we didn't overspend" Empty Re: Miliband "we didn't overspend" Fri May 01 2015, 14:51

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's the wrong sentence Gromit!

3Miliband "we didn't overspend" Empty Re: Miliband "we didn't overspend" Fri May 01 2015, 14:57

Was surprised he approached it like this. Surely he knew that regardless of his 'logic' behind that comment he was going to get plastered for it.

His argument seemed to be it was a global financial crisis that caused the deficit.. which he seemed to infer made the year on year deficit increase irrelevant? 

I'm sick of the Tories trying to push that Labour caused the recession (absolute bollocks) but Miliband should have realised that comment was only going to increase the lack of trust people have with a Labour managed economy.

4Miliband "we didn't overspend" Empty Re: Miliband "we didn't overspend" Fri May 01 2015, 15:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is no logic behind a comment like that.

Labour have absolutely zero credibility on the economy thats exemplified by the fact they think Ed Balls is the man to oversee it.

5Miliband "we didn't overspend" Empty Re: Miliband "we didn't overspend" Fri May 01 2015, 15:17

Surely it's the same logic that inspires the SNP's total opposition to austerity?

6Miliband "we didn't overspend" Empty Re: Miliband "we didn't overspend" Fri May 01 2015, 15:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, I don't see the link there. 

there's a difference between targeted spending increases and overspending here there and everywhere.

7Miliband "we didn't overspend" Empty Re: Miliband "we didn't overspend" Fri May 01 2015, 15:39

SNP have already said they won't make cuts and will increase borrowing, that's the link I was getting at.

8Miliband "we didn't overspend" Empty Re: Miliband "we didn't overspend" Fri May 01 2015, 16:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know what you were getting at. 

Obviously impossible to compare at this point in history. Won't ever be possible either because the SNP will never be in power in Westminster.

9Miliband "we didn't overspend" Empty Re: Miliband "we didn't overspend" Fri May 01 2015, 16:26

Personally I'd like to see a Labour SNP coalition, I don't believe this scare tactic from the Tories that it would cause chaos and the SNP would tear the country apart (I think an EU referendum will cause more damage). Miliband's making a mistake outright rejecting it IMO, as a bloke in the audience said last night he'd gain more respect by saying what he'd do rather than continuing with the delusion of winning a majority.

10Miliband "we didn't overspend" Empty Re: Miliband "we didn't overspend" Fri May 01 2015, 16:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's clever to rule it out because he can hang the SNP knowing Scotland is already lost (probably)

The SNP can either vote for his queens speech and be seen to be breaking trident promise or vote it down and be seen to be allowing the tories back in (one way or another) 

both would decimate them in Scotland and Ed knows that.

11Miliband "we didn't overspend" Empty Re: Miliband "we didn't overspend" Fri May 01 2015, 16:42

Ah okay, that's quite interesting actually. Cheers Hipster.

12Miliband "we didn't overspend" Empty Re: Miliband "we didn't overspend" Sun May 03 2015, 20:10

Spider Legs

Spider Legs
David Ngog
David Ngog

I'm happy with things to stay as they are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum