Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Malta

+4
boltonbonce
gloswhite
rammywhite
doffcocker
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Malta Empty Malta Tue May 05 2015, 04:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Evening folks.

Well I'm currently sat in an airport waiting for a plane that doesn't take off for a another two hours.

So as the duty free shop is an even bigger rip off than anything at home, I thought I'd use this time to appreciate a bit of leg room whilst I still can as I fill you in on what's been a surprisingly brilliant (and cheap as shite) week away.

Well there's not much worth writing about. I didn't know what to expect as it has always sounded like the kind of place you either love or hate. It's actually quite mysterious, full of half finished housing projects (something to do with tax advantages) - it's not easy taking a decent picture without getting a crane stuck in the background. It doesn't surprise me that so many people think its a dump, but if you know where to go (Valletta and Gozo mainly) it's quite stunning.

On a slightly more negative note, the local beer is called Cisk and it's nothing to get excited about (it's no Efes) but it's drinkable, unlike the wine.

And to finish on an indifferent note, the Maltese people are alright.

So to sum up, Malta isn't all that bad at all and I'd recommend it to most people.

Has anybody here been to Malta? Please share your thoughts if you have.

2Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 08:17

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:Evening folks.

Well I'm currently sat in an airport waiting for a plane that doesn't take off for a another two hours.

So as the duty free shop is an even bigger rip off than anything at home, I thought I'd use this time to appreciate a bit of leg room whilst I still can as I fill you in on what's been a surprisingly brilliant (and cheap as shite) week away.

Well there's not much worth writing about. I didn't know what to expect as it has always sounded like the kind of place you either love or hate. It's actually quite mysterious, full of half finished housing projects (something to do with tax advantages) - it's not easy taking a decent picture without getting a crane stuck in the background. It doesn't surprise me that so many people think its a dump, but if you know where to go (Valletta and Gozo mainly) it's quite stunning.

On a slightly more negative note, the local beer is called Cisk and it's nothing to get excited about (it's no Efes) but it's drinkable, unlike the wine.

So to sum up, Malta isn't all that bad at all and I'd recommend it to most people.

I've been there a couple of times many years ago- but I wouldn't step foot in the place now because its the only place left in the EU that allows licensed hunters to slaughter migrating birds on an industrial scale. 10,000 hunters are allowed to shoot at anything that flies. If it flies, it dies. Many of the birds shot are rare and struggling for survival- but it doesn't matter to these people- they shoot birds by the million.
Malta had a referendum recently and (narrowly) they've allowed this annual slaughter to continue. So as far as I'm concerned they can  rot.

3Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 10:15

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I went there a few years ago, and I would put it in the category of , 'its ok, but I wouldn't go back'

Alarm bells should ring when you realise a countries' national dish is rabbit stew. Shocked

4Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 12:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Evening folks.

I've been there a couple of times many years ago- but I wouldn't step foot in the place now because its the only place left in the EU that allows licensed hunters to slaughter migrating birds on an industrial scale. 10,000 hunters are allowed to shoot at anything that flies. If it flies, it dies. Many of the birds shot are rare and struggling for survival- but it doesn't matter to these people- they shoot birds by the million.
Malta had a referendum recently and (narrowly) they've allowed this annual slaughter to continue. So as far as I'm concerned they can  rot.
:agree:

5Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 12:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds à good place to go shooting, might give it a go.

6Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 12:40

Have you ever left the country Scott?

7Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 12:42

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Have you ever left the country Scott?

Have you? infact have you ever been to à nightclub?

Drip drip drip.

8Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 12:44

Come on Scott, don't dodge the question. Have you ever left the country?

9Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 12:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More than you, yes.

Have you ever been on a night out?

Seriously, you come across as someone that needs less politician talk and more fun in their life, if im being honest.

10Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 12:55

Trust me Scott, you couldn't be further off with this one. Just because I can write a coherent sentence doesn't mean I'm a geek and I'm not going to drop to your level by listing all the travelling I've done for you - absolutely embarrassing.

Trying to invent something about me really is clutching at straws, everybody on here knows you've never been in the army, just admit it instead of trying to deflect.

11Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 12:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Calm down 1874, you can still make something of your self, it'll come.

Just keep trying

12Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 13:00

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Looks like 1874 is trying to start trouble again grow up you prick.

13Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 13:00

Malta 3smN7

14Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 13:01

Malta Dontworry

15Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 13:02

Mr Magoo wrote:Looks like 1874 is trying to start trouble again grow up you prick.

Me and Scott have gone back and forth on this site since he joined and it's never lead to anything other than us winding each other up, I'm not going to stop doing it just because others on the site escalate things. 

Me vs Scott is a vital part of this site.

You utter tugboat.

16Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 13:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1874 is a little spotty kid, never done anything, i think its funny when he gets angry.

17Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 13:03

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

::FU::

18Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 13:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dont try to join in bread, you'll cry playing with the big boys.

19Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 13:07

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Another thread ruined by some individuals' pettiness

20Malta Empty Re: Malta Tue May 05 2015, 13:08

Think people can scroll past these 10 posts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next