Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Biggest game of the season

+7
Michael Bolton
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
Copper Dragon
largehat
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Biggest game of the season - Page 3 Empty Re: Biggest game of the season Mon May 21 2012, 12:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another reason why football is failing.

Carlton Cole being hailed as a hero (Yes, CARLTON COLE, one of the most rank average players ever to pull on a shirt) because he took a 50% pay cut to play in the championship.

now he earns a measly 14 thousand pounds a week. A poxy 56 thousand pounds a month.

Reading some of the things he says in the article you'd think he'd been working for free.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4328557/Carlton-Cole-West-Ham-win-is-my-reward-for-a-50-wage-cut.html

42Biggest game of the season - Page 3 Empty Re: Biggest game of the season Mon May 21 2012, 12:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Gotta feel for the guy, i'm surprised he isn't living on the streets by now.

Footballers really do live in a world of their own.

43Biggest game of the season - Page 3 Empty Re: Biggest game of the season Mon May 21 2012, 12:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Read some of the comments.

apparently he's a

class act

44Biggest game of the season - Page 3 Empty Re: Biggest game of the season Mon May 21 2012, 12:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Another reason why football is failing.

Carlton Cole being hailed as a hero (Yes, CARLTON COLE, one of the most rank average players ever to pull on a shirt) because he took a 50% pay cut to play in the championship.

now he earns a measly 14 thousand pounds a week. A poxy 56 thousand pounds a month.

Reading some of the things he says in the article you'd think he'd been working for free.

I see your point, but the other day you were defending Reo-Coker for handing in a transfer request hours after relegation....now you're slagging off Cole for staying with his relegated club and taking a huge paycut.

I hate all overpaid ponces, but I'd rather have a Carlton Cole than a Reo-Coker. Wouldn't you?

45Biggest game of the season - Page 3 Empty Re: Biggest game of the season Mon May 21 2012, 12:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't blame the players as such, because lets face it, the clubs are offering the money, and you'd be a nob to turn it down.

the reason i take issue with Cole is because he's making out its some kind of hardship being on 14k a week and he's labeled as a class act.

Reo coker is the same, the club offered him the chance to jump ship, and he's taken it. There's not much you can really say in that situation. If he'd come out with comments similar to these i'd have been more angry with him. As it is it's a case of "thats football" with him.

46Biggest game of the season - Page 3 Empty Re: Biggest game of the season Mon May 21 2012, 12:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't blame the players as such, because lets face it, the clubs are offering the money, and you'd be a nob to turn it down.

the reason i take issue with Cole is because he's making out its some kind of hardship being on 14k a week and he's labeled as a class act.

Reo coker is the same, the club offered him the chance to jump ship, and he's taken it. There's not much you can really say in that situation. If he'd come out with comments similar to these i'd have been more angry with him. As it is it's a case of "thats football" with him.

Cole deserves some credit. Like you I thought he was rubbish, but that wouldn't have stopped a PL team taking him on when West Ham went down. Regardless of your wage, 50% is a huge cut for anyone so I will file Carlton Cole in the overpaid-but-not-quite-a-ponce catagory.

To be fair, he was actually a threat in the Championship, I hope some of our players are the same.

47Biggest game of the season - Page 3 Empty Re: Biggest game of the season Mon May 21 2012, 13:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha leaps to the defence of a player saying it's been hard living on 56 thousand pounds a month.

laughable.

My frustration isn't so much with the players (though it is when you read stuff like this) it's with the way the game is being run.

48Biggest game of the season - Page 3 Empty Re: Biggest game of the season Mon May 21 2012, 13:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Natasha leaps to the defence of a player saying it's been hard living on 56 thousand pounds a month.

laughable.

Thing is Hipster, most people live just within their means i.e. they buy the biggest house they can afford, best car etc. I doubt footballers are any different.

For all you know he may have massive mortgage payments, loans etc and is struggling to survive. He wouldn't be the first rich wanker to go bankrupt.

49Biggest game of the season - Page 3 Empty Re: Biggest game of the season Mon May 21 2012, 13:52

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Natasha leaps to the defence of a player saying it's been hard living on 56 thousand pounds a month.

laughable.

Thing is Hipster, most people live just within their means i.e. they buy the biggest house they can afford, best car etc. I doubt footballers are any different.

For all you know he may have massive mortgage payments, loans etc and is struggling to survive. He wouldn't be the first rich wanker to go bankrupt.

Natasha does have a valid point.

Because I bet you live within your menas, and with every pay-rise that means increases slightly each year. Could you go back to living on what you got paid on 5 years ago? I know 99% of people couldn't!

50Biggest game of the season - Page 3 Empty Re: Biggest game of the season Mon May 21 2012, 15:30

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There's clearly two sides to it, but a 50% pay cut is a huge thing for anyone to swallow, in any walk of life. He does deserve credit for that.

When companies are in trouble, it's quite common for them to ask employees to take a big pay cut, even as much as 50%. Many people find another employer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum