Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A tracking device in every car from 2017

+3
rogercpc
xmiles
Bolton Nuts
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Not sure of the exact details or if its already been discussed here... But every new car must be fitted with a device capable of tracking speed, times, and location from 2017 (or something)...

Is this a good or bad thing? Or is it all starting to get a bit Minority Report?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I can probably live with this. Although some people who aren't retired and are perhaps less enthusiastic about observing speed limits might not be so happy.

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

don't they do that with phones anyway? Big brother is everywhere!

Not happy

He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.

bwfc1874 wrote:He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.
Right so lets say in the first part of your statement that is Mr A and the second part Mr B

Mr A controls the past which in turn leads him to control the future.

Mr B controls the present which in turn leads him to control the past.

So MR A and B both control the past?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

my Father in Law is in his 80's now and still drives but he drives incredibly slowly now, he barely gets above 25mph! He's probably more of a danger than the boy racers now Very Happy

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie wrote:Not sure of the exact details or if its already been discussed here... But every new car must be fitted with a device capable of tracking speed, times, and location from 2017 (or something)...

Is this a good or bad thing? Or is it all starting to get a bit Minority Report?
Its just another way to fine us if im honest. 

George Orwell was right...

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I cant remember where I read this but it was a few weeks ago on some motoring website. 

The question was asked if the idea was principally for safety reasons or to simply generate more revenue from fines... 

They concluded that it would be no more difficult or expensive to add something to the devices firmware, routed through the cars ECU to limit the speed of the car Using GPS location (software already installed in most new cars for the sat-nav) i.e - in a 30 zone - you simply CANNOT go faster than that. However, the powers that be are dead against this - why? It simply has to be 'Gatso mk2' - a money generating scheme for the government. 

A government that is no longer in power and I doubt the same one ever will be again, so i wouldnt wory too much about this.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think the Big Brother lobby would have a lot to say about this, and I would agree with them that its a step too far, although some people are happy to give up their rights for a few quid, by letting the insurance companies watch how they drive, with the installation of cameras in their car.

I saw a comment in a motoring magazine recently where the crashed car was taken away by the police, who used a particular machine, which could tell them, after it was plugged into the diagnostic system, what speed the car was doing, and previous top speeds, etc., along with a pile of other information. and all sorts of things. Just goes to show, we don't know half of what information is available.

The next step will be to measure the size of our nostrils, so they can charge us for what we breathe

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

gloswhite wrote:The next step will be to measure the size of our nostrils, so they can charge us for what we breathe
Not a bad idea that. I know a fair few people who are a complete waste of oxygen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum