Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BSA leaves West Ham

+6
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
Copper Dragon
Banks of the Croal
xmiles
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BSA leaves West Ham Empty BSA leaves West Ham Sun May 24 2015, 22:49

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

2BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Sun May 24 2015, 23:14

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A True Legend here, has a Footballer ( still remember the Sunderland game when he scored for both sides) one of the best games I saw at Burnden ... there used to be a Video on YouTube of the game but it's been pulled .

Has a manager, we had our, for me anyway, most successful period.

Might even forgive him, for managing Blackburn Smile

3BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon May 25 2015, 00:06

He came out after the match and said it feels like the right time to leave. Wonder if he would have said that if he hadn't been binned off.

4BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon May 25 2015, 09:01

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's better off away from that silly club with silly fans.

5BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon May 25 2015, 09:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He did OK for them over the 4 seasons and the fans seemed to have come round to accepting his style of play having seen what it actually involved but I guess either the Board or Sam are ambitious and it will be a financial issue again - not giving Sam the money he wants to invest or not trusting him to spend it wisely.

6BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon May 25 2015, 09:18

He's not daft and I think he's doing what he did at Bolton when there were rumblings of discontent from the terraces for the last 18 months and walking away with his reputation intact.

He's realised that they've gone as far as they can and the owners aren't likely to be throwing cash at him for players and it can only go downhill from here.

They're moving to the Olympic stadium soon and expectation will be (unrealistically) high.

We all know he loves his stats and he was on the radio after the game listing facts and figures about his time at West Ham that made him sound like a cross between Fergie and Mourinho.

His reputation is everything to him and he's not prepared to put it at risk any longer at West Ham.

And he's very cleverly stated that he's taking the Summer off and doesn't expect to be working when the season kicks off but does envisage that he'll be back in the game at some point soon when it suits him.

ie, wait 'til somebody gets potted in a panic move by their foreign owners then walk into another job in the Prem.

Say what you like about him but he's an expert at preserving his own stock and getting the best for himself.

Edit: Post crossed with Lusty's.

7BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon May 25 2015, 09:20

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It was definitely a fan issue. They haven't taken to him at all.

8BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon May 25 2015, 09:23

Copper Dragon wrote:It was definitely a fan issue. They haven't taken to him at all.

Not so sure.

I've heard a few on the radio over the last year or so saying what we did about him.

ie, there there's this myth that he just plays "ugly" football but actually, when you watch his team every week, they pass it about a bit and it's not all long ball shit.

9BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon May 25 2015, 09:51

Considering what Allardyce was earning and the money they're going to throw at the club with the stadium move, it's a very attractive job to go for. I think he'll be gutted they didn't extend his contract because the next few years are going to be huge for West Ham, they genuinely expect to be pushing top 6 teams because of the massive windfall they're getting.

I expect they'll go for the likes of Benitez - who may go for it if he doesn't get a better offer. Personally I don't think they'll get a better manager than Allardyce in but it's all about image and i can see why they want a fresh start with a bigger European name.

10BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon May 25 2015, 10:01

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What odds he rolls up at Sunderland soon?

11BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon May 25 2015, 10:13

Be amazed if he went to Sunderland, he could do far better and he knows that.

12BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon May 25 2015, 10:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Legend. He'll land on his feet wherever he goes.

13BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon May 25 2015, 11:09

West ham will regret not keeping him. Same as everywhere he's been. Hes a good manager. The players buy into him and his philosophy. How else do you explain all the players not deemed good enough for us going onto play better have better careers with Sam. Everytime i speak to blackburn and newcastle fans they regret him going. It will be the same with west ham fans too.

14BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon May 25 2015, 11:43

They should just dig up Sir Alf's corpse and have done with it.

They won the World Cup you know........

15BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon Jun 01 2015, 18:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:West ham will regret not keeping him. Same as everywhere he's been. Hes a good manager. The players buy into him and his philosophy. How else do you explain all the players not deemed good enough for us going onto play better have better careers with Sam.  Everytime i speak to blackburn and newcastle fans they regret him going.  It will be the same with west ham fans too.

I'd love West Ham to go down next season as it will coincide perfectly with their move to the Olympic Stadium just in time for the start of the Championship.

16BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon Jun 01 2015, 18:56

I agree. Bellends

17BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon Jun 01 2015, 19:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm still waiting to see football played in the 'West Ham way' whatever that means.

18BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon Jun 01 2015, 19:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm old enough to remember West Ham with Moore, Hurst and Peters playing for them and they played just the same as everyone else did back then and when the final results always looked something like this - 4-1, 3-3, 1-5, 4-2, 1-3, etc, etc.

It was the likes of Alf Ramsey (who started to pick teams without wingers) and Don Revie's boring, boring Leeds, who concentrated on stoping the other team scoring and happy to win games just 1-0 all the time.

West Ham did win the European Cup Winners cup in 1965 and the FA Cup the year before - but these were all they ever did win 'the West Ham way'.

You could say they didn't change their style when everyone else did but I don't remember that being especially true - they certainly had some dirty players in their sides over the years!

They did win the FA Cup twice since then but even then one of their wins was against a Fulham team who were in the division below West Ham at the time and did really well just to make the final.

The last time they won anything of note was in 1980 - thirty-five years ago!!!

I like Allardyce, he does the job well and isn't as one dimensional as people like to make out.

He's no mug either, he left Bolton at the right time - he knew the players he had were coming to the end of their shelf life and he would have to rebuild a full squad from scratch again.

He's done a good job at every club he's been to since and left them all because of circumstances away from results on the pitch.

He's a very good manager in my opinion - not many managers have constant success on the pitch like he has - and those that have usually are with the top clubs like United and Chelsea and not 'town' clubs like us Blackburn and West Ham.

If he does take on another club I suspect he will do a good job there as well.

Allardyce as been Bolton's best manager in my lifetime - better than the likes of Rioch, Armfield and Greaves, imo.

19BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon Jun 01 2015, 21:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Everybody said Stoke would regret ditching Pulis and two years on they're actually better off in just about every way for it. 

It's very easy for us to have a go at West Ham fans over Allardyce because we've got unbelievable memories of when he was at Bolton. These days, there are no Youri Djorkaeffs or Jay Jay Okochas looking for free transfers to bottom half Premiership clubs, and as a result the sides he's managed since have been insanely boring to watch, albeit effective in terms of raking in annual Premier League cash.

On paper he's done a great job there, but I can appreciate why West Ham fans are glad to see the back of him.

20BSA leaves West Ham Empty Re: BSA leaves West Ham Mon Jun 01 2015, 22:40

Nothing boring about West Ham this season, they were playing some great football with Downing, Sakho, Song and Valencia. He's been undermined since January though and the players have clearly seen that and given up. Can't blame them for that.

I don't blame them for wanting a change, a new manager could take them to the next level and attract some real talent. Personally I'd have fancied Allaradyce to do that anyway given time and backing, they're taking a big risk here. I always liked West Ham so hope it works out for them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum