Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eddie Davies needs to splash the cash to get his money back!

+3
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Michael Bolton
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

From 2016/17 season the money on offer for just one season in the Premier League will be enormous once the new TV deal comes into place. 
The premier league prize and tv money out today for this season is unbelievable as it is:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Every team collected over £60m for the season, Crystal Palace collected approx £75m for the season before ticket sales, merchandise, etc. 
If Eddie Davies wants to get some of his investment back he has got to splash the cash to get Bolton competitive again. I am convinced Neil Lennon is the man to take Bolton forwards but he needs £15m to spend to get the team good enough to go up. But it won't happen will it?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

in a word no  Very Happy

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My best guess would be no. No chance. We spent up and totally blew it just at the wrong time.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll finish mid table at best next season. Just can't see Lennon putting together a squad that can challenge.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just about every team in the Championship and those at the bottom of the Prem are in the same boat really. There are so many teams who need to spend to recoup yet only 3 get promoted which means the majority will have to spend just to stand still.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:We'll finish mid table at best next season. Just can't see Lennon putting together a squad that can challenge.
I kind of disagree with this Bonce, I think we aleady have a squad to challenge, the secret is keeping them fit for a whole season, and getting Baptiste at CB with Wheater, get Clough and Clayton up top, Mavies just behind creating for them, and Walker and Vela creating the width, we have right there loads of talent more than capable of taking us up the table.

Vela creating width?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Vela creating width?
Only if he's on the bench.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vela has done well at right back but we need to play him in midfield now to get the best out of him.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Vela has done well at right back but we need to play him in midfield now to get the best out of him.

Thing is I'm not sure he's a good enough midfielder. Inconsistent.

Pretty unfair that Lusty, he's hardly been given a chance there. RB is probably an easier position to play but he's shown all the quality in his touch, passing and running to suggest he'll be a fine midfielder at this level.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Pretty unfair that Lusty, he's hardly been given a chance there. RB is probably an easier position to play but he's shown all the quality in his touch, passing and running to suggest he'll be a fine midfielder at this level.
 i agree 74

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:Vela has done well at right back but we need to play him in midfield now to get the best out of him.

Thing is I'm not sure he's a good enough midfielder. Inconsistent.
So from your armchair in Norwich you can judge a decent player? your defence of Freedman went beyond insanity.

Aren't you based in the Caribbean?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Aren't you based in the Caribbean?
And your point is?

Just seems a little hypocritical, why would you be any better placed to make a judgement?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anything above 18th would be an improvement wouldn't it. 

A fully fit squad might be a solid top 10 team but cant see a challenge at the moment.  Of course it all depends who comes in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum