Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Returning players

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Returning players Empty Returning players Wed May 27 2015, 16:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We sent a lot of players out on loan, some to try to find form, others to ease the wage bill, but I was wondering if any of them will feature in the first XL squad next season?

With Bannan, ALF, Slavchev - 3 players I'd have expected to walk into our team - and others returning to their clubs, there would seem to be plenty of opportunity for our own lads to make a breakthrough.

Baptiste is being looked at and Beckford seems to be on his way now that he's remembered where the goal is but is there any future with us for....

Odelusi?
Eaves?
Hall?
Medo?
Kellett?
White?
Wilkinson?

I'd be expecting Kellett to step up and will be really disappointed if Odelusi and White don't come good soon. Both strong, quick athletes who should be doing the business by now. Don't see any hope for the others though.

BTW hadn't realised we'd sold Cian Bolger to Sarfend. Thought he was another loaner.

2Returning players Empty Re: Returning players Thu May 28 2015, 08:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i can see Hall, Eaves and Medo moving on but the rest will hopefully stay as it seems we may be needing them next season if money is as tight as it seems.

3Returning players Empty Re: Returning players Thu May 28 2015, 09:44

Sell Odelusi, can get a small fee for him and I don't think he's technically good enough at this level. Wouldn't be surprised if Lennon's talk about Baptiste is a tactic to drive any deal up a bit.

Sounds as if Kellett did pretty well for United's reserves, he needs to be playing regular first team football this year otherwise I doubt he'll make the grade. White's been mixed from what I've read, worth another year but he needs to kick on, same for Wilkinson.

I like Medo, personally I'd keep but as he’s on big money he’s not worth keeping around unless he’s going to start every week.

Oh and sell Eaves ASAP.

4Returning players Empty Re: Returning players Thu May 28 2015, 10:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

what about Spearing? He must be on big wages and it looked like Lennon didn't rate him.

5Returning players Empty Re: Returning players Thu May 28 2015, 11:27

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Blimey,Lusty!   Odelusi "strong"??!! Have you seen him (and Wilkinson)....both built like pipe-cleaners. So easily knocked off the ball.

6Returning players Empty Re: Returning players Thu May 28 2015, 11:48

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lennon extended Wilkinsons contract so rates him. So I expect him to stay its hard for a young striker to make the step up, so give him time. Kellett worth keeping not fussed about the others.

7Returning players Empty Re: Returning players Thu May 28 2015, 17:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Blimey,Lusty!   Odelusi "strong"??!! Have you seen him (and Wilkinson)....both built like pipe-cleaners. So easily knocked off the ball.

Despite seeming to have been around for years, Odelusi is still only 21 and now has the L1 experience at MKD and Cov under his belt so I guess it's time for him to come good.

8Returning players Empty Re: Returning players Fri May 29 2015, 13:23

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Never been a big fan of Odelusi but having said that watched him in the final U21s game against Arsenal when he was decent and probably posed our main attacking threat so maybe he is maturing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum