Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

your favourite mobile phones you have owned

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I get a new one almost every year. Have done since i was 17. Probably had more than 15 though because i was always buying and selling them.

My favourites where;

Ericsson t28
Motorola razr
Nokia 8310
And my galaxy s5 i have now

Obviously they have come along way since my first three i mentioned.

Now i use my phone for everything;

Music
Films
Tv
Email
Even talking to my favourite nuggets on here Smile

I prefer android over apple particularly samsung because you can increase the capacity with micro sd.

80gb in total and im still struggling for space

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I use mine as little as possible. Because I work outdoors the Samsung xcover2 is ideal.
It's waterproof and sand proof,and is a sturdy piece of kit.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Since I got an iPhone I've always rated them, the only downside is all apps have to be verified by Apple meaning there are much less available and some of the dodgy stuff (illegally streaming movies etc) is not allowed...maybe I should jailbreak my phone...

I had a couple of iPhones but felt dirty not being able to download stuff. Plus the limited capacity puts me off. Also my missus had iPhones and trying to get the pictures off and stuff is a nightmare. To hold them they feel quality but even the slightest bang and the screen cracks.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I liked my Nokia e72, I still have it somewhere, everybody was sporting the blackberry bold and I had the most expensive mass produced phone on the planet at the time. It was slick as shit. Work provided me with it as an option against a blackberry, stupid fuckers, I cost them a bomb. 

I hate apple with a passion and believe iPhone users should be beaten. 

Android is the way forward. 

I have a HTC one m9 at present, before I had that I had the HTC one m8, its the best smartphone ever made.

I haven't got a clue about phones.

I've just had to check what sort mine is (I know it's a Samsung but wasn't sure what type - it's an S3 apparently) and I've had it for about three years.

I can ring people, send and receive texts, take pictures and play Candy Crush on the bog.

And that's all I need.

I can easily remember a time before mobile phones and it was miles better than it is now.

How can you hide from the wife in the pub when she's ringing you every five minutes?

People in the cinema actually used to watch the film instead of updating their Faceybook status and Tweetering nonsense.

And that daft cow who ploughed into the back of my car at the lights wouldn't have done it if she didn't own a mobile phone, would she?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:
How can you hide from the wife in the pub when she's ringing you every five minutes?

The number one modern day social dilemma!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hate my phone,but I have to have it. All I really use it for is calls,texting,and sometimes listening to the radio.
Changing the subject slightly,I had to go to our office to check up on some work related stuff,and was told by one of the guys there that he'd have to email Bill,who was in charge of the job to get me what I wanted. This he did.
Bill turned out to be sitting 5 feet away at another desk. Bill then emailed the details of the job back to my guy,who printed them out for me. Not a word passed between them. Crazy.

Have a LG G3 at the minute and it's a great phone. Had iphones in the past and they are very user unfriendly.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I hate my phone,but I have to have it. All I really use it for is calls,texting,and sometimes listening to the radio.
Changing the subject slightly,I had to go to our office to check up on some work related stuff,and was told by one of the guys there that he'd have to email Bill,who was in charge of the job to get me what I wanted. This he did.
Bill turned out to be sitting 5 feet away at another desk. Bill then emailed the details of the job back to my guy,who printed them out for me. Not a word passed between them. Crazy.
I email line managers when people have fucked up. Saves me bolloking them myself, even when they are in the same room. 

Its how modern offices work...

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not really Mobile Phone Friendly, got a cheap £20 phone at the moment.

Sadly spilled some Lemonade on my previous phone Very Happy 

Which resulted in it not working anymore Shocked

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad I don't work in an office. Shocked

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Have a Motorola Moto G first generation. Makes calls and texty things and has a zillion other things I don't use. I've also had a Razr 3 and a Samsung Galaxy Ace, oh and a Huewai (Sp) Could do without one but it isn't advisable in this day and age.

The thing is i actually hate texting and making calls. It does my head right in. There are so many other things i use it for but if they took away that function it wouldnt bother me in the slightest

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:The thing is i actually hate texting and making calls.  It does my head right in.  There are so many other things i use it for but if they took away that function it wouldnt bother me in the slightest
So basically, you need a tablet?

Ive got one. But when my contract is up i think im going to just get a tablet with a sim. Can still skype when im away to talk to the missus plus im sure you can get whatsapp or something similar on a tablet.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:Ive got one.  But when my contract is up i think im going to just get a tablet with a sim.  Can still skype when im away to talk to the missus plus im sure you can get whatsapp or something similar on a tablet.
Watsapp will only install on a tablet if you convince watsapp its a phone...

They send a text to verify the number, so use your number and then verfy the text you get and it will work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum