Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Classic Cars .

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Classic Cars . Empty Classic Cars . Tue May 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

From 18th of november this year classic car owners of cars from 1960 and back will no longer need to have an mot test. Being an owner of a few cars myself i dont know if this is a good idea or not. The government reckon we look after them well enough not to need an mot certificate but we are still responsable for keeping them in a safe condition. I presume that means i will be open to all sorts of legal problems in the event of an accident. Also why should they assume the classic car owner is able to judge the safety of a vehicle by driving it or having a quick look round.I dont think this is a good idea and a very strange one for the government to introduce. It could affect the value of the vehicle also. You can take a voluntary test if you want to. Also not sure how insurance companies will view this. I cant but help wonder if there is some devious idea behind it as they are losing money by doing this.

2Classic Cars . Empty Re: Classic Cars . Tue May 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote: From 18th of november this year classic car owners of cars from 1960 and back will no longer need to have an mot test. Being an owner of a few cars myself i dont know if this is a good idea or not. The government reckon we look after them well enough not to need an mot certificate but we are still responsable for keeping them in a safe condition. I presume that means i will be open to all sorts of legal problems in the event of an accident. Also why should they assume the classic car owner is able to judge the safety of a vehicle by driving it or having a quick look round.I dont think this is a good idea and a very strange one for the government to introduce. It could affect the value of the vehicle also. You can take a voluntary test if you want to. Also not sure how insurance companies will view this. I cant but help wonder if there is some devious idea behind it as they are losing money by doing this.

You're rich. We get it.

3Classic Cars . Empty Re: Classic Cars . Tue May 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Angry Dad wrote: From 18th of november this year classic car owners of cars from 1960 and back will no longer need to have an mot test. Being an owner of a few cars myself i dont know if this is a good idea or not. The government reckon we look after them well enough not to need an mot certificate but we are still responsable for keeping them in a safe condition. I presume that means i will be open to all sorts of legal problems in the event of an accident. Also why should they assume the classic car owner is able to judge the safety of a vehicle by driving it or having a quick look round.I dont think this is a good idea and a very strange one for the government to introduce. It could affect the value of the vehicle also. You can take a voluntary test if you want to. Also not sure how insurance companies will view this. I cant but help wonder if there is some devious idea behind it as they are losing money by doing this.

You're rich. We get it.
Shut it whittam .

4Classic Cars . Empty Re: Classic Cars . Tue May 22, 2012 2:37 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never.

But in answer to your question it does seem a bit of a strange decision. I get that a lot of classic car owners will really look after their cars, but there will still be the odd bellend who is happy to drive an unfit car on the road.

5Classic Cars . Empty Re: Classic Cars . Tue May 22, 2012 2:40 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
You're rich. We get it.

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum