Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Comedians

+11
jayjay23
aaron_bwfc
Angry Dad
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
largehat
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Tue May 22 2012, 20:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Omid Djalili is another one who gets away with it because he is Iranian.

Robin Williams and Richard Pryor were very good at stand-up.

22Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Tue May 22 2012, 20:45

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Every July there are UK, OZ and US comedies coming over to Toomlers comedy club. From the initial list, attached there is only 1 I know and that is Arj baker and don't think he is that good. Do anyone know any of the others, if so, how good are they?

http://www.toomler.nl/p5-english.html

23Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Tue May 22 2012, 20:54

bwfc71 wrote:Every July there are UK, OZ and US comedies coming over to Toomlers comedy club. From the initial list, attached there is only 1 I know and that is Arj baker and don't think he is that good. Do anyone know any of the others, if so, how good are they?

http://www.toomler.nl/p5-english.html

Seriously fella, no one gives a shit about who is appearing at a Dutch comedy club.

24Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Tue May 22 2012, 21:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:

Seriously fella, no one gives a shit about who is appearing at a Dutch comedy club.

Aren't you supposed to be at a barn dance tonight with your cousins ?Comedians - Page 2 4j2wkw

25Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Wed May 23 2012, 10:36

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Jack Dee and Ricky Gervaise for me and some fat bird with a geordie accent ,cant remember her name.

26Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Wed May 23 2012, 12:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Angry Dad wrote: some fat bird with a geordie accent ,cant remember her name.

Sarah Millican? I've seen her live, she's good.

Other stand ups I've seen and enjoyed are Stewart Francis, Andi Osho, John Bishop, Micky Flanagan and Jimmy Carr.

27Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Wed May 23 2012, 12:13

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I know not many on here are fans but Lee evans is a very funny guy, I went to watch Dave Spikey in bolton last year and he was good.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the comedy gala, any show that claims to have Jonathon Ross doing a stand up routine is a no go for me.

John Bishop is one guy I just can't bring myself to watch, not sure if it's the scouse accent but I just don't find him funny. Stewart Francis is the best deliverer of one liners i've ever seen, just above Tim Vine.

28Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Wed May 23 2012, 18:22

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You know what there are some good comments on here.

Jimmy Carr does make me laugh sometimes though...
James Corden is absolute and utter garbage - I can't get how he seems to be the face of things like Comedy Sport relief - he is neither sporty nor funny.
I agree about Rich Hall on stand up for the week - he struggled like mad and it was cringe worthy. Horrid to watch although I normally like him.

A couple of the killer moments I have seen on tv were on Mock the week where Frankie Boyle came out with something jaw dropping!

29Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Wed May 23 2012, 19:08

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've just remembered another truly, truly pathetic, abysmal, contemptible stand up act - even worse than Jimmy Carr and on a par with Jeff Dunham - Al Murray, that pub landlord knobhead. My God. I'd rather sit in an empty theatre for two hours than watch that imbecile 'perform'.

30Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Wed May 23 2012, 22:12

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I have to say that the best stand ups working today are American. my particular favourite being Doug Stanhope. Then there's Louie CK too. Both absolute genius. Only wish that I'd got to see George Carlin or Bill Hicks before they passed.

31Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Thu May 24 2012, 16:18

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Louie CK is very funny. I loved "Lucky Louie" and never understood how it never got a second season.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

32Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Thu May 24 2012, 16:23

Stewart Lee is a comedy genius. Seen Lee Evans, Peter Kay, John Bishop and Russell Howard live. Peter Kay I walked out half way through. Lee Evans and John Bishop were probably on a par with each other and Russell Howard was funnier than I expected him to be.

33Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Thu May 24 2012, 22:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does anyone find Ed Bassmaster funny ? I do find some of his stuff quite amusing. It's the absurdity.

34Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Thu May 24 2012, 22:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Don't know if people have seen (well heard really) this clip.

I find it so funny - hope you do too.

35Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Thu May 24 2012, 22:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ha that tom mabe clip is a classic, very funny prank call.

36Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Fri May 25 2012, 15:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It goes to show that identifying with the personality and the material itself carry pretty much even weight. For me, a good joke is a good joke regardless of who wrote it. But it is regretful that some of the annoying personalities get in the way rather than help the delivery.

37Comedians - Page 2 Empty Re: Comedians Fri May 25 2012, 18:03

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Brilliant clip... I wanna do that!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum