Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Babies crying in films.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Babies crying in films. Empty Babies crying in films. Sun Jul 05 2015, 00:52

How do they do it?

Just watched Kingsman on DVD (not massively impressed if I'm honest - tries to lampoon early Bond but relies heavily on the same sort of cheesy shtick they employed, ridicules it and then recycles it with a knowing nod that fails to hit the mark) and there's a scene where the mother is trying to batter down the bathroom door with an axe so that she can get to her daughter and kill her.

She (the daughter) is about eighteen months old and is sitting in a pushchair in front of the toilet in a dirty bathroom as her screen mother hammers away at the door with demented abandon, fully intending to chop her up into little bits.

And the kid in the film is properly bawling her eyes out and looks terrified.

How the fuck do they achieve that shot?

We have laws about not hurting animals when making films, but it appears that it's perfectly ok to scare the shit out of small children to get the desired shot.

Any Nutters work in the film industry?

If so, can you shed any light?

2Babies crying in films. Empty Re: Babies crying in films. Sun Jul 05 2015, 12:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes. They put stinging nettles in the kid's nappy. It's called method acting.

3Babies crying in films. Empty Re: Babies crying in films. Sun Jul 05 2015, 23:44

Lee Strasberg would be very proud.

How do they make dogs limp on cue?

Something sharp surreptitiously inserted in a paw?

Or do they just ask one of the riggers to kick it?

4Babies crying in films. Empty Re: Babies crying in films. Mon Jul 06 2015, 05:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The memory of 'Mr Ed' was ruined for me when I discovered ,in later life,that there was a wire attached to the horses lip.

5Babies crying in films. Empty Re: Babies crying in films. Mon Jul 06 2015, 12:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A film director once instructed a very young Shirley Temple to cry during a particular scene,and her immediate response was "do you want the tears to come down the side of my face,or the front?"
She was good. Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum