Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ebay - Genuine question.

+4
Chairmanda
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 07:37

I've been buying stuff off Ebay for over 15 years and I've never had a problem in the past (apart from bidding on things that I shouldn't have when drunk but that's my fault and nobody else's) but I've just come across a situation that I haven't previously encountered.

Yesterday I won an auction for an item, being the sole bidder, and I tried paying for it straight away (as I always do) but I got a message from Paypal telling me that my payment hadn't gone through.

There was money in my account, so I was a bit puzzled.

I subsequently received a message from Ebay telling me that I'd won the auction but my payment was pending because the seller hadn't "accepted" it yet. 

The money's gone out of my bank account but the payment is still awaiting acceptance from the seller.

What's that all about?

I've never seen it before and it's troubling me a bit.

I've emailed the seller but he hasn't replied yet, so I'm starting to get a bit concerned.

Anybody on here ever had that happen?

Cheers.

2Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 08:19

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No. That's never happened to me.

3Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 08:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We may place your incoming payments from sales on eBay into your pending balance. This is commonplace for new or inexperienced sellers.
We’ve been dealing with online payments for years and we’ve realised that this helps to prevents losses, by keeping your money secure. It also makes buyers feel safer and more likely to return and purchase again.
Typically, you’ll have access to these pending payments after:
3 calendar days of the estimated delivery date, if you mark the item as sent in your ebay account and provide delivery tracking information, or
7 calendar days of the estimated delivery date, if you mark the item as sent in your ebay account but don’t provide delivery tracking information, or
21 calendar days, if you don’t mark the item as sent in your ebay account and don't provide delivery tracking information
You’re incoming payments will usually become instantly available to you once:
90 days have passed since your first successful sale on eBay, and
You’ve received £165 from sales on eBay, and
You’ve had 25 sales on eBay

4Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 08:25

Cheers, BTID.

Just checked and it does look like he is new to selling, as his rating is zero, despite the fact that he's been a member since 2013.

I'm just a bit miffed that he didn't respond to a question I asked about the item before I put my bid in, nor has he answered my message about collecting the item.

Don't buy stuff from people in Bury appears to be the learning on this one.  Very Happy

5Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not your day today is it.

6Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not had that before.

7Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:24

Boggersbelief wrote:It's not your day today is it.

You're probably loving this and I honestly don't begrudge you that.  

Maybe it's Karma...... Very Happy

8Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No I'm not. I don't want you to get ripped off

9Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:27

Cheers.

We burying the hatchet and moving on?

10Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah, I think its about time

11Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:31

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

woo hoo!!! almost worth pranging your car, dealing with a council idiot, and nearly getting ripped off on ebay for....

12Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

13Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:39

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well this site is going to be 5,000 posts light a week now.

Sluffy, get that spoon out and start stirring.  Very Happy

14Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:40

It just goes to show that positivity can be found in even the most challenging circumstances.

Good man, Boggers.

And thanks.

I genuinely feel better now.

15Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

just Scott and Breaders to sort out now  Very Happy

16Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:45

....and the Ebay guy's just emailed me to apologise and let me know that he's as confused as I am, so he's taking it up with Ebay.

Today keeps getting better and better!

Just need Joe Rooooooot to smash about 200 runs now and everything will wind up just peachy......

17Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:58

Breadman wrote:
Just need Joe Rooooooot to smash about 200 runs now and everything will wind up just peachy......

....and eight minutes later he's out.

:facepalm:

18Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 12:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:Well this site is going to be 5,000 posts light a week now.

Oh I'm sure somebody or other will upset someone else on here long before I need to get my spoon out.

That's half of what makes it so much fun on here!

Wink

19Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 13:01

Sluffy wrote:

Oh I'm sure somebody or other will upset someone else on here long before I need to get my spoon out.

Wink

Shut it sluffy

20Ebay - Genuine question. Empty Re: Ebay - Genuine question. Thu Jul 30 2015, 13:49

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

y2johnny wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Wink

Shut it sluffy
how dare you tell sluffy to shut it? he is one of the secret owners you know, and anyway, you don't use your proper name so you are just a keyboard warrior and you aren't a proper fan cos you don't go to every game home and away 'cos you are too busy (insert homophobic insult of your choice here)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum