Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nolan in talks with Bolton.

+12
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
JAH
Bwfc1958
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
scottjames30
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Nolan in talks with Bolton. Sun Sep 13 2015, 15:06

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

David Gold has just said so on twitter.

2Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Sun Sep 13 2015, 19:36

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It obviously lifted the club a bit having Gudjohnsson back.

Mixed feelings about Nolan coming back from a footballing point of view, but it'd definitely get the sentimental sort of fans onside.

3Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Sun Sep 13 2015, 19:42

I heard they held talks on Friday, Nolan laughed at the offer and walked away.

4Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Sun Sep 13 2015, 20:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can't afford him

5Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 00:03

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If there is ANY truth in this, Wanderers couldn't offer any more than a 1 season contract and I'm sure Nolan will be looking for 2 now that he will be dropping into the Championship.
Good luck to him but I really hope he doesn't come back. Cracking player for us in his day and should be left that way.

6Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 08:21

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We don't actually need him. We've enough midfielders already -and he always was a bit slow. We've enough in that department already

7Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 08:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute bollocks.

8Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 11:03

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Could do with his goals though?

9Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 11:10

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Soul Kitchen wrote:Could do with his goals though?

Agreed- but we would still need an out and out striker to make up for this current deficit in the squad

10Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 11:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kevin Nolan holds talks with Bolton over emotional return after leaving West Ham

Kevin Nolan has spoken to Bolton about making an emotional return.

The midfielder, 33, had his West Ham contract terminated by mutual consent and has since been training with Leyton Orient to maintain fitness.

Now Nolan is on the lookout for a new club – and Bolton are desperate to take him back.

He played for them for 10 years and it is understood he travelled north for talks with the Trotters on Friday.

Bolton fear they will not be able to afford his wages, but are hopeful an agreement can be struck.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 11:19

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Kevin Nolan holds talks with Bolton over emotional return after leaving West Ham

Kevin Nolan has spoken to Bolton about making an emotional return.

The midfielder, 33, had his West Ham contract terminated by mutual consent and has since been training with Leyton Orient to maintain fitness.

Now Nolan is on the lookout for a new club – and Bolton are desperate to take him back.

He played for them for 10 years and it is understood he travelled north for talks with the Trotters on Friday.

Bolton fear they will not be able to afford his wages, but are hopeful an agreement can be struck.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The last thing we need at the moment is anything remotely 'emotional'. Life at the Macron is harder than that- we need players who can get their heads down and grind out results . Its all well and good having previous players return- but only if they can make a solid contribution where its required. If Nolan can do that  then well and good. But if he's taken on simply because he was a good servant for 10 years- then give him a job entertaining the corporate customers when they're being wined and dined. But not as a squad player.
Life is too much of a bitch at the minute for too much emotion

12Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 11:35

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Rammy
Your last line echoes further than Wanderers does it not?

13Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 11:40

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Soul Kitchen wrote:Rammy
Your last line echoes further than Wanderers does it not?

Yes it does- but lets not get too concerned about bigger pictures.
Football is recreation and entertainment(well should be!!) and, although full of passion- its still irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
Take Nat for example- and her loveless life ,trying to choose which of two malodorous misfits to go out with.
Now- that's important stuff!!

14Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 13:31

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I know we need a striker but I would love Nolan to come back. Not just for sentimental reasons either. He would give us some bite In midfield and bag a few goals as well. You can't honestly tell me nobby wouldn't do a better job than Danns. We also lack proper leadership on the field, especially when heads go down. I would have him back in a heartbeat.

15Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 13:43

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nobby>Danns. Actually Nobby shouldn't even be compared to Danns. One has x years prem experience and the other is utter garbage!

16Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 14:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd take Nolan back, he's far better than the crap we currently turn out in midfield, and is a better striker than Madine and Heskey combined.

17Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 17:35

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd take Nolan back, he's far better than the crap we currently turn out in midfield, and is a better striker than Madine and Heskey combined.

Correct....but I think that's because of the state of our team rather than Nobby being much better.

18Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 18:01

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Nolan commented yesterday on "Goals on Sunday" that he and his family enjoyed living in London and that he intended staying down there. Make of that what you will.

19Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 18:26

Translation-

'I want QPR to make an offer as they're dumb enough to pay over £10k for me.'

20Nolan in talks with Bolton. Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 18:58

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Barryjw wrote:Nolan commented yesterday on "Goals on Sunday" that he and his family enjoyed living in London and that he intended staying down there. Make of that what you will.

He must be lying ..... who in the right mind would want to live in London rather than Breightmet or Little Lever.  Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum