Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nolan in talks with Bolton.

+12
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
JAH
Bwfc1958
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
scottjames30
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Mon Sep 14 2015, 18:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:

He must be lying ..... who in the right mind would want to live in London rather than Breightmet or Little Lever.  Twisted Evil

Watch it, I was born in the LL ghetto.

22Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Tue Sep 15 2015, 08:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kevin Nolan returning to Bolton Wanderers still not ruled out

Neil Lennon says there has been no contact with free agent Kevin Nolan about a return to Wanderers – but has not ruled out the possibility in the future.

Nolan talked fondly about his decade as a Whites first-teamer during Sky Sports’ Goals on Sunday programme at the weekend days after Lennon spoke about the possibility of the Liverpudlian midfielder returning.

And while he continues to search for additions to his squad, the Northern Irishman has again refused to rule out a move for the 33-year-old who is currently training with Leyton Orient.

But he has reiterated that finances could be the stumbling block if contact with Nolan’s representatives was made.

Speaking to The Bolton News at his press conference ahead of tonight’s Championship clash with Sheffield Wednesday, Lennon said: “If he was to come in it would probably have to suit both parties.

“I don’t know about affordability but I think that would be the main stumbling block more than anything.

“But there has been no contact – not yet.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

23Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Tue Sep 15 2015, 11:55

JAH wrote:Nobby>Danns. Actually Nobby shouldn't even be compared to Danns. One has x years prem experience and the other is utter garbage!

Nolan would be a disaster played in central midfield he barely had the legs for it at 23 never mind 33, plus he's never been able to pass further than 10 yards.

I'd sign him (at the right price) but he should only ever be played off a target man he's useless at everything except scoring.

24Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Tue Sep 15 2015, 14:21

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

bwfc1874 wrote:
JAH wrote:Nobby>Danns. Actually Nobby shouldn't even be compared to Danns. One has x years prem experience and the other is utter garbage!

Nolan would be a disaster played in central midfield he barely had the legs for it at 23 never mind 33, plus he's never been able to pass further than 10 yards.

I'd sign him (at the right price) but he should only ever be played off a target man he's useless at everything except scoring.
Bloody hell 74, bit harsh. Has he poked your missus or summat?  Very Happy

25Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Tue Sep 15 2015, 14:56

Very Happy

Maybe a bit harsh, but I never rated Nolan as a footballer aside from his finishing. Don't get me wrong that's obviously vitally important but in the centre of the pitch he was a liability. To be worth anything he has to be played much further up.

26Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Tue Sep 15 2015, 15:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh my days. Has 74 just claimed that Kevin Nolan is not really that good

You've lost the plot

27Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Tue Sep 15 2015, 15:52

I'm claiming he's a poor midfielder - which he is. 

Not a bad second striker though.

Never say 'Oh my days' again you can't pull that off.

28Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Tue Sep 15 2015, 15:59

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

you really don't know what you're talking about. Same can be said about the refugee crisis aswell, just pipe down for a while.

29Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Tue Sep 15 2015, 16:00

Nolan had about three decent season with us then he went fat and shit.

And I don't recall too many dissenting voices when we finally got rid and made a few quid out of the deal.

The consensus back then was "He was fine at one time but he's no pace and he just waddles round the middle of the park not doing a right lot - good riddance."

Then he rejoined Allardyce, went on the Slim Fast and somehow managed to claim the record for the English midfielder with the most appearances in the Prem to never have been capped. 

(Even Reo Coker and McCann got capped by England - remember that.)

Would I have him back?

Probably not.

But then again, it's a moot point because I can't see him playing for forty quid a week, so that rules him out.

That article from the BN is nothing more than the usual lazy bollocks they recycle - Lennon hasn't ruled out signing him much in the same way as he hasn't ruled out signing Messi and Ronaldo....

30Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Tue Sep 15 2015, 17:34

Boggersbelief wrote:you really don't know what you're talking about. Same can be said about the refugee crisis aswell, just pipe down for a while.

Ha I love how you're back trying to wind up after trying to be the nice guy for a while, I enjoy this Boggers most, stick with it.

31Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Tue Sep 15 2015, 17:36

Breadman wrote:Nolan had about three decent season with us then he went fat and shit.

And I don't recall too many dissenting voices when we finally got rid and made a few quid out of the deal.

The consensus back then was "He was fine at one time but he's no pace and he just waddles round the middle of the park not doing a right lot - good riddance."

Correct. Immobile, couldn't pass or tackle.

Had a great talent for timing his runs into the box which is something you can't teach and why he had such a good scoring record.

32Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Tue Sep 15 2015, 18:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, everyone was glad to see him go, especially for £5m.

But back then we were a top half Premier League team, now we're a bottom half Championship team who have scored three goals in seven games.

33Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Tue Sep 15 2015, 18:07

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Breadman wrote:Nolan had about three decent season with us then he went fat and shit.

Correct. Immobile, couldn't pass or tackle.

Had a great talent for timing his runs into the box which is something you can't teach and why he had such a good scoring record.

Spot on. Can't believe the number of Bolton fans that look back on that decision and talk like he should never have been sold. He was the number one scapegoat for a good two or three seasons.

In terms of the present moment, like Nat I wouldn't complain if we could get him in the squad but he'd have to take an insane pay cut.

34Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Tue Sep 15 2015, 18:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a good player and motivator but if we actually have enough money for another salary I think we should be looking for something different that potentially could bring a long term solution. I don't think Nobby would improve us enough to justify the missed opportunity.

35Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Fri Sep 18 2015, 20:22

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'll never forgive Nolan. Every time I hear his name, I remember. I don't want him playing for Bolton ever again.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

36Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Fri Sep 18 2015, 20:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:I'll never forgive Nolan. Every time I hear his name, I remember. I don't want him playing for Bolton ever again.

Welcome to Nuts Keegan, enjoy your stay.

37Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Fri Sep 18 2015, 20:34

Keegan wrote:I'll never forgive Nolan. Every time I hear his name, I remember. I don't want him playing for Bolton ever again.

Remember what? How good a deal we got for him?

Happy days.

38Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Fri Sep 18 2015, 23:10

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:Very Happy

Maybe a bit harsh, but I never rated Nolan as a footballer aside from his finishing. Don't get me wrong that's obviously vitally important but in the centre of the pitch he was a liability. To be worth anything he has to be played much further up.

Its Finishing we need ?

39Nolan in talks with Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nolan in talks with Bolton. Fri Sep 18 2015, 23:14

As I said earlier I'd sign him at the right price. I just never rated him as a midfielder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum